PDA

View Full Version : Tires

Wagnut ACR
09-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Any suggestions on where to take Viper to get new tires installed? 2017 ACR-E. I have the tires already. Local Dodge dealer doesn't have a machine large enough to handle even the fronts. I'm closer to Knoxville than anything. Was thinking the Porsche or Maserati dealers could do it if their willing. Not comfortable with the local tire shops. Thanks everyone.

outnumbered
09-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Find a place that has a touch-less machine. I just had this done here in Charlotte, and trust me, the difference between that type of equipment and the standard mounting machines is "night and day". If the guy doing the work has to use a pry bar of any sort--run.

Wagnut ACR
09-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Thanks. That's why I was thinking one of the high end dealers. They would have proper equipment and an understanding of expensive cars and their owners. Kind of a PIA to go 80 miles to get tires put in but better than wheel damage.

dodgefever
09-03-2017, 09:32 AM
I had the same problem when I just got new tires for my GTS. I had an idea to check out some of the custom wheel shops and that worked! Those guys handle rims bigger and wider than ours. They sell rims that are over $7,000 a set so I knew they would be careful. The local shop I used was RNR wheels. There isn't one near you but almost any of the national retailers that sell only rims and tires should help.

uvbnbit
09-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Matt at Speedwerks is well known in the area. I'm assuming they do wheels/tires too. Equipment is one thing, but the tech doing install is more important.
I've mounted plenty of "higher-end" combos, and you just have to be careful, not rush it. I have also repaired wheels that were damaged by even the most expensive tire changers. Sh!t happens.
Agree, a specialty shop be your best bet