PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Mark Jorgensen and 98intrigue Ryan

serpent
08-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Installed the MCS Coilovers (stage 1). And wow what a difference in comfort!
I have the base suspension which admittedly isn't as bad as my solid axle mustang on Coilovers were.

Car feels planted and a lot more comfortable. I plan to attend track days so adjusting the rebound is a plus. I still need to make final tweaks on the ride height, I was 1/8" lower in the front and the rear may have been dropped a little too low, but I'll be doing that maybe this weekend.

The other shout out was to Ryan (98intrigue). Brother and I couldn't figure out how to remove the rear suspension, Ryan has a guide in the forums on how to do it. What a tremendous help!

Thank you both, you guys are great for the community. I'm looking to join (VOA) soon, love my fucking car!!!!!

Arizona Vipers
08-16-2017, 01:47 PM
I run these too i love them. Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse helped me a lot spring selection etc. What spring rates did you go with? What frame height front and rear?

J TNT
08-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Mark is a great guy to deal with and has helped me out in making my stock mediocre suspension much better and achieve Higher corner speeds .

stradman
08-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Marks da man!

Dr.Ron
08-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Way to go Mark.
How long did the job take you Serpent? Just curious.

Ron

serpent
08-16-2017, 03:39 PM
I run these too i love them. Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse helped me a lot spring selection etc. What spring rates did you go with? What frame height front and rear?
Mark was a tremendous help, even though I didnt buy these from him new (I bought them off a member here that only put 200 miles on it), Mark was prompt in answering my questions & concerns.
Concern: The rebound adjustment knob was stuck at first but after installing and driving car around for a couple of miles, the knob was able to turn again and adjust to Mark's recommendations 5-6 clicks front/ 7-8 clicks rear.

The springs are the standard 500/800.

We set up the front to be 4 1/8" measuring from the carbon splitter guard, stock is about 4 1/4".
The rears are around 5 1/4, im at work and used a basic ruler to measure.

I need to recheck tire pressures and be on flat level ground then remeasure. One things for sure is I can raise the back a little more. Also wish I could go lower in the front, but i risk scrubbing everywhere I go, even when driving slow from an angle.

serpent
08-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Way to go Mark.
How long did the job take you Serpent? Just curious.

Ron
Honestly, my brother and I are stubborn, it took the rears about 6 hours. We lost day light 4 hours in and we did not know how to release the super hard sway bar (it didnt need to be). I had to search and email/text people about how to do the removal. Thats where 98Intrigue's guide helped big time. Once we did the rears, I parked car in the garage and did it again the next day. This was our first time doing suspension on a viper.

2nd day was the fronts, took only 1.5 hours! What took a long time was figuring out the height we wanted. Each time required unmounting the wheel and jacking the car up.

Overall super happy and stoked, car rides smoother than stock and feels more planted. Adjusting rebound: rears take jacking the side and letting the wheel hang. The fronts can be done with the hood up.