PDA

View Full Version : NY/CT 2014 Planning Meeting 2/23 @ Tators

ViperTony
01-30-2014, 11:35 AM
We're holding our annual event planning meeting on Sunday February 23rd at Tator's Garage in South Salem, NY. This meeting is open to all NY/CT VOA members. Come join us as we organize our 2014 event schedule and budget. We welcome your input. Chuck will be graciously offering some breakfast foods and it has been rumored that deviled eggs may make an appearance. Come find out. :p Plum, if you're coming let us know in advance so we can shore up the deviled eggs.

What: 2014 NY/CT Planning Meeting
Where: Tator's Garage
Time: 10am

If you plan on attending and/or are interested in helping plan events for the club or have suggestions/ideas please let us know. This year, we're taking a new approach on event directors. We're implement a buddy system. For CT, Upstate NY, NYC, Long Island and other areas of our region we're looking for 2-3 volunteers to cover each area. If you're interested, we'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Tony, Chuck, Ed and Mike

Anonymous
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm in, just let me know how I can help,Mario

pony23
01-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Im in too. See you guys there.

I keep hearing about these deviled eggs. I will have to see what all this hoopla is all about.

Anonymous
01-30-2014, 08:51 PM
One word,wasabi.

dbow119
02-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Over the river and through the woods to the Viper Wizard's garage we go! I might look like I'm half asleep when I get there since I have to work til midnight the night before and have a 3 hour drive, but I'll be there!

GhostStalker27
02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
I plan to be there!

ViperTony
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Excellent. And more good news: We're planning on having special SRT guests in NY in April. Stay tuned! :D This would be the first time in the history of NY/CT that would offer an event with the manufacturer. :D Also, we're contemplating going back to Limerock Park again for the Auto Cross. Everyone had a blast there last year.

dbow119
02-08-2014, 01:20 PM
April is the New York International Auto Show with SRT on the third floor so I'm sure there will be a lot of great representatives there. I hope they're going to reveal a roadster version for the SRT Viper. The coupes are nice, but I like to get a sunburn when I drive (haha).

pony23
02-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Limerock would be great. My job had me working there a few times on the infield area. I wanted to take a rip around it everyday that I was there.

ViperTony
02-10-2014, 01:40 PM
April is the New York International Auto Show with SRT on the third floor so I'm sure there will be a lot of great representatives there. I hope they're going to reveal a roadster version for the SRT Viper. The coupes are nice, but I like to get a sunburn when I drive (haha).

Yes and we're planning something a 'lil special that weekend. :D

SlateEd
02-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Limerock would be great. My job had me working there a few times on the infield area. I wanted to take a rip around it everyday that I was there.

Pony, looking forward to meeting you this season. You will definitely enjoy ripping around the autocross track at LRP this year! The infield track is the best way to do autocross - it's like a road course in miniature instead of a parking lot obstacle course :-)

pony23
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Pony, looking forward to meeting you this season. You will definitely enjoy ripping around the autocross track at LRP this year! The infield track is the best way to do autocross - it's like a road course in miniature instead of a parking lot obstacle course :-)

I hate the parking lots, ugh!!!! Best Autocross that I have done so far was at Ft. Devens AFB in MA. They used the closed air strip for a course. Long runs were great for my heavy Mustang Cobra that I was driving at that time.

ViperTony
02-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Just a week away for our planning 2/23 at Tator's Garage @ 10am. Be there early or miss out on deviled eggs. We need a rough headcount so Chuck can whip up enough deviled eggs. Please RSVP here if you plan on attending. We have some exciting news regarding a few of our events. You'll want to block off April 19th on your calendars. :D

:dancingman:

pythonpete
02-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm going to try and stop by on Sunday if my daughter isn't born yet. No need to make me any food, I'll come with my son and he has the attention span of a gnat. (So it's just like hanging out with Jon)

ViperTony
02-17-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm going to try and stop by on Sunday if my daughter isn't born yet. No need to make me any food, I'll come with my son and he has the attention span of a gnat. (So it's just like hanging out with Jon)

LMAO. No problem Pete, love to see you there but if not we completely understand. PS, tell Jon he's welcome to attend. :D

Helo Steve
02-17-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm in, see you guys at 10!

Just started the car up in the garage tonight, can't wait to drive in the spring!

Grave Digger
02-19-2014, 06:43 AM
I'll be there. See you then.

NJDAVE
02-19-2014, 09:52 AM
I was just told about this meeting from Gjon at PowerPlant Motor Sports. I will be there. I look forward to meeting all of you guys. I think the NY/CT region should include New Jersey since we are all so close. Any thoughts ?

ViperTony
02-19-2014, 10:39 AM
I was just told about this meeting from Gjon at PowerPlant Motor Sports. I will be there. I look forward to meeting all of you guys. I think the NY/CT region should include New Jersey since we are all so close. Any thoughts ?

Gjon said he would try to attend. We're working with him to line up a couple of dyno days at his shop this year. NJ (any VOA region for that matter) is always welcome to our events. I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. We have a couple of big events to announce. :fpopcorn:

NJDAVE
02-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Thank you Scott. I did not receive an invite to this event? That is why I mentioned having NY/NJ/CT in one tri-state region? Just a suggestion.

GhostStalker27
02-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Thank you Scott. I did not receive an invite to this event? That is why I mentioned having NY/NJ/CT in one tri-state region? Just a suggestion.

That's a good point but the same could be said about CT not being part of the New England region (since it is in NE). I'd imagine this dilemma pertains to a lot of regions around the country... I don't know the correct answer but I'm sure there's no easy or right one. I'm new to VOA and owning a Viper in general - maybe one of the senior members can shed light on why it's the way it is.

NJDAVE
02-19-2014, 12:33 PM
That's a good point but the same could be said about CT not being part of the New England region (since it is in NE). I'd imagine this dilemma pertains to a lot of regions around the country... I don't know the correct answer but I'm sure there's no easy or right one. I'm new to VOA and owning a Viper in general - maybe one of the senior members can shed light on why it's the way it is.
I guess there is no correct answer for entire country. For me the NY/CT chapter is more active & has allot of events that I will attend. Also there are no real good viper shops in NJ for extensive work that I know of. So I would be more inclined to be part of the NY/CT chapter.

ViperTony
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Spoke with Chuck this morning and we think we're looking at 17-20 people attend our planning meeting on Sunday. Deviled Eggs will be there and thank you the members that are bringing refreshments, food, etc. :dude3:

ViperTony
Mario
Pony23
Derek
Chuck
Ed
Steve K
Helo Steve
Pete + 1 (maybe)
Grave Digger
NJ Dave
Skeeter
Steve D
Gjon (Plus Zero Motor Sports)

Powerplant Motorsports
02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
Hey Tony me and Steven Dipalo will be coming over. See you guys at 10. Thanks for the invite also.

ViperTony
02-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey Tony me and Steven Dipalo will be coming over. See you guys at 10. Thanks for the invite also.

Done. Thanks!

ViperTony
02-21-2014, 12:08 PM
ViperTony
Mario
Pony23
Derek
Chuck
Ed
Steve K
Helo Steve
Pete + 1 (maybe)
Grave Digger
NJ Dave
Skeeter
Steve D
Gjon (Plus Zero Motor Sports)
Steve S.

pony23
02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Looks like I will have to back out. Had a tragic death in the family this week. Now going to a wake that day.

I definitely want to be kept in the loop on stuff and I am willing to help out in my area. Catch up with you guys another time under better circumstances. Thanks

dbow119
02-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, I may not be able to make it as I am feeling under the weather. I will see how I feel in the morning considering Tator's Garage is a 3 hour ride away for me, but for now I'm out. If you don't see me tomorrow, please keep me up to date as to what is going on as I would like to help out in my area.

VIPER BAZ UK
02-23-2014, 08:26 AM
I hope there Deviled eggs !!!???

Viper Wizard
02-23-2014, 11:32 AM
There sure is.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo4_zpsf8740759.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo3_zpsfda41d73.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo2_zpsa57467c8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo1_zps056ba7e6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo33_zpscd44e378.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/02VIPER/photo13_zpseadcb58b.jpg

pony23
02-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow, that was a lot of eggs!!!! If you could capture all the natural gas in that room you could heat the place for a year.

dbow119
02-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm sad I missed this...

ViperTony
02-23-2014, 09:55 PM
A great big thank you to Chuck for hosting our meeting this morning. Chuck put out quite the spread! We won't ask Chuck how he got all of those beads. :very_drunk: Great turnout!!! You guys rock! We'll put the caledar up tomorrow (sorry, got home late tonight). We have an exciting year planned!!!

In case Chuck ran out of eggs he had these guys on stand by outside. He wasn't joking. He had a pot of 15w-50 heated to 350 degrees to fry them with. Chuck's Water Chicken Cooking Tip: Lay a trail of bread crumbs leading up to the pot. Stuff them in head first, upside down. He says it helps them cook tender and juicy. Remember, 15w50 oil.

Anonymous
02-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Tony is that synthetic or regular oil?

Viper Wizard
02-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Tony is that synthetic or regular oil?

Regular oil. :smilielol:

Helo Steve
02-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Nice to put a face to some of the names! Chuck's made a deviled egg believer out of me... Thanks for the accommodations and look forward to spring events!