PDA

View Full Version : Northern Arizona cruise Saturday Sept 2

Vprbite
08-28-2017, 02:18 AM
A couple poeple have approached me wanting to put together cruise to take advantage of thee slightly cooler temperatures so, who's in for an impromptu cruise north?

We are going to do a Northern Arizona Loop but to some places we really haven't done yet. Leave Phoenix, take the 60 out to Globe and up to Show Low through gorgeous Salt River Canyon, peel off west to Payson, then down the 87 returning to Phoenix. Enjoying some gorgeous central to Northern Arizona scenery. Also, temps should be nice and cool without being too cold up there yet. It's a goldilocks time of year! Saturday should avoid a lot of the out of towner traffic too compared to monday.

Leave Saturday morning, probably around 10 AM. Including lunch stop, we should have you home by 5 or 6.

Also, there is a way to shorten the route if people would like to come but are worried about too much seat time. So we can take a vote and see but for now, I think it's a pretty nice distance to stretch the viper legs a bit.

Post here if you are in, as we get a list I will decide on a meeting place that should work well for everyone.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on this very informal cruise

Vprbite
08-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Make sure to answer here not just in a text to me.

Also, any questions ask them here as well

LifeIsGood
08-28-2017, 04:43 PM
I doubt mine'll make the trip. Currently waiting on wheels to come back from Calchrome...

AZ Venom
08-28-2017, 06:08 PM
I doubt mine'll make the trip. Currently waiting on wheels to come back from Calchrome...

4 donuts baby! Make it happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Pete and Jen are in. Not sure if one car or two....probably just one.

AZ Venom
08-28-2017, 06:10 PM
And I have a wicked case of garage envy now too

Vprbite
08-28-2017, 10:07 PM
See if Pete will lend you some wheels and tires? ; )

LifeIsGood
08-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Wheels and tires...are you kidding me, he has the beginnings of a Rauh viper collection. He or maybe Jen could just loan us one of their extras. :dude3:

Vprbite
08-29-2017, 11:25 AM
True, maybe so.

It would be to have you along. This will be a gorgeous drivers cruise. Great scenery and great roads together with great friends

maeham
08-29-2017, 03:21 PM
I think the blue bitch may just come out of her summer sleep for this one!!!!

WhiteSnake
08-29-2017, 09:04 PM
Would join you old slowpokes but we are in Pgh, Pa and won't be back in Phx until 9/15. :-)
Barry

LeadfootRT10
08-29-2017, 09:09 PM
I've got an extra set of wheels and tires you can borrow. ;-)

I'll be working this weekend, so enjoy.

Vprbite
08-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Sounds good.

I'll look into some ideas for a meeting spot.

Vprbite
08-29-2017, 10:17 PM
Wheels and tires...are you kidding me, he has the beginnings of a Rauh viper collection. He or maybe Jen could just loan us one of their extras. :dude3:

Leadfoot can set you up.

Vprbite
08-29-2017, 10:18 PM
I think the blue bitch may just come out of her summer sleep for this one!!!!

Oh hell yeah.

You have to. She'll be so sad left at home alone

drewsss
08-30-2017, 12:00 AM
I'm in.

We need some VRY representation, since Ken's machine is getting new shoes. :rolleyes:

Vprbite
08-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Andrew is in too. Gonna be a good run.

Rocket
08-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Count me in! Were you able to send out an email to the group as I don't think I saw anything?

SmoknTires
08-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, may be a good idea to have the region send an email so that members who don't read forums, or perhaps won't see the thread, are aware.

AZ Venom
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Ken, you are welcome to borrow the Gen 4 convertible if you want. Just say yea or nay.

AZ Venom
08-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Hey everybody, since we're heading East to Globe to start let's meet at the intersection of I-60 and Idaho Road. There's a Chevron station northeast corner with plenty of parking, gas and restrooms. Lets meet at 9A so we can get ahead of the heat. That should put us in Show Low right around noon for lunch, except for Jennifer...she'll be there sooner than the rest of us probably....

LifeIsGood
08-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Ken, you are welcome to borrow the Gen 4 convertible if you want. Just say yea or nay.

You're too kind. It's great that we have so many giving members. Kristine and I have guests coming in on Saturday so we won't need to borrow it. I probably shouldn't be behind the wheel with that much horsepower anyway. My piddly 450 or so is plenty for me. Thanks for the offer Pete.

AZ Venom
08-30-2017, 10:10 PM
catch you guys next time then, will miss you.

Vprbite
08-31-2017, 12:06 AM
What an impressive group of people that there was not one but two offers of borrowed vipers.

I'll post it on the facebook page.

I would send out an email but I don't have access to the email list. So be sure to reach out via text and give people a nudge if they aren't in the forums much. Definitely RSVP here though so we know who is going.

I will have a write up for you and can hand it out or give it to you information here. But lunch place in Sho Low is expecting us. Other than that it's just a couple gas stops and some vista points.

Looking forward to it,

682nv
08-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Kris and I are out of town too. Looks fun though.

Vprbite
08-31-2017, 07:53 PM
I have an itinerary for the trip and a few notes, I will PM it to you as I feel there is no need to let the entire world know where we are going and when. If for some reason I forget to PM you, get my attention here or call me. Perhaps include your number in your PM to make sure I have it.

Thanks all. Looking forward to it.

ViperMike85
09-01-2017, 05:26 AM
Hi guys, I'm brand new to this forum and just bought my first Viper here in Az. Only driven it 40 miles and still waiting on plates otherwise I'd love to join. Looking forward to future cruises and can't wait to start driving once the weather cools off.

LifeIsGood
09-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Welcome Mike. Send Jeff (Vprbite) a PM (Private Message) with your contact info. I'm sure you'll be welcome to join the cruise.

Vprbite
09-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Mike, PM sent wih itinerary. This is an unofficial cruise anyway so it's pretty informal.

Don't you have temporary plates? If not, go online and print out a temporary/3 day plate

Hope to see you there

Rocket
09-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Pete probably has an extra plate lying around as well!!! :smilielol:

Don't you have temporary plates? If not, go online and print out a temporary/3 day plate

Vprbite
09-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Run without one and stay in the middle of the group, just run

Rocket
09-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Whoa .... just looked at the itin .... that's some serious seat time! I looked at that route a while ago and also considered 188 towards Roosevelt and then up to Payson - but not quite sure how 188 is to travel?

Vprbite
09-01-2017, 01:29 PM
If if were going back to Tucson I would take the 188. It's a nice drive. But you wouldn't go to show low then. I had planned that as a contingency if we had a lot of old timers with us.

But it's broken up into sections and breaks. Longest section should be globe to show low.

In terms of driving, it isn't much longer than a Sedona trip. From globe looping back to Phoenix it's about 5 hours. About three hour and a half sections. But that's in my truck. We may do it faster.

ViperMike85
09-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Well the plate is not as big a concern as the tires. She has the original Michelins from 2005. I'll be getting new tires in a few weeks and I'll be ready to go next time around.

LifeIsGood
09-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Good call. No spirited driving allowed on hockey pucks.

Vprbite
09-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Well the plate is not as big a concern as the tires. She has the original Michelins from 2005. I'll be getting new tires in a few weeks and I'll be ready to go next time around.

Jon at parsrack got me tires in less than 2 days, for future reference

- - - Updated - - -

Good call. No spirited driving allowed on hockey pucks.

Unintentional drifting is no fun.

drewsss
09-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Hey everybody, since we're heading East to Globe to start let's meet at the intersection of I-60 and Idaho Road. There's a Chevron station northeast corner with plenty of parking, gas and restrooms. Lets meet at 9A so we can get ahead of the heat. That should put us in Show Low right around noon for lunch, except for Jennifer...she'll be there sooner than the rest of us probably....

What time is everyone meeting at the station?

Rocket
09-01-2017, 10:09 PM
9am unless you want to grab some breakfast at the waffle house in the same parking lot.

drewsss
09-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Great run today!

Even greater that we all lived to tell about it :t89186:

Jeff - thanks again for setting this up!

AZ Venom
09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Jeff, thanks for your work setting this run up. Jen and I had a great time. Was good to see everyone and blow a little carbon off. Fun route!