PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS VIPER ROUNDUP October 19 to 22 2017

Herrsss
08-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Date: October 19 to 22, 2017
Host Hotel: La Torretta on Lake Conroe (same hotel as the last 2 years) at a special VOA rate of $149 (plus tax/resort fee)
600 La Torretta Boulevard, Montgomery, TX 77356
The link to make your reservations is https://aws.passkey.com/e/49307314

EVENT DETAILS:
• Thursday afternoon, October 19, 2017
o Meet and greet while the rollers turn (location tbd)
o Check into the hotel

• Friday, October 20, 2017
o Texas World Speedway, outside of College Station. TWS is closing down forever at the end of 2017 to be turned into. . . gasp . . . a subdivision! Why is this important you? Because we’re renting it for the whole day with separate run groups and instructors for those who have never been on a track before. It will be managed by the World Racing League (WRL) and run exactly like a performance driving event. Beginners will have full time instructors to teach how to better control these monsters and advanced drivers will have point by per driver's meeting. Lunch is included - we have an award winning food truck coming out to the track for lunch – yum!
o But wait, there’s more! After the track goes cold we’ll have some old school arm drop drags for ya’ll to see who’s the fastest!!!
o After we're done we'll stop by a restaurant near the hotel for dinner (included).
o Of course no Texas region event would be complete without our evening "business meetings"!

• Saturday, October 21, 2017
o Sam Houston National Forest cruise
o How about a 4 hour MEGA-CRUISE-ORAMA?? Andy Wheeler and Jerry Robinson are planning an amazing route for our “spirited cruise”! We’ll end at Pappas on the Lake for a casual lunch which is now included!
o FCA & Viper Team panel discussion. We have special guests flying down from FCA and Prefix in Detroit to join us for a panel discussion about motors, maintenance issues and stories about the Viper from the beginning! Be ready to ask all your detailed questions, these people will know the answers!
-->We’ll cap off the day with a banquet (included) Saturday evening with raffle prizes!

• Sunday, October 22, 2017
o Optional cruise after breakfast or perhaps you just want to hang out and relax before heading home.
The cost for all of this is $175 per person payable in advance via Houston VOA Paypal account. To avoid any fees, send money as family and friends to president@houstonviperclub.com. We will be sending out a registration form that we’ll need to help sort the run groups out.

Here is a link for the event registration: https://form.jotform.us/72134787602155

Many thanks to our generous sponsors for this event!

• Mark & Laurie Boyer, Boyer Inc.
• Edgar & Flor Alvarez, TRT
• John & Shannon Hardin, Innerspace Construction Inc.
• John Gastman, Roanoke Motor
• Slim & Nancy Luttrell, Chuda Resources
• Scott & Janet Holmes, Tomball Bowl

Herrsss
08-21-2017, 11:01 AM
This just in!!!! Ben Keating has generously offered to bring out his Daytona winning GT3-R for thrill rides at Texas World Speedway on Friday October 20th!!

Toxic
09-02-2017, 11:54 AM
This just in!!!! Ben Keating has generously offered to bring out his Daytona winning GT3-R for thrill rides at Texas World Speedway on Friday October 20th!!

I'm hearing TWS is shut down for good and going to be used as storage for Harvey flooded cars. I'm sure you did too?

FLATOUT
09-02-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm hearing TWS is shut down for good and going to be used as storage for Harvey flooded cars. I'm sure you did too?

Ugh, yes we did. Working on something now:(

Toxic
09-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Andy, I'm sure it's a poorly kept secret that my new car arrived right after Harvey. Let me know if you need any help with the Round up. I plan to attend.

ViperDC
09-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Andy, I'm sure it's a poorly kept secret that my new car arrived right after Harvey. Let me know if you need any help with the Round up. I plan to attend.

Is your car OK?

Toxic
09-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Yes. It was the first car delivered from CAAP after the storm last Friday.

FLATOUT
09-05-2017, 06:18 AM

Congrats BTW ;)

Toxic
09-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Congrats BTW ;)

Can't help but notice the exponential difference in post count......

Herrsss
09-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Yes. It was the first car delivered from CAAP after the storm last Friday.

Welcome to the super secret group :smilielol:

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news folks - we've had to cancel this year's Texas Viper Round Up because there are absolutely no other alternative tracks available with this short notice. Bummer but we'll try again next year!