PDA

View Full Version : What do you compare your Viper to, other cars only please

pokeyl
07-15-2017, 09:41 AM
My Son (age 27) has been driving sports cars manual trans his whole life. I review from him the first time he used the Viper for a 200 mile road trip.

1. 6th gear is unusable below 90 MPH
2. Brakes are outstanding; his current car is a supercharged 370z, carbotec X10 front and X8 rear on the NISMO brake package, it also stops quick
3. Power WOW
4. Steers super quick, his last car was an MR2 spyder

This seems to be the best of all other cars in one. I have never been in any exotic cars, is there more out there?

Taximan1
07-18-2017, 10:10 AM
My Son (age 27) has been driving sports cars manual trans his whole life. I review from him the first time he used the Viper for a 200 mile road trip.

1. 6th gear is unusable below 90 MPH
2. Brakes are outstanding; his current car is a supercharged 370z, carbotec X10 front and X8 rear on the NISMO brake package, it also stops quick
3. Power WOW
4. Steers super quick, his last car was an MR2 spyder

This seems to be the best of all other cars in one. I have never been in any exotic cars, is there more out there?

Interesting...

Side note. , about #1.... I've owned a lot of stock vipers. But recently purchased one (Gen4) with a 3:55 gear... HOLY COW... what a difference. No bucking in 1st, 6th gear useable. WAY stronger (seat feel) in 1-3rd gears.. would highly recommend that upgrade..

slowhatch
07-18-2017, 12:36 PM
3.55s are the only way to fly in a gen 3 & 4. Had them installed in both my old coupes, best mod I did on those cars.

Red venom
07-18-2017, 10:33 PM
What does a 3.55 gear swap run pricewise?

viper04blk
07-21-2017, 11:46 PM
I thought for sure this thread would have gotten moved to a different section.

I am not quite sure what the OP is after, but I think he wants to know what cars feel and act like a viper.

Here is my 0.02

The only other car that has a raw and exciting feeling like a viper that I have driven is a porsche 930 turbo. But considering their recent price spike............ Enjoy your viper