PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Tail light High mount light question

MR_SRL
08-07-2017, 10:44 PM
Hey guys quick question. Picked up my car from getting lowering caps put on. When I arrived they were just finishing the alignment on the car, it was still on the rack and they had the breaks on, and I noticed my 3rd break light (the one with the logo on it) wasn't working.Got home, took it out, tested the wire, I'm getting power, but it seems the light is all one piece, can't open it to get to a bulb. I tried prying a bit and chipped a small piece off, so I stopped. The price online is $400!!! for a whole new one, thats damn near how much I paid for the caps install and alignment. Does anyone know if there is a bulb to get to, or do I have to spend $400

Wagnut ACR
08-08-2017, 06:52 AM
It's a one piece LED. No bulb to replace. If your up to it you can heat the unit to separate it and try to repair/replace the internals. I've done it on other lights with some success.

MR_SRL
08-08-2017, 07:19 AM
Thanks Wagnut, I figured that.

Special Ed
08-08-2017, 07:35 AM
How would THEY burnout a bulb doing an alignment? Really!

CarolinaViper
08-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Hey guys quick question. Picked up my car from getting lowering caps put on. When I arrived they were just finishing the alignment on the car, it was still on the rack and they had the breaks on, and I noticed my 3rd break light (the one with the logo on it) wasn't working. I feel they burnt it out while doing the alignment Got home, took it out, tested the wire, I'm getting power, but it seems the light is all one piece, can't open it to get to a bulb. I tried prying a bit and chipped a small piece off, so I stopped. The price online is $400!!! for a whole new one, thats damn near how much I paid for the caps install and alignment. Does anyone know if there is a bulb to get to, or do I have to spend $400

Depending on the year it may still be under warranty. Had my 2015 replaced a couple of months ago.

MR_SRL
08-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Yep Carolina, Roanoke is getting me a new one under warranty