PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

01sapphirebob
06-23-2017, 07:18 PM
Ive got a bit of a problem. Ive got a member that may be having a water pump issue with his 2000 GTS. Stranded on the side of the road right now near I 71 & I 75. Does anyone have a pump locally? Please let me know. Any assistance would be appreciated. Email me at weilandfrk@hotmail.com

01sapphirebob
06-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Looks like we may have a pump on the way...

01sapphirebob
06-24-2017, 06:11 AM
At about 2:30 this morning the car came to life and the cooling issues disappeared thanks to a nes water pump. Thank you to all who are offered help.

Steve-Indy
06-24-2017, 06:13 AM
Pump should have arrived last night via Uber driver. Once again, Tom Sessions made the connections to help "a Viper down". I hope all works out well.

ENJOY your adventure !!

Rich
06-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Steve we owe you and Tom a a great deal of gratitude for finding us the water pump we needed late on a Friday night. You guys took time out of your evening to help a Viper owner you've never met. I don't think most people know the dedication you guys have for the Viper family.
After a long night our adventure went on without a hitch.
Thank you guys again!!!!!

Steve-Indy
06-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Rich. As I noted above, Tom Sessions is ALWAYS helping Viper owners...night and day. He is a great friend, and "Viper Nation Treasure !!

Congrats to your group for the quick and correct diagnosis...AND successful repair under less than ideal circumstances.

Best regards to you and your group !!!

VenomousOne
06-25-2017, 07:20 PM
After an eventful weekend my wife and I are back in Cleveland. That may not have been possible without the help of a tight knit viper community. Back story for anyone that stumbles upon this thread: There was a small group of the Western Reserve region on a convoy from PA to Frankfort KY for the Bourbon Trail event. We had miserable weather all day long without any breaks in the rain. After we left the last rest stop before our final push into Frankfurt my 2000 GTS started to overheat. I instantly cut the engine and coasted to a nearby gas station. The whole group followed behind. While my wife frantically tried to figure out how we were going to get the car back home the guys got on the phone and called everyone they could think of from parts stores to viper techs. After a great deal of phone calls and diagnostic tests (in a gas station car wash) we came to the conclusion that my water pump had failed.
After a long day of driving the guys would still not let me give up. They received great advice from Tom Sessions and found maybe the only viper water pump within a 200 mile radius. With the help of Steve Fess and a very kind uber driver we got a very hard to find water pump from Indianapolis to our hotel in Frankfort. The car was towed there and with approval from a very kind hotel manager at Fairfeild Inn we were able to tear apart the car right in front of the hotel lobby and get this water pump installed. The guys (and wives) were up until 2am until this car was running again. It was truly a team effort. I have never seen a group come together like this. This was a great testament of the strength of the viper community. Thanks again to all that were involved. I obviously COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU. -Nick Glaude

Stretch
07-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Tom and Steve are two of the best people ever. Thank you very much for all the help that evening!!

I also want to thank Matt "shine" for offering his garage that evening in case we needed extra tools or if the hotel was not as accommodating of the midnight repair.

This is why the Viper community is priceless and extremely awesome!

mackzilla
07-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Really cool story guys, well-done. I wish I had seen this thread. I have a NIB g2 waterpump and am a straight shot down 71 to where you guys ended up.