PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump issue

BJFlash
07-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone,
First time poster. I own a 97 Twin turbo rt/10. It is almost always on a battery tender in the garage, but this weekend I decided to drive it 4 hours away from home and parked in a parking garage. The next morning the battery was dead. Tried jumping it, no luck. So I bought a new battery, (along with a jack and breaker bar) and replaced it. Now I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn it over. I read a bunch of posts regarding resetting security systems and such. I held both buttons down on the key fob until it beeped and tried again, still no fuel pump whurrr. Also for shits replaced the asdr. Checked all fuses. All good. Had to tow it home... anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Viper Specialty
07-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Is the alarm light on? Does ASD relay self test on key-on?

BJFlash
07-02-2017, 07:23 PM
No.
And I hear a click under the hood when the key is turned to on if that's what you are asking.

dave6666
07-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Good ideas from Dan. But check your fuel pump relay too. They have been known to expire at some point and you have a 20 year old car.

Viper Specialty
07-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Check list:

1. Power at PCM C1 [Black/Black] pin #2 and #22 w/Key-On?

*IF YES*

2. Ground at PCM C1 [Black/Black] #31/#32?

*IF YES*

3. ASD Relay Self-Test on Key On?

*IF NO*

4. Fuel Pump Relay Prime on Key-On?

*IF NO*

5. Alarm Light Steady On Dash?

*IF YES*

6. Able to connect OBD-2 Port to Scan Tool and read codes?

*IF NO*

PCM is toast. The old PCM's especially are becoming more sensitive to Jump Starting, dead batteries, voltage surges, etc as they age... you sound like a textbook failure.