PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth stoped working

Trainerdave
07-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Anyone else have problems with the Bluetooth not sensing the phone?, mine was fine until yesterday when I pressed the Bluetooth button in radio settings, now when I start the car it will show the white box in the screen saying loading hands free but will stay there.
When I hit the phone button it says there is no phone connected, it will let me in the settings for the Bluetooth to where you can add device/ and audio, but when I Press the button nothing happens.
I already disconnected the battery to try a reboot , did the holding on both the tune and volume button to reboot, and it still doesn't work.

Trainerdave
07-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Nobody has had this problem?

texasram
07-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Pull the fuse to the radio and wait a moment to replace

Jprince
07-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Have you tried going into settings on your phone and bring up bluetooth then go to the uconnect device and forget that device and then re sync

One Viper Bite
07-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Have you tried going into settings on your phone and bring up bluetooth then go to the uconnect device and forget that device and then re sync

Agreed. This happens with all Bluetooth devices sometimes. Just have your phone forget the device and then re-pair it.

labtec
07-18-2017, 03:50 PM
sometimes the Bluetooth radio in the phone gets turned off accidentally by an errant swipe or when battery gets too low. Typically you will see Bluetooth icon at top of phone if it is "on".

slowhatch
07-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Agreed. This happens with all Bluetooth devices sometimes. Just have your phone forget the device and then re-pair it.

I've had this issue resolved exactly as mentioned above. Just unpair and re-pair.

What irritates me is that the display chooses when it wants to display title/track information on the bluetooth streaming. Sometimes it plays while just stays blank, no song name, nothing. Other times it displays the song/track/title perfectly. Don't understand it.

One Viper Bite
07-18-2017, 11:39 PM
I've had this issue resolved exactly as mentioned above. Just unpair and re-pair.

What irritates me is that the display chooses when it wants to display title/track information on the bluetooth streaming. Sometimes it plays while just stays blank, no song name, nothing. Other times it displays the song/track/title perfectly. Don't understand it.

Noticed the same with my 2013. Haven't had time to use my 2017.

In my old car, I would just stick to using the USB interface. It was way more reliable.

Trainerdave
07-19-2017, 05:49 PM
sometimes the Bluetooth radio in the phone gets turned off accidentally by an errant swipe or when battery gets too low. Typically you will see Bluetooth icon at top of phone if it is "on".

I'm pretty sure it was an errant swipe on my part, I'll try what you guys suggested, it's going in for an oil change and an update on Monday, but it is driving me nuts, because I know I caused this.

Thanks again

slowhatch
07-19-2017, 11:21 PM
Noticed the same with my 2013. Haven't had time to use my 2017.

In my old car, I would just stick to using the USB interface. It was way more reliable.

I'm gonna try to update the software in the nav, if possible.

One Viper Bite
07-20-2017, 01:02 AM
I'm gonna try to update the software in the nav, if possible.

Def possible. Did it on my 2013 with a 4 GB USB thumb drive. It added Siri capabilities and a few other improvements.

Elganja
07-20-2017, 07:30 AM
i've found the viper's bluetooth HATES when you have a music app opened already, before it connects

on an unrelated note... I've noticed the subwoofer in the car, at times does not turn on and i have to recycle the ignition for it to turn on