PDA

View Full Version : too much tramlining

No hemi
07-10-2017, 08:44 AM
I recently sold my Rattlers and bought a set of forgelines ( same size) with NEW rear Pirellis and USED front ones, the problem I'm having is my car is wondering ALL over the place and even changing lanes is a 2 hand affair, with the factory wheels I could drive it with one finger , I had a street/track alignment on it, and re-aligned it back to stock, also re balanced all 4 wheels , it took most of it away, but even on uneven roads it's still a handful and sucks the joy out of driving the car, took it to the mountains yesterday and it performed flawlessly, but on an uneven straight freeway it's like trying to ride a bull, any info or help will be appreciated. ( I think the "old" front tires might be the culprit , but I'm no expert).

Nine Ball
07-10-2017, 02:53 PM
The used tires may have had their own uneven wear from the camber that was on the previous car. Then they may not match your alignment specs now. If your car had the same alignment specs as the other car, maybe they would be close.

No hemi
07-10-2017, 02:59 PM
ok, I was thinking something about those lines, I put over 1k miles on the car this weekend and have felt them getting " better", maybe they are wearing " to my car's alignment"?