PDA

View Full Version : Widebnd Air Fuel Gauge/Logger in Gen 5

Jack B
02-03-2014, 09:29 PM
The following picture shows multiple OBD2 outputs along with one analog output from an Innovate LC2 wideband O2 sensor into the the DashDaq recording system. The Dashdaq attaches to the OBD2 port and can read a total 48 of the PIDs (on the G5) from the OBD2 output. The gauge can display a max of 18 PIDs at one time. It can also log 18 PIDs at one time. The logs are viewed via an SD card through the Innovate Logworks software.

In addition to displaying and logging the OBD2 PIDs, it can also display two analog (0-5V) signals. In this case I took one of the Innovate analog outputs and fed it into the Dashdaq. The screen below is one of 50 built-in screens (skins) that are contained in the firmware. You can also modify and build your own skins. The wideband is located just before the turnout. The picture shows the parameters during a cold idle. It is interesting how close to 14.7 the car runs during a cold start.

kdaviper
02-03-2014, 09:39 PM
What is AFR? airflow rate? some units would be helpful in understanding lol

Jack B
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Air fuel ratio or a/f, it forms the basis for all tuning.

What is AFR? airflow rate? some units would be helpful in understanding lol

Nine Ball
02-04-2014, 08:43 AM
That would be handy to monitor A/F after doing header swaps and such. What does TAC % mean?

rw99
02-04-2014, 09:28 AM
...somebody prepping for FI? :D

mjorgensen
02-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Jack has one of the first headers we did and they have secondary bungs in the collectors for this, the normal headers will not unless specifically ordered that way. Thanks again Jack for all your information here ;-)

kdaviper
02-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Air fuel ratio or a/f, it forms the basis for all tuning.

oh gotcha. no wonder no units lol

Jack B
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
The TAC is one of five PIDS that monitor pedal and throttle position. I am trying to find out which two to track for when the PCM pulls throttle. I want to see at WOT (pedal) if the actual throttle body plate is limited when at the drag-strip.

That would be handy to monitor A/F after doing header swaps and such. What does TAC % mean?

Getnlwr
02-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Jack has one of the first headers we did and they have secondary bungs in the collectors for this, the normal headers will not unless specifically ordered that way. Thanks again Jack for all your information here ;-)

Hey Mark, It's a shame that more people don't think this way. It's a hassle to get them modified, especially if them come ceramic coated.

Jack B
02-04-2014, 04:13 PM

I know this was Lou's first attempt, but, please pass this on to him, the next permutation should have the optional bung (drivers side) moved either 1" towards the engine or 15 degrees towards 12 o-clock when viewing from the engine side. The wideband O2 sensor was difficult to install, it slightly hits the flange bolt on the street side. I know I could have turned the bolt head in the opposite direction, however, the bolt would then hit the turn-out. One mistake i made was bolting the exhaust side together when it was outside the car, instead I bolted them together on the car.

As we discussed, the the header install was painless, everything fit like a glove. If people like their Corsa's, now, they will love them with Belangers. It is not that the sound is way louder, it is more baritone and the tinny background noise is gone. Just a guess, but, that tinny noise is probably caused by the factory double wall headers.