PDA

View Full Version : The Ring 2017

Dave292
07-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Any updates on the 2017 ACR at the "Ring"? Thought the last time I read an update the attempt to set the record was scheduled for July.

Fatboy 18
07-15-2017, 08:49 AM
I've been trying to find out too, I heard from a Swiss owner it was yesterday, but then the Ring was showing that as a Public practise day, so that rumor was not true, I have heard from some other people it could be Thursday Friday next week? I have even asked the ring direct and they are saying nothing either :-(

Dave292
07-15-2017, 10:29 AM
I find it interesting that on the Viper Forum, with so many members contributing to the effort, there is, as far as I know, no new information on the date. Is this just a secret?

Policy Limits
07-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Hope it's not because the lap times were so bad. Yikes. Haha.

Fatboy 18
07-15-2017, 12:02 PM
I find it interesting that on the Viper Forum, with so many members contributing to the effort, there is, as far as I know, no new information on the date. Is this just a secret?

Goes to show what they think of the Viper community! Happy to take money but no feedback for the fans!

GTSilver
07-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Guys today is the final day for taking any more contributions for the ring run. I think it'll be in the next few days as there won't be more contributions and I'm sure that Russ will update all of us. Also there is a dedicated FB page for the run that will be updated.

Yousif

Pappy
07-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Goes to show what they think of the Viper community! Happy to take money but no feedback for the fans!

I don't think that is really true. After watching GM being pressured for a Ring time for the C7 Z06 Corvette for 3 years, with years of testing, probable over-heating issues, one wrecked car, and no official time, I can see why the Viper effort would be close-hold until results can be released. Just hope they are good and the release is as classy as the 13-track record release in 2015! Sport Auto finally released a Z06 time and video - 7:13:9 - an okay time but not really that good considering improvements over the C6 Corvette (2011 ZR1 ran 7:19), better tire technology, and a somewhat improved track. However, if you have been watching the recent C7 ZR1 testing at the Ring (several videos on YouTube), that thing is a beast and will probably give the ACR a run for its money - big wing, improved cooling (probably at the expense of aero drag), and power reported to be well in excess of 700 HP.

Pappy

Brad00GTS
07-15-2017, 12:40 PM
I think they want to make a big deal of the results. I remember being at VOI 10 when they revealed the video of the last record run. Very exciting!

texasram
07-15-2017, 12:41 PM
You remind me of the customers i deal with at work and more so my wife with this type of comment

AZTVR
07-15-2017, 01:09 PM
I think that one issue is that these guys are probably more of the type that don't get on the forums and facebook and internet every day looking for information to consume. Therefore, they don't understand how "hungry" the audience is. They aren't entertainers like those in the news media who report every step and utterance. Plus, if they are in-country, they are probably busy !!!

Fatboy 18
07-15-2017, 01:12 PM
I don't think that is really true. After watching GM being pressured for a Ring time for the C7 Z06 Corvette for 3 years, with years of testing, probable over-heating issues, one wrecked car, and no official time, I can see why the Viper effort would be close-hold until results can be released. Just hope they are good and the release is as classy as the 13-track record release in 2015! Sport Auto finally released a Z06 time and video - 7:13:9 - an okay time but not really that good considering improvements over the C6 Corvette (2011 ZR1 ran 7:19), better tire technology, and a somewhat improved track. However, if you have been watching the recent C7 ZR1 testing at the Ring (several videos on YouTube), that thing is a beast and will probably give the ACR a run for its money - big wing, improved cooling (probably at the expense of aero drag), and power reported to be well in excess of 700 HP.

Pappy

As I earlier said, if this was an FCA thing I could understand the secrecy. But this is a Fan thing by people passionate about the car. Personally I have Zero interest in any other Dodge Product with 4 seats.

All we wanted to know was when it was likely to be run. Some people have paid 10K for a VIP trip to the ring to watch it, thats fine, Im sure they will be having nice hotels and dinners. The ring is a Big place with many areas where the public can spectate. A few of us wanted to drive over and watch this but we are being told sweet FA because we have not paid 10k. I had no wish to rub noses with the people working on the car and the 10k fans watching from the pits, we just wanted to spectate somewhere else around the circuit and say we saw the car on track. Nothing more
We would not even know what the lap time would be as its not broadcast around the ring.

Fatboy 18
07-15-2017, 01:16 PM
You remind me of the customers i deal with at work and more so my wife with this type of comment
Well mate, I'm a paid up member here and I have also contributed to the record attempt twice.

So i think that shows some dedication to the cause.
You have yourself a good day.

Dave292
07-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Guys today is the final day for taking any more contributions for the ring run. I think it'll be in the next few days as there won't be more contributions and I'm sure that Russ will update all of us. Also there is a dedicated FB page for the run that will be updated.

Yousif
I can only speak for myself but, I am not a Facebook fan or member. I contributed to the effort and all I expect is for someone involved with the project to keep me informed of the progress and dates. I am not seeing that happen. There seems to be a lot of speculation and little facts. I'm just disappointed at the way this is progressing.

ViperGTS
07-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Let's do it like the Brits from 'SmallBritain'.
Sit back and have a tea or two.
Wait till the result shows up.
+ or -.
Who knows!
Man up.27117That's how I do it till the time will be published... :-)

bigmacsmallfries
07-15-2017, 03:28 PM
What is there to report on? They're practicing and will practice more, and then try to beat the record when they've paid time to reserve the track. Sounds like it's this week coming up, no harm in that. Sure one or two posts wouldn't be too bad.

99RT10
07-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Let's do it like the Brits from 'SmallBritain'.
Sit back and have a tea or two.
Wait till the result shows up.
+ or -.
Who knows!
Man up.27117That's how I do it till the time will be published... :-)

You're spoiled with the great roads and the better bier :D

ViperGTS
07-15-2017, 03:51 PM
yes. :very_drunk:

TrackAire
07-15-2017, 11:23 PM
This was posted from the Official Press Release thread....if I'm reading it correctly J. Dophin will be sending out updates, etc via Facebook. Lets hope this is true as it would be very exciting to follow along. Appears he works for Prefix. See post #88
https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/18673-Official-Press-release-for-YOUR-2017-Ring-ACRs/page4

While at the Nurburgring, I will be shooting a lot of video and photos, sending regular updates, and posting on Facebook LIVE to show everyone some of the "Behind the scenes" stuff. Next week I will send out a notice as to how to make sure everyone who is interested has access to the posts. Everyone at PREFIX is very proud to be part of this effort.

Thanks
Jhan R. Dolphin
Director Sales & Marketing
PREFIX Corp

Snakebit10
07-16-2017, 06:11 AM
Yet another Dolphin and Viper combo. However, I like this one a lot better lol. Cant wait for the updates. Thanks for posting that info.

Purple Haze
07-16-2017, 07:56 AM
I would agree with this...

I think that one issue is that these guys are probably more of the type that don't get on the forums and facebook and internet every day looking for information to consume. Therefore, they don't understand how "hungry" the audience is. They aren't entertainers like those in the news media who report every step and utterance. Plus, if they are in-country, they are probably busy !!!

Policy Limits
07-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Can't wait to see the lap times. Even if the ring record isn't taken back I suspect the times will be respectable in the most epic snake ever made!

Russ Oasis
07-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Guys,
Don't think that those of us who have organized the effort don't care about everyone who has contributed and the entire Viper Nation. The reality is that SOME comments on the forums are SO off the mark that they can't be addressed. This has been an effort of gargantuan proportions and has taken a small army of people to cover all the details. It's pretty close to organizing one of the old, big, VOI's.
Yes, the time is near. We are not giving out specifics because we don't want a large crowd, (including those from other car companies who wish us bad luck), to interfere with what we need to do. You will get daily updates from Kumho Tire and Jhan Dolphin from Prefix. Those of us on the ground in Germany will also post videos through the Ring King Facebook page. We will post our fastest lap, no matter what the time is.
There are two different cars, both completely stock (with the addition of harnesses and a roll bar for safety). One will be driven by Dominik Farnbacher, holder of the previous Viper record at The Ring in 2011, and the other car is driven by Luca Stolz, holder of the pole position in last years 24 Hours of Nurburgring. Kumho has been our GREAT supporter by giving us all the tires we have needed and asked for, so that we have fresh tires for each attempt. They have also provided us with a PR firm that will help get the information out on a daily basis. Prefix has loaned us spare parts and brain power. Teamtech gave us the harnesses. I hope that everyone in the Viper nation will use and support Kumho tires (as they truly are the best) and Prefix. These suppliers supported the Viper and the Viper Nation when others (who should have) were missing in action. Since Viper is stopping production, Kumho and Prefix had little to gain. They did it because they are one of us. I can't thank them enough.
No need to throw shade. The conspiracy theorists can take a short vacation. It's all coming VERY soon.

Dave292
07-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Thank you for the update. Wishing you the best on this adventure.

viperBase1
07-16-2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks Russ. I wasn't worried.. certainly mighty curious and eager.. standing by with fingers firmly crossed.

My method of coping with the anticipation is to take my Viper on a 3 hour romp through the San Diego hills (yesterday morning). EEEEeeeeOOOooooooWWooooo!! :drive:
Suddenly found myself driving through a Porsche Cars & Coffee event. By the looks I got from everyone there, safe to say I was the only Viper around.:orange:
Made me think of The Ring. For the rest of the drive I was pretending I was on the track.
Exhilarating to say the least.

Can't wait to see the lap times. Even if the ring record isn't taken back I suspect the times will be respectable in the most epic snake ever made!
Totally agree.

A new record would rock the entire world!
Somewhere in the Top 5 would be F'ing AWESOME.
Staying in the Top 10 for long long while would be INCREDIBLE.

You're spoiled with the great roads and the better bier. ;)

yes. :very_drunk:
Bollocks! San Diego is the Micro-Brew capital of the world!
Come on down. I'll be your designated driver and tour guide.

ViperDC
07-16-2017, 11:49 AM
weird no info has come out

06SRTCoupe
07-16-2017, 11:59 AM
The only joke here are the people in this thread whining and complaining and assuming that the organizers aren't going to update anyone. Stop your crying. These people have been part of the Viper community for years and now you're going to dismiss all that because you haven't seen an update on the VOA? I think some of you need to sell your Vipers, buy a Prius, and go find a safe space.

99Vipers
07-16-2017, 12:40 PM
The only joke here are the people in this thread whining and complaining and assuming that the organizers aren't going to update anyone. Stop your crying. These people have been part of the Viper community for years and now your going to dismiss all that because you haven't seen an update on the VOA? I think some of you need to sell your Vipers, buy a Prius, and go find a safe space.

Now thats Funny:smilielol: I wonder what the ACR crew will do on here if the Ring time doesn't meet their expectations ?:jerry:

Vegaskid
07-16-2017, 03:31 PM
All good... I think most of the dialog is driven by the excitement of it all..

Good luck to all.

TrackAire
07-16-2017, 03:38 PM
The only joke here are the people in this thread whining and complaining and assuming that the organizers aren't going to update anyone. Stop your crying. These people have been part of the Viper community for years and now you're going to dismiss all that because you haven't seen an update on the VOA? I think some of you need to sell your Vipers, buy a Prius, and go find a safe space.

So you are surprised that a group of people that tend to be control freaks, type A personalities, often run multi-million dollar companies, are opinionated, sometimes abrasive, know it alls, and think they can drive faster than the pro Ring drivers are hard to please no matter how hard Russ and the others try?? :smilielol:

Seriously, the amount of effort put into this attempt is huge and appreciated. I am getting a lot of requests from friends on the track Mustang forum, the Ford GT forum and the Vette forum to post the link when available as they want to follow along.
As far as I know, a public type updating has never been done before for a Ring attempt and a lot of people just want to hear about it and live vicariously through the group putting it on. This is going to be very exciting.

Pappy
07-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Weather forecast for next week is a little ragged, especially late in the week. Right now Tuesday/Wednesday looks a little better. Hope they get a good window with a dry track.

Pappy

stradman
07-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Weather forecast for next week is a little ragged, especially late in the week. Right now Tuesday/Wednesday looks a little better. Hope they get a good window with a dry track.

Pappy

Well without a dry track they might as well not even attempt this...

Scott_in_fl
07-17-2017, 08:10 AM
The weather folks are about as accurate as a broken clock. Thus, it is just as likely that they will have beautiful weather and perfect conditions for many clean runs. Positive thoughts everyone.

Martin2000GTS
07-17-2017, 08:10 AM

way to represent with a nice post. Being a regional VP too. Jeeze. The effort to bring the car to the ring was funded by owners, nothing to do with Dodge.

Martin2000GTS
07-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Russ thanks for the update and doing what you're doing. Hope you can make it to a New England event sometime.

Martin -

Fatboy 18
07-17-2017, 09:01 AM
way to represent with a nice post. Being a regional VP too. Jeeze. The effort to bring the car to the ring was funded by owners, nothing to do with Dodge.You need to read the post again, I know it's nothing to do with Dodge!

My Point is fans and owners have helped fund this. This Club also got behind the effort and help support this.
If you paid 10k + You were invited to go and watch the effort. Anyone not paying that much will only get to hear what is happening after the event. or from other internet posters when they are there.
Mr Oasis has already said they don't want crowds there.
But I will state again, the ring is a big place and there are many viewing areas, so other viper fans could be able to watch without trying to get in on the pit action and VIP Hospitality.
Try to think of it this way, What's your favorite football team? Whether they win or lose you are a fan and will support them. some fans are prepared to travel to watch the team, they may not have the best seats but are still prepared to travel,

So some of us here have asked when the match is going to be played so we could watch from another part of the track and the Team is not saying.

There are German/Dutch/French/English/Belgium fans that would have just liked to spectate, had our own social gathering and wish the Team well.
Where the hell is the harm in that? Sadly it is plain that they do not want us there!

Im going to get into personal insults, I love my Club and Always try to be helpful with How to guides and help fellow owners with problems on their cars. Coming together is what its supposed to be all about isnt it?

Im now done with this.
Sincerely
Mark Kidman
VOA United Kingdom
Vice President.

stradman
07-17-2017, 12:28 PM
All good... I think most of the dialog is driven by the excitement of it all..

Good luck to all.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I'm sure the organisers will update us all accordingly. However trying to look at it from a fans point of view-they also have a point too. Understanding that this effort is only being made possible through the contributions of the public, then I do think that they should have made the dates that the effort is being done public. If this was funded entirely by the owners of the two cars and their sponsors then that would have been a different matter. Its clear also the big donors are being told in order for them to make travel arrangements etc as they will be close at hand and intimately involved. However I think this courtesy-of mentioning the dates- could have at least been passed on to the fans as well. As Mark says the Ring is a big place with lots and lots of spectator areas outside the actual ring, which would not have encroached at all on the runs-indeed once the locals get wind of it there will be press and the public around to take photos anyway. Moreover whether the run is successful or not will not be determined by people knowing about the dates of the run or not. What will be will be in the end. As I understand it they are hiring the ring for the runs and so only the organisers will have a say as to who is in the actual ring at the time which is fair enough. But as I said there are loads of specatator areas outside the ring for fans that want to be there, and could witness things without affecting anything in the slightest. I don't think that is asking too much really.

ViperGTS
07-17-2017, 01:37 PM
21 and 29 of July are blocked - the rest of July is "public racing" :drive:

TrackAire
07-17-2017, 01:45 PM
The only thing anybody should be concerned with at this time is the weather.....pray for no rain. If it's happening this week, I would guess the 19th, 20th and 21st would be most obvious looking at the schedule of events.

I'm not sure what the opposite of a rain dance is, but right now that is what we should be doing.......

Martin2000GTS
07-17-2017, 04:40 PM
You need to read the post again, I know it's nothing to do with Dodge!

My Point is fans and owners have helped fund this. This Club also got behind the effort and help support this.
If you paid 10k + You were invited to go and watch the effort. Anyone not paying that much will only get to hear what is happening after the event. or from other internet posters when they are there.
But I will state again, the ring is a big place and there are many viewing areas, so other viper fans could be able to watch without trying to get in on the pit action and VIP Hospitality.
Try to think of it this way, What's your favorite football team? Whether they win or lose you are a fan and will support them. some fans are prepared to travel to watch the team, they may not have the best seats but are still prepared to travel,

So some of us here have asked when the match is going to be played so we could watch from another part of the track and the Team is not saying.

There are German/Dutch/French/English/Belgium fans that would have just liked to spectate, had our own social gathering and wish the Team well.
Where the hell is the harm in that? Sadly it is plain that they do not want us there!

Im going to get into personal insults, I love my Club and Always try to be helpful with How to guides and help fellow owners with problems on their cars. Coming together is what its supposed to be all about isnt it?

Im now done with this.
Sincerely
Mark Kidman
VOA United Kingdom
Vice President.

Mark sorry if you felt I came off rude. I apologize. I see where you are coming from. However I still disagree. Event planning is a giant undertaking on many levels let alone this level. I plan massive events in our New England club every year. And every event ends up being spectacular with many happy members. Russ laid out the rules in the beginning on attending the event. That's the bottom line. He has not changed anything.

"Try to think of it this way, What's your favorite football team? - the Patriots
Whether they win or lose you are a fan and will support them. - yes
some fans are prepared to travel to watch the team - i have
they may not have the best seats but are still prepared to travel,- and you can buy a ticket no questions asked from the other stadium no problem, that was not an option on this event.

So some of us here have asked when the match is going to be played so we could watch from another part of the track and the Team is not saying. - when more information is released we may then know if we can watch it from a live feed or maybe not at all. I dont see the big deal. MAybe they dont have exact specifics on the date yet, there might be lots of other factors Russ doesn't care to spend his time explaining to us. Give the guy a break. Thanks to him this is even happening. I know when I was president of the New England club i put in a solid 15-20 hrs a week running it on top of my day job.

I dont blame them for not wanting other people there. Im sure there are many other factors. Maybe they want clean video as I am sure the run is going to be professionally recorded. You can never know whats going to happen when you post information on a public forum. My first year as president i was posting addresses and specifics on this forum, and i had random people coming to my lobster roll event, eating the lobster rolls, bringing their friends. We had mustang clubs meeting us at our meeting points for club activities.....

Coming together is what its all about. I believe in building friendships and good relationships, then more members come to events. But for the time being give Russ a break. He is doing an incrediable thing here and has put in countless hours I can only imagine. The guy should be praised on a daily basis for doing this, not badgered for minimal information.

Martin -

Track Pack
07-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Should be any time now

06SRTCoupe
07-17-2017, 08:38 PM
You need to read the post again, I know it's nothing to do with Dodge!

Im now done with this.
Sincerely
Mark Kidman
VOA United Kingdom
Vice President.

The way you're acting in this thread makes the last paragraph of your novel irrelevant. Glad to hear you are done posting in this thread because your negativity isn't needed.

Dave292
07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
The way you're acting in this thread makes the last paragraph of your novel irrelevant. Glad to hear you are done posting in this thread because your negativity isn't needed.

Enough!!!!! Cut him some slack and drop it. Take about negativity.

SandViper
07-17-2017, 11:14 PM
You would have to think, The reason that no info has come out is that to have this covered properly I am sure there are some Exclusive rights to to companies like say if Top Gear was to cover it or Motor Trend, or any other publication...

Shooter
07-18-2017, 07:36 PM
We are not giving out specifics because we don't want a large crowd, (including those from other car companies who wish us bad luck), to interfere with what we need to do. You will get daily updates from Kumho Tire and Jhan Dolphin from Prefix. Those of us on the ground in Germany will also post videos through the Ring King Facebook page.

What a load of crap. The guy just wants to go and watch his favorite car on the Nring. He doesn't want to intrude on all the high paying special snowflakes, just sit by a corner somewhere along the track and watch. Reminds me of all the old VCA National Officers secret BS with the Gen V.

ek1
07-18-2017, 08:42 PM

NAILED IT about the wife! :)

Stealth
07-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Again, great job for setting this up guys!

Agreed that, well meaning as others may be in terms of spectating, asking questions, etc. the likelihood of interference is HIGH if too many details are posted. Even if the VOA Member(s) or "Enthusiast(s)" did not interfere, others getting the information from the Forum or a Forum Member could cause mass hysteria (or at least unwanted distractions) at the track. Eye-of-the-Tiger/Viper focus is required for this serious and awesome effort!!

Go Vipers!

PS: Please try low downforce settings!

SSGNRDZ_28
07-19-2017, 06:12 AM
http://www.bridgetogantry.com/the-viper-acr-is-officially-hunting-a-nurburgring-laptime/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82G6DfPITd0

ChevyChad
07-19-2017, 07:45 AM

Pappy

Just to clear something up here about the C7 Z06. That 7:13 time was set by a private individual with his own car. That was not a professional attempt by any means, so that 7:13 time could probably be a lot better had it been in the hands of a pro and also, who is to say how much time that dude had to practice and how much track time he actually bought. Yes, its a good time, but could be better and shouldnt be confused with a pro attempt.

Back to the original topic, I am thinking that the vipers will run this week/ weekend. I am sure Russ will give as many details about the run as he can when he can. I am very appreciative of his (and countless other's) efforts. I truly hope that the Viper can post a tremendous time! And it will also be interesting to see how it compares to the new C7 ZR1. What a great time to be an auto enthusiast. :cool:

Snakebit10
07-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Goose bumps after seeing that vid. Eagerly awaiting the results. Be safe guys and beat that Performante convincingly...

Boba Fett
07-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Just to clear something up here about the C7 Z06. That 7:13 time was set by a private individual with his own car. That was not a professional attempt by any means, so that 7:13 time could probably be a lot better had it been in the hands of a pro and also, who is to say how much time that dude had to practice and how much track time he actually bought. Yes, its a good time, but could be better and shouldnt be confused with a pro attempt.

Back to the original topic, I am thinking that the vipers will run this week/ weekend. I am sure Russ will give as many details about the run as he can when he can. I am very appreciative of his (and countless other's) efforts. I truly hope that the Viper can post a tremendous time! And it will also be interesting to see how it compares to the new C7 ZR1. What a great time to be an auto enthusiast. :cool:
Christian Gebhardt is his name and he is a racer with prior runs at his home in Germany on the ring. I own a ZO6 and think maybe there was a little left on the table. My speculation is 2-4 seconds but not much more.

I totally agree with you about Russ and how the new ZR1 will hold up against the ACR....Indeed a great time for us true enthusiasts.

J TNT
07-19-2017, 08:27 AM
http://www.bridgetogantry.com/the-viper-acr-is-officially-hunting-a-nurburgring-laptime/

We're getting close , thanks for sharing that ! :drive:

ViperJon
07-19-2017, 08:35 AM
I certainly hope that they are not forced to weave through traffic on a record attempt like the video shows. Didn't they arrange a private rental?

viperBase1
07-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Awesome! Thanks for posting the vid Doug.

Man-o-Man this is exciting. :United_States::dancingman::fpopcorn:

ek1
07-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Christian Gebhardt is his name and he is a racer with prior runs at his home in Germany on the ring. I own a ZO6 and think maybe there was a little left on the table. My speculation is 2-4 seconds but not much more.

I totally agree with you about Russ and how the new ZR1 will hold up against the ACR....Indeed a great time for us true enthusiasts.

....Until it overheats and goes into limp mode...

Sorry....could not resist...no offense to Z06 guys :)

Track Pack
07-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Here we go

ViperSRT
07-19-2017, 09:04 AM
I certainly hope that they are not forced to weave through traffic on a record attempt like the video shows. Didn't they arrange a private rental?

Test and tune on regular days and then with fully tuned in cars go for best lap times with clear track. I think that is the intent.

Boba Fett
07-19-2017, 09:35 AM
....Until it overheats and goes into limp mode...

Sorry....could not resist...no offense to Z06 guys :)

lmao

mackzilla
07-19-2017, 09:37 AM
I can't wait to hear the outcome. Been sharing this to my local forums for the SRT fans in Columbus, OH.

WOOT

ViperDC
07-19-2017, 10:04 AM
cant wait! best of luck

stradman
07-19-2017, 10:24 AM
I believe it's likely that the track may be booked out for tomorrow and Friday for the Vipers as there does not seem to be any events booked on the ring website for the next 2 days during 9-5pm...

v10enomous
07-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Where's the best place to get real time updates ?

Scott_in_fl
07-19-2017, 11:19 AM
This is EPIC!!!! So cool to see that car on the Ring!

Martin2000GTS
07-19-2017, 11:25 AM
holy crap ! goose bumps here for sure. crossing my fingers! Hope everyone stays safe out there !

TrackAire
07-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Damn this is awesome...the weather looked great on the webcam today.

Is that scrapping noise I'm hearing as the Viper goes through the corner the front splitter?

ForTehNguyen
07-19-2017, 12:07 PM
could be the the diffusor scrakes which are designed to bottom out during cornering.

Snakebit10
07-19-2017, 12:33 PM
Man that's a dead serious, mean mug on that Viper in the Instagram pic above. Take a bite out of that Bull's time Stryker...

Policy Limits
07-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Read it needs to be 20 seconds faster than last time?

One Viper Bite
07-19-2017, 01:29 PM
Read it needs to be 20 seconds faster than last time?

Duh.

Gen IV ACRs time was 7:12. Huracan's time was 6:52...

TrackAire
07-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Duh.

ACR-Xs time was 7:12. Huracan's time was 6:52...

Pretty sure ACR-X was running 7:03's.....street ACR was 7:12

Gen 5 has better gearing, better 5th gear ratio, better tires, repaved track, more hp and way better aero. Yes, it is very possible with the correct track conditions to go 20 seconds faster.

One Viper Bite
07-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Pretty sure ACR-X was running 7:03's.....street ACR was 7:12

Gen 5 has better gearing, better 5th gear ratio, better tires, repaved track, more hp and way better aero. Yes, it is very possible with the correct track conditions to go 20 seconds faster.

You're right. So either way, production Gen V ACR-E needs to run 20 seconds faster than the production version of the Gen IV ACR :)

My98RT10
07-19-2017, 01:58 PM
I will go there on Friday, weather forecast is good, no rain. Hope to see the car in person flying over the ring ;)

For sure I'll bring my cameras for some footages ... :)

Nambo
07-19-2017, 02:02 PM
It needs to be 30 seconds faster to beat the time of the McLaren P1 LM (6.43.xx).

TrackAire
07-19-2017, 02:12 PM
It needs to be 30 seconds faster to beat the time of the McLaren P1 LM (6.43.xx).

I don't think that would be considered a production car....its a race car that gets street legalized by an outside vendor IIRC.

Nambo
07-19-2017, 02:41 PM
I don't think that would be considered a production car....its a race car that gets street legalized by an outside vendor IIRC.

You are correct. Apparently it is modified after initial production by an non OEM firm so it would not qualify as a production car. Still blazing fast though.

v10enomous
07-19-2017, 02:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ROKUHdZ.jpg

ACRSNK
07-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Wow!!!

ACRucrazy
07-19-2017, 04:11 PM

Correct. A race car only current P1 owners could buy, modified by LM and only 5 were made, and sold. No one in their right mind should consider that a production car.

TrackAire
07-19-2017, 04:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ROKUHdZ.jpg

Regarding that list, what is kind of impressive is the run posted up by Sport Auto magazine of the C7 Z06 with a time of 7:13.9......faster than many cars with a wing.

As far as I can see, this is the only car on the list with a time under 7:19 that doesn't have a wing. Everything below 7:19.1 has a wing, even the Donkervoort (which should be disqualified for no other reason than its name).

Granted, the Z06 has a pretty substantial rear spoiler but nowhere near as effective as a wing. And as previously posted, it looks like the driver left at least 3 seconds on the track. With more aggressive front aero and a rear wing, that Z06 would easily get under 7:09.....at least for one lap, lol.

v10enomous
07-19-2017, 05:03 PM
The Camaro ZL1 1LE absolutely crushed the GT350r by 16 seconds and it beats an almost unbelievable pile of supercars...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

Regarding that list, what is kind of impressive is the run posted up by Sport Auto magazine of the C7 Z06 with a time of 7:13.9......faster than many cars with a wing.

As far as I can see, this is the only car on the list with a time under 7:19 that doesn't have a wing. Everything below 7:19.1 has a wing, even the Donkervoort (which should be disqualified for no other reason than its name).

Granted, the Z06 has a pretty substantial rear spoiler but nowhere near as effective as a wing. And as previously posted, it looks like the driver left at least 3 seconds on the track. With more aggressive front aero and a rear wing, that Z06 would easily get under 7:09.....at least for one lap, lol.

river rat
07-19-2017, 05:09 PM
That 2010 ACR time is still really strong!

v10enomous
07-19-2017, 05:20 PM
That 2010 ACR time is still really strong!

I've watched the video of that run more than a few dozen times and it never gets old... The ACRx albeit not a production car ran 7:03 on the track before it was renovated so the new ACR should really kick ass.

TrackAire
07-19-2017, 06:58 PM
The Camaro ZL1 1LE absolutely crushed the GT350r by 16 seconds and it beats an almost unbelievable pile of supercars...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

I'm uber impressed with the 1LE considering its weight and size but it too employs a real wing. Ford sort of went half ass with that winoiler (not a wing and not a spoiler) off the rear deck....since this is their hard core track car they should have put a real wing on and the car would have been even faster. Very embarrassing to a lot of supercars that cost 4 times as much.

I have not seen an official Ring time for the GT350R other than internet fodder from a bogus website called horsepowerkings. Ford's stance is that they don't believe Ring times are important so they don't test and report the results to the public. I think the GT350R is going to be a lot faster than the 7:32 I've read about....probably in the high teens to low twenties.

Still, I'm not sure if it will beat the 1LE since the GT350R is no featherweight either and for now I feel the 1LE has the superior hp, shock and aero package.

ek1
07-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Correct. A race car only current P1 owners could buy, modified by LM and only 5 were made, and sold. No one in their right mind should consider that a production car.

Pretty sure everyone who is into cars realizes that McLaren let this happen because the stock P1 is slow compared to cars in it's class (918, LaFerrari) and it's Nurburgring time is slow compared to much cheaper cars. They had to "save the day". The unwashed masses will never know that P1 and P1 LM are very different cars, just like some lamer at a gas station that saw my ACR and said "Nice body kit, dude", so the Internet as a whole will think that "P1 set the record". Sad when a company like Mclaren stoops down to this level.

Even if the ACR does not set the record (although I hope it will), whatever time we see will be by set by a truly stock car, as opposed to a Viper GTS-R race car that was made road legal through some mods by a boutique tuner shop.

Stealth
07-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Pretty sure everyone who is into cars realizes that McLaren let this happen because the stock P1 is slow compared to cars in it's class (918, LaFerrari) and it's Nurburgring time is slow compared to much cheaper cars. They had to "save the day". The unwashed masses will never know that P1 and P1 LM are very different cars, just like some lamer at a gas station that saw my ACR and said "Nice body kit, dude", so the Internet as a whole will think that "P1 set the record". Sad when a company like Mclaren stoops down to this level.

Is this really true? I had a different impression of the P1 and its capabilities.

Go Vipers!

ACR08
07-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Love it!!! Go Viper, Go!!!

stradman
07-20-2017, 02:57 AM
Everyone really needs to understand anytime a manually driven car sets a time you need to remove 6-8 seconds of that time if you are comparing it to an automated gearbox as that is how much time over a 7 mile circuit approximately it loses. That makes its achievement even more impressive, and many people forget that.....

Snakebit10
07-20-2017, 05:48 AM
Looking at that list you have to understand that a lot of the current times on that list from late model cars were run on much better tires and on the repavement of sections of the Ring. I'm pretty sure if you put the current MPSC 2's or the like on a 2010 ACR it will be in the 7:0x time category. Probably the same for the Lexus LFA. That car ran on regular tires and did that 7:14. Imagine if it was on MPSC '2's or similar. Some impressive older cars on this list. Nice to see the G4 ACR still in the top 10 production cars on the Ring. It would be higher if they didn't include the Donks and Radicals which while some are street legal it is by a stretch.

ViperJon
07-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Everyone really needs to understand anytime a manually driven car sets a time you need to remove 6-8 seconds of that time if you are comparing it to an automated gearbox as that is how much time over a 7 mile circuit approximately it loses. .....

Maybe true but irrelevant. There are no manual versus auto class distinctions.

stradman
07-20-2017, 06:48 AM
Maybe true but irrelevant. There are no manual versus auto class distinctions.
Agree no distinction. But people still need to be aware of it and when put into context not irrelevant at all imo. In fact makes it more of an achievement for me.

ViperGTS
07-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Well, the question is: how many "gimmicks" (computer controlled shifting, computer controlled clutch, anti-skid, rear wheels steering, ESP, gps controlled braking/accelerating/steering etc.) in a car are allowed to make the times comparable? Even ABS makes a big difference depending on the grip of the tires/track.

ACR Steve
07-20-2017, 09:02 AM
If you are attempting the Ring every nanny that one can turn off would be.

Scott_in_fl
07-20-2017, 01:10 PM
If you are attempting the Ring every nanny that one can turn off would be.

^^^ This, for sure.

And I don't know about 7-8 seconds between manual and autoshift. I believe that I read quite consistently during my Z06 days (last year, lol) that the manual was just as quick, if not quicker, around most tracks than the auto. In a straight line drag race, there is a difference, but downshifts on a road course --- not so much (you're on the brakes anyway).

I still agree there could be some advantage, but probably less than half the amount of your estimate.

Fulltilt
07-20-2017, 01:31 PM
If a manual was just as fast as an auto, why do all the race cars (everything from GTS-R's to Formula 1) now run auto/sequential transmissions? There's a reason the old sequential transmissions had such a long lever, so you barely take a hand off the wheel. With a sequential you can easily shift while going around a turn that's off camber. Much harder with a manual. I know the sequential transmissions went to paddle shifter's and they might be fully auto now.

Scott_in_fl
07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
If a manual was just as fast as an auto, why do all the race cars (everything from GTS-R's to Formula 1) now run auto/sequential transmissions? There's a reason the old sequential transmissions had such a long lever, so you barely take a hand off the wheel. With a sequential you can easily shift while going around a turn that's off camber. Much harder with a manual. I know the sequential transmissions went to paddle shifter's and they might be fully auto now.

I'm with you. I just don't know if it would equate to as much as 7-8 seconds per N'ring lap. That seems to be a ton of time, even knowing the length of the track and the time it takes to get around it (which is about 4.5x the time it takes to get around Laguna Seca). Sequentials bring a host of advantages to the roadracer, one big one being less fatigue. When you are in the cockpit for hours at a time, that is a biggie.

38D
07-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Some video of them on track

https://youtu.be/pme3SNuuM6c

AllAboutViper
07-23-2017, 01:09 AM

This will be shared @allaboutviper (instagram)

Snakebit10
07-23-2017, 11:57 AM

LOVE the sound of the Viper in this vid.

Look who else was on the Ring on that same section of track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUX-Ky6fLww

Methinks one or both of these beasts will beat the Huracan's contested time.

dewilmoth
07-23-2017, 12:19 PM
LOVE the sound of the Viper in this vid.

Look who else was on the Ring on that same section of track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUX-Ky6fLww

Methinks one or both of these beasts will beat the Huracan's contested time.

Absolutely not even remotely scientific, and not trying to start a pissing contest or debate, but my crude timing of both cars through that section of the track put the Porsche ahead by about 1/4 second. That thing moves.

And yes, I do understand this is not a record run by either car. Just found it interesting.

Snakebit10
07-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Haha. We all chompin at the bit for a time. Cant help but break down any little data we can until the real run :D. That Porsche will give the ACR hell. Its more powerful and it does have some pretty good downforce even if not ACR levels. Will be interesting to see the delta between the two rwd monsters. That Porsche tops out at 212mph so it will be much faster on that back straight vs the Viper. Two beautiful beasts.

Boba Fett
07-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Haha. We all chompin at the bit for a time. Cant help but break down any little data we can until the real run :D. That Porsche will give the ACR hell. Its more powerful and it does have some pretty good downforce even if not ACR levels. Will be interesting to see the delta between the two rwd monsters. That Porsche tops out at 212mph so it will be much faster on that back straight vs the Viper. Two beautiful beasts.

is it really??

ClayR
07-23-2017, 02:17 PM
It is 700 horsepower. My friends wife is the GM of the Porsche store in town. He told me only 100 were coming Stateside and that a guy had already put down money if they got one. It was the one car that almost swayed me from these two new Vipers I'm buying. I got a new ACR-E I'm going to have fun with at track and I'm getting a GTSR to hold onto with low miles for a collectible. My dream car before I got my ACR was a 911, timeless design and racing pedigree. Always been fascinated with the Germans. Not so much the Italians.

Snakebit10
07-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Yes its a 700 horse car. You know how efficient Porsche's are with their power to the ground. A 580hp Porsche runs with a 645hp Viper. Imagine a rwd 700 hp Porsche vs a 645hp ACR? And now it has some pretty good aero. It will be a force even for the ACR methinks. We shall see.

VIPER BAZ UK
07-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Sorry I haven't posted here for a while since FB took over...

Good luck to all involved !!!!!

Concentrate and do us proud!!!

A few pics I have saved from different sites .None are mine.....

VIPER BAZ UK
07-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Few more.....

Boba Fett
07-23-2017, 08:11 PM
It is 700 horsepower. My friends wife is the GM of the Porsche store in town. He told me only 100 were coming Stateside and that a guy had already put down money if they got one. It was the one car that almost swayed me from these two new Vipers I'm buying. I got a new ACR-E I'm going to have fun with at track and I'm getting a GTSR to hold onto with low miles for a collectible. My dream car before I got my ACR was a 911, timeless design and racing pedigree. Always been fascinated with the Germans. Not so much the Italians.
gotcha

Yes its a 700 horse car. You know how efficient Porsche's are with their power to the ground. A 580hp Porsche runs with a 645hp Viper. Imagine a rwd 700 hp Porsche vs a 645hp ACR? And now it has some pretty good aero. It will be a force even for the ACR methinks. We shall see.
absolutely...Porsche is a force to be reckoned with, no argument here..

SlateEd
07-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Is this really true? I had a different impression of the P1 and its capabilities.

Go Vipers!

Not really true.. the P1 is extreme. Also hard to say how fast the LaF really is, since Fiat won't let it go head to head with a Viper ACR... afraid the cheap step child will outrun the first born son....

ForTehNguyen
07-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Not really true.. the P1 is extreme. Also hard to say how fast the LaF really is, since Fiat won't let it go head to head with a Viper ACR... afraid the cheap step child will outrun the first born son....

when they beat the ferraris in IMSA, SRT race team was disbanded. Wouldnt be the first time

/conspiracy

ACR
07-31-2017, 08:23 AM
How many more attempts will be made and/or how long are they out their for?

AZTVR
07-31-2017, 01:33 PM
How many more attempts will be made and/or how long are they out their for?

On the Gofund me page (https://www.gofundme.com/take-back-the-ring-record), Russ Oasis says that they have the opportunity to book 3.5 hours in August, and they are looking to see if they can arrange a couple of single end-of-the-day runs.

ViperSRT
07-31-2017, 01:36 PM
If so I hope the hours are spread across several days so a single rainy day doesn't spoil the second effort.

Stealth
07-31-2017, 03:32 PM

There is an internet video of a holy trinity drag race on an airfield. The 918 has the first lead out of the hole, then the P1 pulls away from all cars. The Ferarri is 2nd. The race is to over 200mph and the narrator indicates that neither of the other 2 cars would ever catch the P1 given more room, etc.--the rate of P1 pull away is increasing, etc. A short track with lots of curves may favor the 918 due to its front wheel motors.

IHOP
07-31-2017, 11:25 PM
There is an internet video of a holy trinity drag race on an airfield. The 918 has the first lead out of the hole, then the P1 pulls away from all cars. The Ferarri is 2nd. The race is to over 200mph and the narrator indicates that neither of the other 2 cars would ever catch the P1 given more room, etc.--the rate of P1 pull away is increasing, etc. A short track with lots of curves may favor the 918 due to its front wheel motors.

After watching the new (crappy) BBC Top Gear and The Grand Tour race of the holy trinity, I thought the P1 was pretty impressive. Maybe just because it has the race mode that isn't for use on the street but I would imagine on the ring it would do pretty well. Top Gear had the P1 winning with the best lap time and then taking off a few more seconds when put into race mode. Then The Grand Tour had the 918 winning.

Arizona Vipers
08-01-2017, 12:05 AM

Uhhhh, a 500hp non-turbo Porsche annihilates the Viper in all accelerations tests- http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge/viper/2016/2016-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-2016-dodge-viper-acr-vs-2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs/
The Turbo 580hp you mention isn't even similar in acceleration times vs the Viper it's light years ahead. I don't think people understand how quick cars have got over the last 10 years while the Viper has not got much faster. Yes we've gone up a tiny bit in horsepower, but everyone else has gone WAY up, and the transmission/launch technology has gone through the roof. $40K Audis are hitting 60mph faster than the Viper now. I only say this to show how it makes the Viper's lap times much more impressive when every other car in our price range accelerates MUCH faster. Even the BASE 911 is faster in the quarter mile. The BASE 911. I track against a stock GT3 all the time and kill him on the corners and he smokes me in the straights. Times have changed. I've posted other comparison articles where the BASE 370hp 911 tied the Viper in 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Snakebit10
08-01-2017, 06:35 AM
I hear you Arizona. And you made my point even better than I did. Yes the 700 hp GT2 RS even with less aggressive aero than the Viper will be simply monstrous on the Ring etc.

But I must say that those mag tests don't powershift the Viper in those tests. When you see guys like PDV etc powershift from roll etc the Viper actually stays with or beats some of those Porsches. In that article you can see why as the Viper is already 2 mph faster and climbing at the end of the 1/4. The Porsches rear engine mounting gives it better traction off the line as you already know. Its mostly in the tranny superiority in terms of keeping the engine in the power band why a Viper will not stay with the current crop of DCT'd cars when its shifted normally. Powershift though and its a different story. BUTTTT that wont be advantageous on a circuit track like the Ring. Next Viper hopefully gets DCT and active aero..

ForTehNguyen
08-01-2017, 07:45 AM
thats the difference between PDK and manual. Ive learned over time to not get caught up in tiresome 0-60 times.

and its still #1 in that comparison test

ek1
08-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Uhhhh, a 500hp non-turbo Porsche annihilates the Viper in all accelerations tests- http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge/viper/2016/2016-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-2016-dodge-viper-acr-vs-2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs/
The Turbo 580hp you mention isn't even similar in acceleration times vs the Viper it's light years ahead. I don't think people understand how quick cars have got over the last 10 years while the Viper has not got much faster. Yes we've gone up a tiny bit in horsepower, but everyone else has gone WAY up, and the transmission/launch technology has gone through the roof. $40K Audis are hitting 60mph faster than the Viper now. I only say this to show how it makes the Viper's lap times much more impressive when every other car in our price range accelerates MUCH faster. Even the BASE 911 is faster in the quarter mile. The BASE 911. I track against a stock GT3 all the time and kill him on the corners and he smokes me in the straights. Times have changed. I've posted other comparison articles where the BASE 370hp 911 tied the Viper in 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

I was at a track day earlier this season. There was a dude with a 2017 GT3 RS. It was exactly the same thing as you described. I was faster than him in corners, but on a straight he was pulling away like I was standing, no matter what gear I was in. The ACR wasn't even close in straight line acceleration.

SharpMan
08-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I was at a track day earlier this season. There was a dude with a 2017 GT3 RS. It was exactly the same thing as you described. I was faster than him in corners, but on a straight he was pulling away like I was standing, no matter what gear I was in. The ACR wasn't even close in straight line acceleration.

It's pretty simple...shorter gearing and quicker shifts. Just giving the Viper more performance- oriented gearing would make a huge difference.

TrackAire
08-02-2017, 10:20 AM
It's pretty simple...shorter gearing and quicker shifts. Just giving the Viper more performance- oriented gearing would make a huge difference.

And an extra 2500 rpms between shifts. Once at higher speeds the torque of a slow revving engine is not as efficient as high spinning motor with short gears and instant no loss rpm shifts.

I look at the ACR-E as a hot MILF that can cook a great meal and the Porsche GT3 RS as a young hot supermodel with a minor coke habit.......

13COBRA
08-02-2017, 12:52 PM
I look at the ACR-E as a hot MILF that can cook a great meal and the Porsche GT3 RS as a young hot supermodel with a minor coke habit.......

Probably the best description I've heard.

IHOP
08-02-2017, 03:46 PM
😂😂😂😂 Awesome!

Stealth
08-02-2017, 05:53 PM
And an extra 2500 rpms between shifts. Once at higher speeds the torque of a slow revving engine is not as efficient as high spinning motor with short gears and instant no loss rpm shifts.

Is this because the Porsche has no rack (or torque), just like most Supermodels?

TrackAire
08-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Is this because the Porsche has no rack (or torque), just like most Supermodels?

On a Porsche, all the torque is in the rear end and for most "drivers" that is all that matters.......:icon_devil:

ek1
08-04-2017, 09:04 AM

The 911 Turbo S has a decent rack...553 lb.-ft :) Is that considered a "plus" size model?

CarolinaViper
08-04-2017, 01:46 PM
The 911 Turbo S has a decent rack...553 lb.-ft :) Is that considered a "plus" size model?

Not a plus size, but rather a "D" cup size...not quite a "DD""...as we are talking about "Rack" sizes.

TrackAire
08-04-2017, 04:31 PM

Plus size, regular size, rack or no rack.....Give me any car with over 500 lb.-ft and I become "fully torqued".

est8esq
08-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Coming from one myself, I've always said the ACR-E is "90%" done. Unfortunately, 5th gear is virtually useless. Tough to compare Viper to 991's w/ PDK. At least getting beat by 991 GT3 RS respectable. Cayman's kill you on straights : (

Bottom line, however for the money I still say one can't beat the Viper, pound for pound bang for the buck. 991 RS msrp well north of $200k.

More importantly, anyone hear any new updates on lap times or am I missing it??

stradman
08-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Coming from one myself, I've always said the ACR-E is "90%" done. Unfortunately, 5th gear is virtually useless. Tough to compare Viper to 991's w/ PDK. At least getting beat by 991 GT3 RS respectable. Cayman's kill you on straights : (

Bottom line, however for the money I still say one can't beat the Viper, pound for pound bang for the buck. 991 RS msrp well north of $200k.

More importantly, anyone hear any new updates on lap times or am I missing it??
I have never been beat by any Cayman, straights or no straights. Also with respect to 991RS, for me at least in my experience, there is not much in it on straights, so I don't understand you guys saying that it was "pulling like I was standing" . Twisty bits are much different : )

ek1
08-17-2017, 03:45 PM
I have never been beat by any Cayman, straights or no straights. Also with respect to 991RS, for me at least in my experience, there is not much in it on straights, so I don't understand you guys saying that it was "pulling like I was standing" . Twisty bits are much different : )

Same for me. ACR leaves Caymans in the dust.

Stealth
08-17-2017, 03:57 PM
My GTS is pretty much faster or even with anything I have encountered on the track outside of race cars. Fast cars would include an AMG SLS Black Series and some modded GTRs. There are also fast Z06s. Of course, some GT3 drivers, BMW drivers, etc. in near race cars can easily lay down faster laps than me in my for-fun street car in a HPDE, but that is not the car's fault!

Now, back on track: GO TEAM VIPER AT THE RING! Put the Aero on minimum drag settings and go like lightening! :drive::United_States:

ek1
08-17-2017, 04:51 PM
My GTS is pretty much faster or even with anything I have encountered on the track outside of race cars. Fast cars would include an AMG SLS Black Series and some modded GTRs. There are also fast Z06s. Of course, some GT3 drivers, BMW drivers, etc. in near race cars can easily lay down faster laps than me in my for-fun street car in a HPDE, but that is not the car's fault!

Now, back on track: GO TEAM VIPER AT THE RING! Put the Aero on minimum drag settings and go like lightening! :drive::United_States:

Most likely it's not your GTS that is faster, it's YOU who are faster. With the same driver on the same track, any stock Cayman (including GT4) has no chance against a stock ACR.

P.S. I vote for less wing as well!

Fatboy 18
08-23-2017, 02:33 AM
So is the team back at the ring yet?

Boosted Motorsports
08-23-2017, 09:51 AM
So is the team back at the ring yet?

They are!

Fatboy 18
08-23-2017, 01:32 PM
ok thanks for the update.

Voice of Reason
08-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Weather the next two days looks like 67* and 70* with no rain. That's pretty ideal conditions so let's hope they can make the most of it!

viperBase1
08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Fingers firmly crossed. :United_States:

Track Pack
08-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Go Team Viper!

Snakebit10
08-24-2017, 05:25 AM
Any updates? Was yesterday more test and tune?

stradman
08-24-2017, 06:21 AM
From Facebook :
We're here. Pray for weather. There's a 30% chance of rain. We practiced yesterday, caught a small leak in the diff before it got bad, and are ready for more practice today. Mario Farnbacher (Dom's brother) is driving with us for the initial attempts upcoming shortly. Luca will return next week if we don't break the record now. Here are Bernie, Dom, Mario, and I at the garage, getting ready to go the track. We all want to thank you for supporting us both financially and in spirit on this journey.

Snakebit10
08-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Thanks Stradman.

A lot can be read into in that statement from facebook. :) :drive: