PDA

View Full Version : CAAP closing ceremony Caravan

ViperPete
06-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey everyone

Chloe and I are likely going to drive the Viper to CAAP. The plan is to leave Florida on August 10th in the late morning. Stop halfway to get dinner and stay in a hotel, then finish the trip on Friday. Then leave Sunday late morning and finish the trip Monday. In order to avoid Atlanta traffic we'll take I 95 route unless anyone has another secret way to head north. Maybe we could meet up with the Jax crew? And possibly some others as we head north.

Who here is interested in attending? Lets get a list going. I also created an event on Facebook that you can use to show if you are going. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/123467024916798/?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%222%22%2C%22ref_dashboar d_filter%22%3A%22hosting%22%2C%22action_history%22 %3A%22

Peter and Chloe

Szeszko02GTSGA
06-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Hi Peter,
I'm planning on going but thinking I'll rent a trailer. Going through Atlanta isn't bad, just depends on the time of day. As the date gets closer I'm going to see how many of our GA members are going. I'll post updates on our plans and if don't meet on the road then in Detroit for sure.

ViperPete
06-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Hi Peter,
I'm planning on going but thinking I'll rent a trailer. Going through Atlanta isn't bad, just depends on the time of day. As the date gets closer I'm going to see how many of our GA members are going. I'll post updates on our plans and if don't meet on the road then in Detroit for sure.

Sounds great! Thanks

cpinfdp
06-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Made the trip back when I moved back from Michigan. There are some choices switchbacks in NC and eastern Tennessee we had the misfortune? of driving through in the middle of the night when Google was trying to get us to Greenville. It wasn't as fun in the loaded up Flex as it would be in the snake, enjoy the drive. I feel like 75 traffic is hit or miss, you might get lucky and avoid the bad stuff, either way would probably work out.

If I wasn't driving up to SC the following weekend, I would definitely join the caravan! I called the plant when I was in MI two weeks ago, unfortunately, had to have 10 people to take a tour and it was just the 3 of us; feel sad I'll never have the chance to see the facility in person, make sure you take plenty of pics.

Szeszko02GTSGA
06-26-2017, 06:29 PM
lots of pics will be taken and posted.