PDA

View Full Version : NJMP Millville NJ VIPER Track Day

TaxKingNJ
06-14-2017, 01:01 PM
I am organizing a VIPER ONLY Track day, this will be on a MEMBER Day at NJMP.

We can only have 7 Vipers attend each day total.

Here is the Date!

NJMP Drivers Club Member Day -Friday September 22

Please Respond with...

Full Name:
Car:
Driver Experience:
Choices for Dates:
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Here are the day details...

Cost: $300

Track Day Schedule:
8:00 AM Breakfast the the Clubhouse
9:00 AM Registration & Tech
10:00 AM Mandatory Drivers Meeting
10:30 AM Track Goes Hot

Classes:
Green - Novice Drivers with little or no experience will sign up for this group. The Green Group is a beginner group with plenty of classroom instruction and these drivers will be behind the NJMP Pace Car while on track.
Blue - Only NJMP Members are eligible for this group. This group is for those moving up from Green into the Intermediate Group. The Blue Group requires you to have an instructor in the car with you at all times.
White - Intermediate Drivers with proof of experience.
Red - Advanced Drivers with proof of experience.
Yellow - Open Wheel and Spec Racer Cars

http://www.njmp.com

str5010
06-14-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm in the PA region but was forwarded your email by a friend. My track budget is nearly exhausted but was going to respond to the email in case I was allowed to tag along and I could squeeze one more event in depending on the final date.

turbos7903
06-16-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm in. I am a member there anyway. Just let me know what day you choose. I drive the Grey ACR with the Red stripe.
Jon Walton in Delaware
I don't care what date you choose
Red Run Group ( instructor corp at NJMP)

TaxKingNJ
06-23-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm in the PA region but was forwarded your email by a friend. My track budget is nearly exhausted but was going to respond to the email in case I was allowed to tag along and I could squeeze one more event in depending on the final date.

Will Keep you Posted on Dates!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in. I am a member there anyway. Just let me know what day you choose. I drive the Grey ACR with the Red stripe.
Jon Walton in Delaware
I don't care what date you choose
Red Run Group ( instructor corp at NJMP)

Great will keep you posted!

TaxKingNJ
09-05-2017, 02:38 PM
NJMP Millville NJ VIPER Track Day

I am organizing a VIPER ONLY Track day, this will be on a MEMBER Day at NJMP.

We can only have 7 Vipers attend each day total.

Here is the Date!

NJMP Drivers Club Member Day -Friday September 22

Dr.Ron
09-05-2017, 04:36 PM
I hope to know that I can make it soon Joe!
Great job setting everything up!

Ron

TaxKingNJ
09-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

The VIPER TRACK day is this Friday September 22nd 2017.

There is a limit of 7 VIPERS we have 5 in attendance, 2 Spots left.

The Fee is $300

Please Email/ DM me back if you would like to participate.

TaxKingNJ
09-28-2017, 09:10 AM
September 22, 2017 the NJ VOA organized a VIPER TRACK DAY. This was held at NJ Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. Sitting on more than 500 acres in Millville, N.J., New Jersey Motorsports Park is the premier motorsports entertainment complex in the Northeast. NJMP is conveniently located near Philadelphia and New York City, offering diverse and dynamic attractions. The Park includes two world-class road courses: Thunderbolt and Lightning, and a motorsports country club membership program known as the Drivers Club.

*New Jersey Motorsports Park was recently voted one of Top 5 Favorite Racetracks and #2 Road Course in Speed Sport Magazine

The NJ VOA could join in on a Member Day as President Joe Boscia worked with Track Manager Don Fauerbach to organize the event.

The day started with a full complimentary breakfast for all drivers and guests at 8am sharp. After fueling up our body, everyone had their vehicles Tech & Registered. There were 3 classes available from Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. All the Drivers from the NJ VOA were in the Intermediate & Advanced Driving classes. At 10am sharp there is a mandatory Driver’s Meeting where the Professional Drivers go over the Track Rules, Flag Meanings, Safety and Tips to driving on their Track.

The NJ VOA strapped on their helmets and started their engines on the signature Thunderbolt Raceway. This is the southern road circuit at New Jersey Motorsports featuring 2.25 miles of asphalt, 12 challenging turns, a one-half mile straightway and approximately 40 acres of full service paddock space. Amenities on this circuit include concession buildings, event garages, twenty (20) VIP Suites, banquet rooms, and a three (3) story timing tower with media center.

Each Class is given a 25 minutes Session to be on the track at a time. In the morning two sessions it was more educational with learning the track and how the Vipers performed. It was very helpful to have Advanced Drivers such as George Lankas and Ron Leader in attendance to give extra education to the intermediate Viper Drivers.

Two sessions down for every class and it is time for lunch. NJ Motorsports park supplied us with a full buffet lunch which included steak, salmon, chicken, pasta, salad and Dessert!

Back to the Thunderbolt Raceway our bodies and Vipers were fueled up again and ready to race! The afternoon sessions are much faster paced as you have some seat time with your Viper on the track from the morning. George and Ron both saw improvements in all the intermediate drivers such as Joe Boscia, Tyler Mercer, Thomas Mak, and Fred Mascoveto!

NJ Motorsports Park is a great place for all levels of Drivers, and the NJ VOA will 100% be attending again most likely partnering with its neighbor regions!

TaxKingNJ
09-28-2017, 09:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3hlNbXA9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jicqjdw5qyI

Some Videos!

Dr.Ron
09-28-2017, 11:01 AM
It was a great day and nice pics Joe. Thanks for setting it up. Thanks to George as well.
Here's one of my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jicqjdw5qyI&t=226s