PDA

View Full Version : which tool for a OEM splitter blade replacement

SOberman001
08-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Gents
I recently installed a TA2 style OEM splitter and notice that the fasteners are a security type star bit to remove the plastic replacement blade from the CF. I tried some of the bits I have but nothing fit. Anyone know which specific bits take these blades off.

Thanks

Scott

ViperGeorge
08-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Harbor Frieght sells a security bit kit. Pretty cheap. It may have the bit you need. It had the bit for my ACR's wing.

PkB2014
08-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Gents
I recently installed a TA2 style OEM splitter and notice that the fasteners are a security type star bit to remove the plastic replacement blade from the CF. I tried some of the bits I have but nothing fit. Anyone know which specific bits take these blades off.

Thanks

Scott

Security Torx

SOberman001
08-02-2017, 12:20 PM
thanks. I have a set of bits that look like they should fit, but don't. I ordered another set.

killer 33
08-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Harbor Frieght sells a security bit kit. Pretty cheap. It may have the bit you need. It had the bit for my ACR's wing.

Will this tool work for tightening the wing? I hear some squeaking back there.

Arizona Vipers
08-02-2017, 09:07 PM

This kit will- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ViperGeorge
08-02-2017, 11:49 PM

Yes. Security Torq bit. The nut side is a penta bit which is only available from the nut manufacturer. You don't need the penta bit though to tighten the wing.

killer 33
08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Yes. Security Torq bit. The nut side is a penta bit which is only available from the nut manufacturer. You don't need the penta bit though to tighten the wing.

Perfect. Thank you.

SOberman001
08-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Do you guys know if the nut fastener is locked in place if you remove the torx bolt? I do not want to take the whole bumper off to remove the CF section just to replace the blade. I was hoping this could all be done externally which is why they use a security style torx screw.

SOberman001
08-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Do you guys know if the nut fastener is locked in place if you remove the torx bolt? I do not want to take the whole bumper off to remove the CF section just to replace the blade. I was hoping this could all be done externally which is why they use a security style torx screw.

Anyone know the trivia on this one before I remove the screw and find out the nut goes bouncing inside the splitter, and I have to remove the bumper?

Viperini
08-07-2017, 04:44 PM
I was just trying to do this myself. The first bolt closest to the wheel came out fine but a bit rusty looking. The next one only made it out 1/4 inch then stopped. The bolt would still turn but not move. The next bolt I tried would just turn freely but with no movement. I then looked into removing the splitter to get at the bolts from the other side. From what I understand that would mean removing the bumper cover followed by drilling out the four pop rivets holding the splitter to the cover. I am not sure I want to try that yet. Hope you have better luck then I did.