PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys New here

nomorevtec
08-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to say hi to all of you. Just was wondering if there are any upcoming cruises anyone is doing. I live in welland ontario, so if anyone want's to go for a cruise or track day at tmp let me know
Thnaks

nomorevtec
08-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Forgot to mention i have a 2000 black GTS and had a honda s2000 i tracked for about 6yrs and cant wait to track this beast. Would love to do track days with locals

00GTS
08-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Burlington here. Just started tracking my GTS last year and the last couple times my buddy brought his S2000. Fun duels!

nomorevtec
08-21-2017, 03:22 PM
cool, if you want ill let you know when im going to the track next year. It would be fun to go with another viper. Did you do anything to your car and how was it at the track especially with no abs. I nervous with no abs.

00GTS
08-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Only other mods on the car other than what's listed in my signature are IPSCO sway bar mounts and a oil catch can. Installed the catch can this past week because I was getting some oil burning after hard braking on the straights at the track. Apparently a common problem. Haven't tried it installed yet.

Was an absolute blast at the track. Most fun I've ever had driving. It's a handful for sure. The brakes are the weak point. Looking to change to track oriented pads soon. Running Hawk HPS right now and they fade after 4-5 laps. Not a nice feeling! Maybe a Gen III caliper/rotor upgrade in the future.

Never had an issue not having ABS. Make sure you have good rubber on the car. The Viper Club - Ontario does a couple driving events each year (Cayuga and Mosport). The Cayuga day is included in the membership fee. Mosport day is even better.

Boosted Motorsports
08-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Forgot to mention i have a 2000 black GTS and had a honda s2000 i tracked for about 6yrs and cant wait to track this beast. Would love to do track days with locals

My grandparents live in Welland and I used to have a 600whp S2000 that I tracked all the time. If you were big in the S2000 scene you probably know my car. I'm from the Durham region but now living in Huntington Beach, CA. :D

10PISTNZ
08-22-2017, 11:28 AM

Is it common to a Viper from a S2000?
Me on the DDT track circa 2008

nomorevtec
08-22-2017, 11:36 AM
00GTS Nice good clean mods. I hope ill see you at the track next year. I have nitto comp tires in rear and nittos on the front on oz racing wheels. Super sticky tires. I thought the 2000 gts had the better oil pan or is the burning issue a different thing. I think im going to go with some stop tech and hp+ pads. It worked awesome on my s2k. I think i might become a member, it seems pretty cool here.

Boosted: I dont think i saw your s2k but i bet it was awesome and awesome to here coming. What colour was it?
I thought i was going to miss the high rpm sound but i love the v10 rumble and i totally forgot about my s2k haha still love those cars though

- - - Updated - - -

Nice s2k, Love that colour. It's rare

00GTS
08-22-2017, 12:02 PM
The 2000 has the larger capacity oil pan. Burning is from oil sloshing forward under heavy braking and being drawn up through the CCV valve (under the intake runners) and into the intakes. I was getting some detonation (sounded like valve train noise) when the burning was occurring. Don't want that happening again. Supposedly it's a fairly common issue.

Are you running NT-01s? My tires will be replaced next spring and I've been strongly considering the Nittos. The other option is to change to a 18/19 setup and increase my rear rubber options.

nomorevtec
08-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the fyi on the oil issue. I think ill get the oil catch can also. Ya im running the nt-01's There awesome. There so sticky, i was having a hard time doing a donut haha. My old tires, i would just tap the gas and they would brake loose. actually you have more tire options if you stick with the 18's. The wheels i bought they use in the viper cup racing. They even put them on the gen 3 and change the rear calipers to fit.