PDA

View Full Version : VOA Virginia Maryland members get together for lunch near Frederick MD

SnakeWatching
09-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Hello VOA Virginia/Maryland members,

I am gathering interest for anyone in the Frederick MD and northern VA area who are interested in getting together for a VOA lunch "Meet and Greet" on a Sunday in the next few weeks.

Any interest, please post a reply or PM SnakeWatching or email SnakeWatching at ViperUltimaEvolution@gmail.com

Thanks.

If I get good interest in the event, VOA will make it happen for us and I can solidify the details.

SnakeWatching

TriJim
09-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Interested from SouthCentral PA - just across MD border. Need more Viper driving before the wet, cold, and then white stuff starts falling.

P.S. - I've got an '01 Prowler, too! Need to get her out as well.

idinesen
09-07-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm in - look forward to meeting more Viper (and general MOPAR) drivers in the greater DC area.

Cheers-

Ian

SnakeWatching
09-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Looking forward to meeting other Viper owners as well.

If anyone has a Gen 1/2 and needs their Outer Stanchion weatherstrip replaced, they can see my test weatherstrip in person.

SnakeWatching
09-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Here are the Details for event:

Lunch event:

Date: Sunday Sept. 24th (Rain Date: Oct. 1st)

When: 11 am (food around noon)

What: VOA lunch get together

Where: Valley Sports Grill at
Richland Golf Club
50 Glenbrook Drive
Middletown, MD 21769
http://richlandgolfclub.com/
Food Menu:
http://richlandgolfclub.com/valley-sports-grill/

Note: We will have our own parking section in Club parking lot. Reasonable food provided by VOA. Alcohol is available (but not provided by VOA).

Please let us know if you are planning to attend.
Questions? you can email SnakeWatching at ViperUltimaEvolution@gmail.com

GenIIIDave
09-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Is there a cruise involved also or just meet for lunch?

SnakeWatching
09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Is there a cruise involved also or just meet for lunch?

Yes, cruise added to event, just trying to figure best, most scenic route.

GenIIIDave
09-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Yes, cruise added to event, just trying to figure best, most scenic route.

Do you know when you will have the details of the cruise? I would be coming from Harrisburg Pa area, so about 1.5 hours. Need to know how many tanks of gas I will need to buy that day. ;-)

SnakeWatching
09-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Do you know when you will have the details of the cruise? I would be coming from Harrisburg Pa area, so about 1.5 hours. Need to know how many tanks of gas I will need to buy that day. ;-)

Ha, its all down hill from there, you could roll all the way. Harrisburg, one of my favorite Drum shops >>> "Dales Drum Shop"

Trying to get groups from the north of us and the south of us for a cruise could get tricky, don't want to stress one group too far. Should have details soon, pm me if you have ideas.

SnakeWatching
09-19-2017, 10:01 AM
UPDATE:

After lunch, all cars will leave the lot for a car cruise. We'll drive to the Washington Monument State Park to see the first monument created in memory of George Washington then onto a cruise of the scenic base of the South Mountain chain.

The weather looks absolutely perfect for a drive this Sunday, please RSVP if you are planning to attend, not many days left.

SatinBlueG3
09-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Is this VOA member only?

SmoknTires
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Typically events are VOA member only, but because this region is going through a rebuilding (past president relocated and left suddenly) it's an open call to all owners. Future events will have to be member only - mainly due to insurance - but also because those people doing those events need some support to fund and manage the activities.

FYI - If someone joins in Oct, they get the last quarter for free along with the next year. If you join before that, since we're so close, we can do the same. We usually take those who joined just before Oct and give them a break so they get the next full year rather than a partial.

Thanks Cliff for your time and good coordination on this. While Viper people simply being in the same place usually leads to enough fun, having good things to do as a group makes a difference. Volunteers mean the world!

Have fun this weekend everyone, looks like the weather will be great.

SatinBlueG3
09-21-2017, 08:00 AM
Cliff,

How many are coming this Sunday?

SnakeWatching
09-21-2017, 09:47 AM
5 cars so far, 7+ people

ANY last minute questions/changes please email me ViperUltimaEvolution@gmail.com

Herrsss
09-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Many thanks to you Cliff for taking point on organizing this get together for your region!

SnakeWatching
09-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Many thanks to you Cliff for taking point on organizing this get together for your region!

Beth, you and Alex have been great in assisting me, would have been difficult without your help.

SnakeWatching
09-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Weather is still great (and dry) for this Sunday VOA Lunch and Cruise to the Washington Monument State Park.

Any last minute joiners???? email me ViperUltimaEvolution@gmail.com

The food is great at the Valley Sports Grill, Sunday is their Football day so after 3pm it will be crowded (we will be driving by then).

Snakewatching

SnakeWatching
09-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Here is where we will have our VOA Lunch. We can eat inside or out on the terrace looking at the water.

And the best part.... Chicken Wings are half price on Sundays :dancingman:

Bryan Savage
09-23-2017, 08:20 PM
I'll be there!!!

SnakeWatching
09-23-2017, 08:55 PM
I'll be there!!!

Bryan, We should have a prize for the Viper that has the longest drive to get to this event. You would win Hands Down!!!

SnakeWatching
09-24-2017, 07:43 AM
5 cars so far, 7+ people

ANY last minute questions/changes please email me ViperUltimaEvolution@gmail.com

Now 7 cars, 9+ people

idinesen
09-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Great event, Cliff - really appreciate you taking lead to get this going. Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

SnakeWatching
09-24-2017, 05:49 PM
That was really fun. Great food, great company, perfect driving.
9 Vipers and a Prowler:

SnakeWatching
09-24-2017, 08:48 PM
Snake Trail

SnakeWatching
09-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Great Group (we are all happy after being fed)

01sapphirebob
09-25-2017, 07:23 AM
Looks like it was a great time!

SnakeWatching
09-25-2017, 10:43 AM
Looks like it was a great time!

It really was. I went there not knowing anyone (other than emails) and when I left the event, I truly felt like I made new friends with ALL attendees.

SnakeWatching
09-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Best photo of the day was Bryan pres of VOA PA/WV doing a selfie at the top of the Monument. He kept the cruise portion of the event safe and organized.

SatinBlueG3
09-25-2017, 07:48 PM
A lot of fun! Lets do it again soon.