PDA

View Full Version : Bob Lutz 'insider' video on the State of the Industry; Mentions Ralph Gilles x 2

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-31-2014, 02:07 PM
You gotta enjoy the wit of Bob Lutz, the Father of the Viper.

A few days ago Bob spoke to the Chrysler Retirees Org and their 60-minute video is great fun. Its especially fun if you know the 'players' he mentions. multiple belly-laughs.

He mentions Ralph just after minute 32 and minute 43....in a most flattering manner. If you are a Car-Guy you will want to watch all 60 minutes....maybe more than once!

Example: His insider comments about Cerberus-Nardelli are PRICELESS.....as are Bob's insider jokes on the Daimler merger-of-equals.

You gotta watch this! ......Money-back-Guarantee if not delighted....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CY2-in-G4vc&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embedded%2 6v%3DCY2-in-G4vc (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CY2-in-G4vc&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embedded%2 6v%3DCY2-in-G4vc)

whitebeard
01-31-2014, 02:27 PM
Interesting video

The_Greg
01-31-2014, 03:40 PM
Have only watched portions... But its been great so far!

johniew398
01-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Definitely a great speaker.

Drummerviper
01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
I chat with him from time to time--particularly when I am looking at new cars. He has still not let me live down buying the 458, though he was happy with I bought the C7. We should all be so active in our 80s. I wish I was in as good a shape as Bob.

C.J
01-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Mr. Lutz also mentions how Ralph would make a good CEO of Chrysler since he's a great designer and a car guy. This is an hour long video and very edifying and entertaining.

JonB, thanks for posting!

J TNT
01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
That was brilliant , thanks for sharing :)

Troublemaker
01-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Guys like that don't come along often and are getting fewer and farther between.

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Drummer: I remember that I had to 'badger' you to MAKE the time to personally visit Bob back when it was offered! (You were/are Soooooooo dang busy!) I promised that you would look on that trip as a life-time highlight, or as regrettable missed opportunity. Im glad you changed your sched.............. you too?

[ Sergio is glad U bought a 458 ]

I chat with him from time to time--particularly when I am looking at new cars. He has still not let me live down buying the 458, though he was happy with I bought the C7. We should all be so active in our 80s. I wish I was in as good a shape as Bob.

Canadian venom
01-31-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks JonB, Bob is always entertaining :dude3:

daytonprowler
01-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Just got done watching it. Excellent!

Drummerviper
02-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Drummer: I remember that I had to 'badger' you to MAKE the time to personally visit Bob back when it was offered! (You were/are Soooooooo dang busy!) I promised that you would look on that trip as a life-time highlight, or as regrettable missed opportunity. Im glad you changed your sched.............. you too?

[ Sergio is glad U bought a 458 ]

I do vaguely recall that. Bob invited me to his farm, and by the time we toured his car collection, took a ride in his helicopter etc, I had almost forgotten about the car. Back then he had what might have been a prototype ZR 1. He drove the viper one last time to the transporter , and I followed in the Z-- it was all I could do to keep up.

The best part is it has turned into a very nice friendship and we communicate often. A terrific guy, and a modern day Harley Earl.

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Just got done watching it. Excellent!

Like I said, money-back-guarantee if not delighted! His 'learning from historical mistakes' was priceless too....

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Mr. Lutz also mentions how Ralph would make a good CEO of Chrysler since he's a great designer and a car guy. This is an hour long video and very edifying and entertaining.

JonB, thanks for posting!

Yes, very flattering to Mr. Gilles indeed..