PDA

View Full Version : Borla 2 muffler exhaust sound

Boosted Motorsports
06-26-2017, 09:49 AM
Took a few quick clips of my exhaust over the weekend. For anyone interested or still undecided between the Corsa & Borla debate here is what this sounds like :cool:

https://youtu.be/C5v5un_mmbU

Geronimo
06-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a popcorn maker, as does mine lol. J/K

Boosted Motorsports
06-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a popcorn maker, as does mine lol. J/K

Haha I love the backfire popping noise!

Horsepower junkie
06-26-2017, 05:25 PM
As I have always said after market exhaust just makes the bad notes louder.

Geronimo
06-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Haha I love the backfire popping noise!
It has more kick when you dump the cats and install headers.

BrianACR
06-27-2017, 12:14 PM
That sounds pretty good! I love the popping backfiring sounds. Always drive with the windows open :)

Boosted Motorsports
06-27-2017, 12:21 PM
It has more kick when you dump the cats and install headers.

I don't like cats only dogs. ;)

Headers are still stock though but at least they are the newer tubular style GEN II.

99RT10
06-27-2017, 12:30 PM
If anybody is looking for one, check the classifieds:

https://driveviper.com/classifieds/exhaust/p2034-borla-3-26quot-3b-exhaust-2c-gen-2-2c-great-shape.html

Lemay88
06-27-2017, 02:39 PM
I have the borla cat back system but do not sound like this (well, not that much popping).
Do you still have the stock cats???

SlowPoke McGee
06-27-2017, 02:46 PM
If anybody is looking for one, check the classifieds:

https://driveviper.com/classifieds/exhaust/p2034-borla-3-26quot-3b-exhaust-2c-gen-2-2c-great-shape.html

Is there anything you DON'T have for sale? :lol2:

Anyways, that Borla sounded awesome. Is that with stock cats in place? Also where did you pick up the Borla's, if you'd be at liberty to say?

98RedGTS
06-27-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't think you can post links but you can get them new for a tad over $1100 shipped in the US via some quick google searching.

I really love mine. It does drone at 1500 RPM but that's really the only RPM I'm getting any drone at. I do have a custom X-pipe in the rear for mine. I was rolling without cats the past several months but put them back on as I got tired of the stink from driving with the windows down even after getting my car tuned. I didn't notice much difference in sound with and without HF cats.

BrianACR
06-27-2017, 03:12 PM
Cats are so over-rated lol
Got rid of mine and the resonator in the side sill. Made a huge difference in heat. And it sounds much better too!!

Boosted Motorsports
06-27-2017, 04:31 PM
I have the borla cat back system but do not sound like this (well, not that much popping).
Do you still have the stock cats???

I don't have any felines. More of a dog person ;)

Is there anything you DON'T have for sale? :lol2:

Anyways, that Borla sounded awesome. Is that with stock cats in place? Also where did you pick up the Borla's, if you'd be at liberty to say?

See above. I got my Borla for about $700 shipped new from a closeout sale. Needless to say I'm happy for the price I paid :D

I don't think you can post links but you can get them new for a tad over $1100 shipped in the US via some quick google searching.

I really love mine. It does drone at 1500 RPM but that's really the only RPM I'm getting any drone at. I do have a custom X-pipe in the rear for mine. I was rolling without cats the past several months but put them back on as I got tired of the stink from driving with the windows down even after getting my car tuned. I didn't notice much difference in sound with and without HF cats.

I can second this. The car is damn loud though so I think it all just mixes together. Plus with my 3.73 everything the speed at which this happens has moved but anything under 2krpm the car is reasonably quiet.

drewsss
06-27-2017, 09:08 PM
I don't have any felines. More of a dog person ;)

See above. I got my Borla for about $700 shipped new from a closeout sale. Needless to say I'm happy for the price I paid :D

I can second this. The car is damn loud though so I think it all just mixes together. Plus with my 3.73 everything the speed at which this happens has moved but anything under 2krpm the car is reasonably quiet.

I third this. Love the drone and overall sound...very unrefined, especially when you punch it.

98RedGTS
06-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Boosted, do you recall at what RPM the drone moved to with the 3.73's? I've been thinking of adding some to my car in the near future. I would have thought the drone would have still been at the same RPM but it sounds like it moved on you but I may be interpreting what you said wrong.

Reading it again it sounds like you are saying the speed moved (makes sense), so just confirming, the main drone is still at about 1500 rpm?

BrianACR
06-28-2017, 01:05 PM
The drone has to do with the resonant frequencies in the car at specific RPM, so it should always be at that RPM and not based on the speed you're travelling. My car has a drone at 2k RPM regardless of what gear I am in. So yes, 98RedGTS, you are right about changing gears not changing the rpm the drone happens at.