PDA

View Full Version : Coupe gas cap paint or powder coat

Vprbite
06-19-2017, 04:45 PM
What have people done for the gas cap? Was thinking of doing mine in black. I know powdercoat for durability but it is a bit thicker and I wondered if that interferes with its functioning or if it works just fine.

mxmike27
06-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Just had mine powder coated bronze 2 months ago and it came out perfect. I took it apart before I brought it to
the shop. Works great.

Stealth78
06-19-2017, 06:45 PM
I want to do mine in black too. If I did bronze nobody would be able to tell me and Mike apart at the New England events ( I think that's who you are anyway). In all seriousness I want to do black SWII wheels and the shiny gas cover is going to have to go. Mike where did you say you got yours done? I know there was a thread in the GenV section that warned people to make sure your powder coating company does not do the inside or else it may not close properly.

Stealth78
06-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Mike, I assume that's your car on Ebay??? Why you selling?

Vprbite
06-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Just had mine powder coated bronze 2 months ago and it came out perfect. I took it apart before I brought it to
the shop. Works great.

Cool, thanks!

mxmike27
06-30-2017, 07:22 AM
Stealth, I had mine done at Precision Powdercoating in Portland Maine. I've had 2 sets of wheels done by them. very happy with their work.
I was going to sell my car to get a low mileage ACR. I'm glad it didn't sell because I was already having sellers remorse.

Stealth78
06-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Stealth, I had mine done at Precision Powdercoating in Portland Maine. I've had 2 sets of wheels done by them. very happy with their work.
I was going to sell my car to get a low mileage ACR. I'm glad it didn't sell because I was already having sellers remorse.

Good! There aren't many SSG's around and if you sell yours I won't be able to point the finger elsewhere anymore! :D