PDA

View Full Version : Front licence plate in Texas required

RandyM
07-27-2017, 06:42 PM
In Texas are license plates required to be on the front and back of the car?
I see most don't have one on the front?

Purple Haze
07-27-2017, 07:10 PM
This thread was started before. Rules are rules. Here in Ohio we are supposed to have one in the front but I never do and most people never get stopped especially on a special car...I would never do it looks bad.

AM.MSCL
07-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Currently Texas law does require Front and rear plates. The state gov was debating doing away with the front plate this last session but I never heard the result. It depends on the officer that pulls you over if they want to issue a warning or ticket. I know some that have gotten tickets.

ntw0rk
07-28-2017, 08:18 AM
I lived in Texas a few years ago when I had my Challenger. I bought it there, but luckily the dealer didn't put the front plate bracket on the car.
I got stopped once for not having the plate displayed. The officer was being passive aggressive asking me all kinds of stupid questions and trying to make it sound friendly. I wasn't having it...
But, he didn't ticket me. He did however indicate that putting it on the dash, or behind the passenger visor was not permissible, even though the law says, view able from the front of the car.

It's a $200 fine, if I remember correctly. So, I bought a Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket and just kept the plate under the seat. Figured I would just tell anyone that stopped me that I forgot to put it back on after going through the carwash... :D Unfortunately, they do not make one of those for the Viper.

V10Sidepipes
07-28-2017, 03:37 PM
....So, I bought a Sto-N-Sho license plate bracket and just kept the plate under the seat. Figured I would just tell anyone that stopped me that I forgot to put it back on after going through the carwash... :D Unfortunately, they do not make one of those for the Viper.

I have a Sto-N-Sho on the charger. Nice piece.

I have the PartsRack version on the viper. It's as close as I was able to find to the Sto-N-Sho types.

RandyM
08-06-2017, 05:04 PM
I went ahead and bought one of these:

http://www.viperpartsrack.com/front-license-plate-bracket?keyword=plate