PDA

View Full Version : FFFFFFFF auto transport just cancelled on me

dodgestang
09-05-2017, 03:55 PM
So I bought a car....setup shipping/transport....everything was great.

Confirmation this morning pick up was happening Wed Morning and car would be here Friday....

Now...not so much.

I'll give you one guess what state the car is in........

AZTVR
09-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I'll give you one guess what state the car is in........

Alaska ! ?

13COBRA
09-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Who are you using?

My dad just got his car scheduled to come out of Houston tomorrow (I believe).

ACRSNK
09-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Call InterCity. They are hard to beat and super reliable.

dodgestang
09-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Alaska ! ?

Opposite corner ;)

Coming out of Tampa, FL

I was/am using Montway Auto

Geronimo
09-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Alaska ! ?

With everything going on that was a really bad guess lol

AZTVR
09-05-2017, 08:13 PM
With everything going on that was a really bad guess lol

My first guess wasn't worthy of a lol from anyone; so, I went with my second choice.

v10viperbox
09-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Take this with a grain of salt but I am having trouble getting trucks in and out of even the middle of Texas right now and we are seeing gas surcharges. Flordia I cannot even get quotes right now if you are south of Naples.

dodgestang
09-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Take this with a grain of salt but I am having trouble getting trucks in and out of even the middle of Texas right now and we are seeing gas surcharges. Flordia I cannot even get quotes right now if you are south of Naples.

One of the reasons I am mad as a hater that the shipper cancelled AFTER confirming.
They confirmed pick up for Wed AM, so I processed all funds to seller Tuesday, got him to agree that could do pickup Wednesday, wrote up the bill of sale, etc....Told shipped everything was good to go, they confirmed AGAIN. And then 20 minutes later they cancelled.

So now I have a car that I own, that is going to ride out a storm in a garage and I probably won't see it get here for a month because of all the shit that is going to happen in the general area.

The pessimist in me 'KNOWs' they cancelled because higher paying jobs suddenly dropped in their lap. They also have my money...I paid $200 upfront which according them is "non refundable because we assigned it to a shipper already"....while I yell at them "yeah...and then you cancelled....."

bluesrt
09-06-2017, 01:15 PM
call frank barba he may be able to help

dodgestang
09-06-2017, 01:43 PM
call frank barba he may be able to help

I did. He has obligations unfortunately.

Mopar'er no car
09-06-2017, 02:11 PM
It's quite simple. Fly in and drive home. If you can't fly right into Houston rent a car and drive to the dealer.

ACRucrazy
09-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Best of luck, first thought I have is make sure SOMEONE has GOOD insurance on it..

Rich Detert
09-06-2017, 03:34 PM
It's quite simple. Fly in and drive home. If you can't fly right into Houston rent a car and drive to the dealer.

I guess you missed the part where he said the car was in Tampa Florida.

Hopefully you can get the car out of Florida before hurricane Irma hits.

Mopar'er no car
09-06-2017, 03:48 PM
I guess you missed the part where he said the car was in Tampa Florida.

Hopefully you can get the car out of Florida before hurricane Irma hits.

The actual facts got burried in all of his bitching and tears, I missed the location.

dodgestang
09-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Wow. I only cried a little bit I'll have you know.....

Fly in/drive home would cost me over 4k in lost income and expenses.
I have told the shipping company I was willing to pay premium but they still can't seem to get it on a truck. Everything has just turned to shit in that whole state.

TP_ GTS
09-06-2017, 04:07 PM
I live in the Tampa area. If you decide to fly in and drive, I have no problem picking you up from the airport. Will also offer a place to rest your head for the evening if needed.
Fuel is becoming scarce around here with everyone preparing and or leaving, so be sure to it has a full tank of gas. Probably is empty if it was prepped to be shipped.

dodgestang
09-06-2017, 04:10 PM
I live in the Tampa area. If you decide to fly in and drive, I have no problem picking you up from the airport. Will also offer a place to rest your head for the evening if needed.
Fuel is becoming scarce around here with everyone preparing and or leaving, so be sure to it has a full tank of gas. Probably is empty if it was prepped to be shipped.

Thanks for the offer. I've already talked to the former owner he is going to keep it safe and tucked away for me until the shipper ultimately gets there. There is still a couple days left that they could come through for me...but I have already resigned to having to both wait and worry for a couple weeks at this point to get the storm past, clean up started, and things to start getting back to normal in the tampa area before a shipper will pick it up

TP_ GTS
09-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the offer. I've already talked to the former owner he is going to keep it safe and tucked away for me until the shipper ultimately gets there. There is still a couple days left that they could come through for me...but I have already resigned to having to both wait and worry for a couple weeks at this point to get the storm past, clean up started, and things to start getting back to normal in the tampa area before a shipper will pick it up

No problem..... Sounds like a plan.

dodgestang
09-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Looks like I might catch a break here. Transport said they can/will pick up today.

FrankBarba
09-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Sorry I was unable to help you out do to obligations.

Mopar'er no car
09-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Wow. I only cried a little bit I'll have you know.....

Fly in/drive home would cost me over 4k in lost income and expenses.
I have told the shipping company I was willing to pay premium but they still can't seem to get it on a truck. Everything has just turned to shit in that whole state.

Shipping has to be around 2k, no? A few more Gs on top of a 50k -/+ purchase would surely be worth it to me. Hell, 5k would be worth it to keep MY mind at ease..

FrankBarba
09-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Would you like me to find someplace to store your Viper until transport can be found?
Might be able to find on West Coast of FLA. I'm sure the previous owner will work with you

LightningKray
09-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Shipping has to be around 2k, no? A few more Gs on top of a 100k -/+ purchase would surely be worth it to me. Hell, 5k would be worth it to keep MY mind at ease..

Being in the Gen 2 forum I don't believe the purchase is even close to the $100k mark. Shipping should run in the neighborhood of $1000 if open transport is used.

Mopar'er no car
09-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Being in the Gen 2 forum I don't believe the purchase is even close to the $100k mark. Shipping should run in the neighborhood of $1000 if open transport is used.

My bad, sounded like another gen V problem. There, fixed it..

Open transport?!?!?! We aren't talking about a Mustang, David..

LightningKray
09-08-2017, 02:46 PM
My bad, sounded like another gen V problem. There, fixed it..

Open transport?!?!?! We aren't talking about a Mustang, David..

Lol, it wasn't a mustang that I shipped. $850 from El Paso to NE Ohio. Tucked behind cab, just a little diesel to clean off. No worse then following Chris's Ram to the Nats a couple of years ago.

Mbccenter
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Montway is just a broker. They get the $200 you paid up front and trucking company gets the rest. They are not good at all and don't waste your time with them. With there cheap rates you don't get good companies for $200 less yet.

dodgestang
09-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Shipping has to be around 2k, no? A few more Gs on top of a 50k -/+ purchase would surely be worth it to me. Hell, 5k would be worth it to keep MY mind at ease..

No, $700 all in on shipping. If shipped was 2k it would be cheaper for me to drive down and get it myself since that math worked out to $1400.

Steve-Indy
09-08-2017, 03:14 PM
There have been many stories through the years about brokers who handed Vipers over to sub-contractors...some of which ended in less than happy circumstances.

It isn't just about cost...it's VALUE !!

dodgestang
09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Would you like me to find someplace to store your Viper until transport can be found?
Might be able to find on West Coast of FLA. I'm sure the previous owner will work with you

Yeah the PO seems like a great guy. Managed to get the car picked up yesterday and should be here Sunday. I called the broker and told them I was willing to pay more....so my shipping went from $650 all in to $700 all in. Which I thought was funny....I expected it to just up several hundred....but at least I know it is out of harms way.

dodgestang
09-08-2017, 03:18 PM
There have been many stories through the years about brokers who handed Vipers over to sub-contractors...some of which ended in less than happy circumstances.

It isn't just about cost...it's VALUE !!

Yeah there is always risk in any transport. I used Montway only because it was the company that had just shipped it from PA to FL a short time ago for the PO when he relocated to Tampa area so I figured they would be good enough. Emerald Auto Express Inc is the company that ultimately picked up the job

Mopar'er no car
09-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Ffffffffffff open transport?

dodgestang
09-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Ffffffffffff open transport?

Of course. That's the same way I would have transported it. It's a 21 yr old POS ;)

Plus beggars can't be choosers when you are in a hurry and want the car out of the path of a hurricane.

I drive the piss out of everything I own. A little rain won't hurt them even though I may keep them tucked away in rain normally (and snow/ice)....but when the sun is out, the fun cars are too.

dodgestang
09-08-2017, 07:33 PM
And the shipper called.....car will be here tomorrow evening....a day early!

Steve-Indy
09-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Well that should be a load off of your mind...Enjoy your new Viper !!

dodgestang
09-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Looks like I won the shipper lottery this time!

Not only did it take 2.5 days....it was an enclosed setup filled with a fully restored old vette, Ac cobra, VW bug and a Mercedes

dodgestang
09-09-2017, 08:26 PM
All tucked in. Tomorrow will be a fun day digging into it, getting to know it, washing it, tweaking things.....

Purple Haze
09-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Nice garage!!! Glad it's tucked in...and beautiful car!

mackzilla
09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Slow clap*

Glad it's home safe.

A12pilot
09-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Awesome! Enjoy it! I just freshened mine all up and love it. BTW....I'm restoring an S-Code 4spd 68 GT Fastback myself. Good taste in cars now that you have a "Dodge in the Garage!":very_drunk:

Cheers

Dave

dodgestang
09-14-2017, 04:05 PM
BTW....I'm restoring an S-Code 4spd 68 GT Fastback myself.

Dave

The red 'clone' on the left of the photo is a 68 GT S code 4 speed car originally. Has a 5 speed, 408w, 4 wheel disc, and a shelby 'look' to it now ;). Made a little over 400 RWHP on the dyno last year too ;).

dodgestang
09-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Freshly detailed!

Fatboy 18
09-15-2017, 02:23 AM
Nice Garage Dodgestang :dude3: