PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Coastal Virginia Auto Show

CarolinaViper
08-30-2017, 06:53 PM
The Northeast / Outer Banks Zone of the VOA of the Carolinas is involved with the 3rd Annual Coastal Virginia Auto Show. Tom and Rich have received numerous replies from our region members showing an interest in attending. Based on the telephone calls they have received, the event coordinator indicated if we could have 10 Vipers registered by early September, we could have our own separate Viper category with a Best of Show, 1st, and 2nd place trophies....not the kind of trophies I have been given out, but rather those of higher quality.

To help incentivize this event, the region will reimburse $25.00 to the first 10 members who register and pay the $50.00 registration fee.

Also, for everyone who registers, they will receive a free t-shirt and a goody bag. We need to register as soon as we can, so Tom and Rich can make plans for placing our Vipers indoors. If we get 10 or 50 Vipers to register, all Vipers will be indoors and showed together. The event coordinator needs to know as soon as possible how many Vipers will be attending, so they can make arrangement for additional indoor space if needed.

Details of show: Load in is between 9AM and 10PM Friday November 17. There will be 24 hour security provided. For safety and insurance reasons all cars must have less than 1/4 tank of gas when in the show. Battery must be disconnected in the show. Awards and trophies handed out Sunday with removal of vehicle from the event around 6PM Sunday.

If we can get enough people to come, Tom said he would reserve a section of the restaurant attached to the hotel (https://www.maxandermas.com/) for a club dinner Saturday Night. Check out the menu, it looks pretty good.

If enough people sign up, Tom will provide his commuter vehicle (Nissan Sentra) for anybody wanting to drive around and be a tourist at the ocean front.

Event Information:

Date: 17 November 9am - 10pm for load time of your Viper
Date: 18 - 19 November 2017 for the Actual Event

Links to the Event:

www.facebook.com/cvautoshow/
www.cvautoshow.com

Tom's Contact Information:

Dodgefever on the VOA site
Email Address: moyock4@hotmail.com

Tom & Rich thanks for coordinating this with the region, hopefully we will have a great turnout. For those that are interested or definitely going let us know via email or on the thread with a head count for restaurant reservations.

Thx

Jeff B.

CarolinaViper
08-30-2017, 06:55 PM
For those attending please add your name and Viper(s) to the list.

Jeff & Donna B. - 2017 ACR
Tom & Diane M. - 1999 GTS
Larry & Tricia M. - 1993 RT-10 & 2016 SRT
Rick H. 2003 SRT

dodgefever
08-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Tom & Diane M- 1999 GTS

dodgefever
08-30-2017, 07:13 PM
The show has reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton Double Tree next door to the convention center for only $89 per night.

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-virginia-beach-ORFBNDT/index.html

By the way, Rick and I won't be part of the $25 reimbursement so that's 10 in addition to us that will be reimbursed.

snake handler
09-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Add me to your list!!
Rick H. 2003 SRT-10
No Reimbursement needed. Looking forward to having others joining us.

CarolinaViper
09-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Rick Thanks got you added We only need a few more to have our own trophy class.

Jeff & Donna B. - 2017 ACR
Tom & Diane M. - 1999 GTS
Larry & Tricia M. - 1993 RT-10 & 2016 SRT
Rick H. 2003 SRT

dodgefever
09-26-2017, 05:16 PM
UPDATE: I now have 9 Vipers signed up for this event! I am still lacking a Gen 4 for the display though. I am trying to get a 25th anniversary display set up so we can show the public the differences in the 5 Generations side by side. We will have all the Vipers entered together on the show floor.I will be placing the show info on the Virginia Forum tonight since it is in their state. Good news! the organizers have decided we have enough Vipers entered to qualify for a customized "Best of show" trophy as well as 1'st and 2'nd place trophies. Now we qualify for the big trophy and that is club participation. If you are still on the fence with this event, contact me and I'll give you more information.

CarolinaViper
09-27-2017, 05:29 PM
UPDATE: I now have 9 Vipers signed up for this event! I am still lacking a Gen 4 for the display though. I am trying to get a 25th anniversary display set up so we can show the public the differences in the 5 Generations side by side. We will have all the Vipers entered together on the show floor.I will be placing the show info on the Virginia Forum tonight since it is in their state. Good news! the organizers have decided we have enough Vipers entered to qualify for a customized "Best of show" trophy as well as 1'st and 2'nd place trophies. Now we qualify for the big trophy and that is club participation. If you are still on the fence with this event, contact me and I'll give you more information.

Tom,

That's great...hopefully either our region or the VA/MD region can come up with a couple Vipers, or at least a Gen IV.

FVNCViper
10-13-2017, 01:05 PM
We will not be able to attend as we are having a special celebration at our church that Sunday.

Sorry, two less Vipers.
Larry and Trish

dodgefever
10-14-2017, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=FVNCViper;322267]We will not be able to attend as we are having a special celebration at our church that Sunday.

Sorry, two less Vipers.
Larry and Trish[/That's OK, have a good time.

I am still in need of a Gen I Viper for the Viper Display. If anyone is interested, registration is still open. We are accepting any year Viper for the show.