PDA

View Full Version : emmissions test

handyman_321
09-15-2017, 01:05 PM
My new car is having a bit of a hard time passing emissions in Ontario. It has headers and exhaust. Does anybody know a shop that is good at passing hard to pass cars. Or a good exhaust shop that can have a look at it? PM me

Thanks

BrianACR
09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Move to Alberta :D

handyman_321
09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
lol that's were the car is from....

Rocket
09-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Do you have the Mopar PCM with your headers and exhaust? If they are doing an OBD test and you have the Mopar PCM - the test will always show "not ready" as the mopar pcm turns off the secondary O2 sensors. To the best of my knowledge - there isn't a really good fix for this - although I thought there was some discussion about working with one of the tuners and the stock PCM as one possible workaround.

The Stig
09-18-2017, 04:58 PM
PM sent .... call me

handyman_321
09-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks stig ... Turns out the car has after market headers and straight pipes . I have it at Pfaff tuning and they are going to get the car ready for Ontario. Nice guys there

J TNT
09-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Our club held a exotic cars and coffee ,latte, espresso there last year.....lol ! , great guys for sure !!!

BrianACR
09-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Did you happen to buy this car from Pure Executive in Edmonton??

Garron
09-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Thanks stig ... Turns out the car has after market headers and straight pipes . I have it at Pfaff tuning and they are going to get the car ready for Ontario. Nice guys there

If you are keeping the headers and installing cats you may want to reposition the rear oxygen sensors near the tail pipes. Belanger sells a kit with the wiring, bungs and plugs for the aftermarket rear oxygen sensor location.

This allows you to run anti-foulers and you can pass with no cats at all (not that I would recommd that). Also there is a lot less heat in this area so the sensors last longer. (A rear oxygen sensor failure or its wiring can blow the shared fuel injection fuse in a gen 4 and leave you on the side of the road)

Good luck

Hopefully we will see you at some events

Garrett

The Stig
09-23-2017, 11:56 AM
there is a complete gen 4 exhaust - manifolds to tips on Kijiji for sale in Ontario.. if u are interested..

Rocket
09-24-2017, 09:35 AM
Let us know how it turns out. I take it you do NOT have the Mopar PCM - which would actually surprise me if you had headers and pipes - without throwing codes?

handyman_321
10-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys...I did buy the car at pure executive... They were very nice to deal with. They even paid to have the car certified in Ontario. Very fair

Pfaff tuning are doing the exhaust for me, great guys...They are leaving the headers on and fabricated a new exhaust for me with all the needed sensors and heat shields etc...

I'm going on vacation and will pick the car up on the 16th. I'll let you know how it worked out when I've driven it for a bit.

BrianACR
10-17-2017, 03:34 PM
That's good to hear they treated you well. Enjoy your new ride!