PDA

View Full Version : Truckload of New Vettes scrapped?

SLViper
01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
I hear a full load of New Vettes were scrapped here in Gallatin TN. (about 40 minutes south of the Bowling Green KY assembly plant). What issue would possibly make this necessary? Why not disassemble for parts?

Viper Girl
01-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Moving to Fun and Games since these are not vehicles owned by OP.

SLViper
01-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Moving to Fun and Games since these are not vehicles owned by OP.

I was asking a serious question as to why this happened? It is not meant to be funny.

Viper Girl
01-31-2014, 07:22 PM
I didn't mean it to be funny, just didn't have a place to move it to that fit better.

Your other Rides would have been a choice, but since you don't own a Vette I had to move it here.

General is for

http://driveviper.com/forums/images/styles/Modern/statusicon_red/forum_new-48.pngGeneral (http://driveviper.com/forums/forums/8-General)(43 Viewing)
General discussion topics relating to Dodge/SRT Vipers

Newport Viper
01-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Troublemaker^

Ohiotj
02-01-2014, 07:00 AM
I think there needs to be a place called general off topic. I had to place my thread about Michael Schumacher in " fun and games" because there was not a better spot.

As for the scrapping of cars who knows what happened. That is crazy though. Does anyone remember when a freighter full of Japanese cars started to capsize off the coast? Not all the cars had damage but the manufacture scrapped every single one and didnt remove any parts from them. Even the lug nuts were documented and scrapped to avoid any potential of them getting onto a car and then putting liability on the manufacture should they fail.

01sapphirebob
02-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Not all the cars had damage but the manufacture scrapped every single one and didnt remove any parts from them. Even the lug nuts were documented and scrapped to avoid any potential of them getting onto a car and then putting liability on the manufacture should they fail.

This.

Sybil TF
02-01-2014, 08:44 AM
I was asking a serious question as to why this happened? It is not meant to be funny.
I thought it was funny, Corvette scrapping is a riot:lol2:

J TNT
02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Given that they're Mass produced , "There's more at the Store , if anybody wants one "........lol ! ;)

Mamba52
02-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Given that they're Mass produced , "There's more at the Store , if anybody wants one "........lol ! ;)

At what point is anything mass produced. So the Viper must be mass produced.

Mass Production involves making many copies of products, very quickly, using assembly line techniques to send partially complete products to workers who each work on an individual step, rather than having a worker work on a whole product from start to finish.

J TNT
02-02-2014, 04:04 PM
At what point is anything mass produced. So the Viper must be mass produced.

Mass Production involves making many copies of products, very quickly, using assembly line techniques to send partially complete products to workers who each work on an individual step, rather than having a worker work on a whole product from start to finish.
I take it you haven't been to Prefix yet , those who have been , see the difference . :)