PDA

View Full Version : Florida Viper Gathering September 30th in St AUGUSTINE

ViperRT98
08-01-2017, 06:53 PM
September 2017 Florida Viper gathering

We are planning a gathering for all Viper owners.... We have been unsucessuful in trying to post this gathering on VOA central Florida Facebook page, so we have decided to post it here... Depending on how many may attend will depend on group rates at local hotels.

If we do not have enough confirmed each person would need to pick their own hotels they want go stay the night....

We plan on meeting at the Orland Eye on International drive at 10 am on the top floor of the parking garage and the group will head to St. Augustine by 10:30...

Once we get to St. Augustine we will eat lunch and than head to the fort for a tour and or you may make your own tour at any of their attractions they have... We plan to eat Dinner around 7pm and after words we will due a nice Viper cruise before going back to the hotels or home depending on what you want to do....

This is a great way to get the group of owners together and have fun and let our spouses enjoy the day that they can also enjoy since they will hear Viper talk all day...

If your wanting to go please let me know...

Steven

DEMO MAN
08-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Jodie and I plan to be there. There are a few B&Bs in St Augustine that would be cool places to stay if anyone wants something different than the normal run of the mill chain hotel/motel. Check out www.westcotthouse.com and www.bayfrontmarinhouse.com beside it. These places are kind of like our cars, a little unique and different. They are also within walking distance of about everything in St Augustine.

Bill Pemberton
08-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Demo Man is spot on!!!! Bayfront Marin House is beyond stellar and they have a killer afternoon wine/beer/hors de voures hour +. Check out the little cottages they have over on Vilano Beach , which give you the same perks of breakfast and the afternoon social. Plus you get a parking pass over in their parking area , which makes it easy to go downtown. St. Augustine is one of my favorite towns in the US and Demo knows where to go to eat , sleep and parrr- Tayy!! Wish I was closer, I would drive down there to stay at the Bayfront Marin House!!!

DEMO MAN
08-04-2017, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Bill Pemberton;311005]Demo Man is spot on!!!! Bayfront Marin House is beyond stellar and they have a killer afternoon wine/beer/hors de voures hour +. Check out the little cottages they have over on Vilano Beach , which give you the same perks of breakfast and the afternoon social. Plus you get a parking pass over in their parking area , which makes it easy to go downtown. St. Augustine is one of my favorite towns in the US and Demo knows where to go to eat , sleep and parrr- Tayy!! Wish I was closer, I would drive down there to stay at the Bayfront Marin House!!![/QUOTE

You lived here at one time correct? Also if you did live here who convinced you to move to Nebraska? I do like St Augustine, really great place to spend a weekend and either of those B&Bs are great weekend getaways!

Bill Pemberton
08-04-2017, 04:05 PM
No, I was born in Tampa 60+ years ago. Dad was an Air Force Fighter Pilot so I moved all over the place. Love the history in St. Augustine and farther North in Amelia Island, but Nebraska is a place many are surprised when they visit ( not what they expect ). Frankly with 3 race tracks within 3 hours ( one is 45 minutes from my house) , I can get out and exercise my machines quite easily and there are big benefits in that --- at least in my mind, ha.

mxmike27
09-24-2017, 06:45 AM
Unfortunately we'll be in St Augustine on the 28th or 29th on our way back to Maine after picking up our new Viper in Jupiter. Otherwise we'd join you. Mike

ViperGTS
09-24-2017, 09:26 AM
The Cozy Inn is highly recommended for a stay - I stayed there 2 times last month and the rooms and stuff is/are amazing!
St.Augustine? Well, I was disappointed by the "Disney"-style change from 27 years ago (my last visit!)...everything looks terrible plastic and tourist trappy in town. The FORT is worth a visit!

Vipes
09-30-2017, 12:43 PM
How's it going? Lots of Vipers?

DEMO MAN
10-03-2017, 09:48 AM
How's it going? Lots of Vipers?

Eight of the die hard Viper crowd showed up in 5 Vipers. We struggled thru the rain and wind and had a great time despite the weather. Lots of people cancelled due to that. Met some new friends and had some great dinner conversations. We definitely will work on another get together in the future and hope the weather works out this time. This pic is from the Sunday brunch.

MAMBA FANGZZ
10-22-2018, 09:36 PM
I know this is an older thread, I have 5 local vipers in the St. Augustine area that I could get to show if you ever hold a Meetup here again. Just a a heads up.

ViperPete
10-23-2018, 11:47 AM
We need to do another lunch and go karting here in ocala sometime now that the weather is great. Ocala Grand prix for a few sessions and then go for a cruise to lunch. Makes for a great afternoon.

DEMO MAN
10-24-2018, 11:38 AM
I'm game Pete, set something up

VOI45
04-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Hey! I'm in St Augustine. Hate that I missed this (2017). Do you guys want to do another for this year? I'd love to meet up and hang out with you all.

VOI45
04-17-2019, 09:58 PM
I know this is an older thread, I have 5 local vipers in the St. Augustine area that I could get to show if you ever hold a Meetup here again. Just a a heads up.

Count me in, Mamba! I'm local to St Aug and just purchased my VOI9 about a week ago. Would love to do some meet ups.

LATAMUD
04-18-2019, 03:08 AM
Central Florida is doing a gathering soon.

VIPERRT98 Steven Jeffers (facebook) is organizing it

************** April 27, 2019 *************

*****We moved this event from VCA event to a Viper Event.... We want Owners to participate not a club sponsored event.... Please add anyone that wants to attend this gathering..... Once a year event.... Dont miss it.... *******

We had to reschedule the Central Florida Owners gathering set for March 16th... We are pleased to give an official date now April 27th..

We have secured our preferred dinner location thanks to the hard work and dedication that Nick Therien did to bring the Snakes back to Ace Cafa in Orlando, Florida...

Last year we had an amazing 33 Vipers that showed up and this year we will make it bigger and better.....

Time : 1130 am
Location: Old Town in Kissimmee.. We will meet for a quick snack aka Ice Cream or other treats you wish to buy...

Leaving Old Town at 12:30 on the dot... We will take a unique ride through Kissimmee all the way to the afternoon events in Orlando, Florida....

Event 1 Top Golf.... This location will offer food and drinks....

Event 2 Indoor Go Kart Racing at Andretti's.... Food and Drinks also available....

Event 3 The escape house, an hour event that offers no food or drinks but is located on International drive...

Event 4 Orlando Eye.... This location offers food and drinks.... wax museum, an aquarium and also the Eye it self....

All 4 events are 5 to 10 minutes away from each other....

We will leave all Events at 4 pm... We will cruise Orlando on a spirited journey to the ACE Cafa where there is a car show event that will be only for Snake inspired cars... AC Cobras, Corba Mustangs, Mustang Shelbys and of course the Dodge Viper.....

We would like to have as many of us eating together so the time to eat will be planned the day of... We know some may want to eat on their own and that is understandable.... However if you want to eat with the group please let us know so we can plan accordingly...

Please keep in Mind if you wish to participate in Top Golf and or The Escape House you must prebook.... There could be other events that are taking place and space could be limited....
PLEASE let us know who is coming so we can plan dinner and make sure each person has an update if any times change.... But this is pretty much set in stone...

VOI45
04-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Need something local to St Aug again so I don't have to put too many miles on the car. Don't think I'd want to take a trip to Orlando in it (+400 miles). Hope you all have fun out there.