PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problems

pipedr22
01-28-2014, 12:50 PM
My 1994 Viper runs like crap.
I am told it needs a new fuel pump module
I have been trying to get the gas tank out through the trunk, but the fill pipe won't let it come out.
How can I make this happen?

95Viper
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
siphon gas out of tank,,,, unbolt and pull out fill tube. I also removed left rear tire, removed left rear inner panel so I could easily access filter to disconnect it too..... by having that access you can also use something to help pry the tank rearward,,,, I had to do this cause the tank, being plastic had changed its shape a little and needed a little coaxing to squeeze thru the hole,,,, if you have all things unhooked, disconnected, straps off IT WILL come out just gotta help it,,, I used my sons hockey stick as it fit perfect,,, i'm sure I looked stupid doing it but in and out ,,,, badda bing badda boom,,,,, good luck finding a new module,,,, probably cost more than the car. If you just need a sending unit I can tell which one I used to have gauge work like new....

XSnake
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
PM Moparboyy. He's a Viper Tech and did one of these about a month ago. He hated it IIRC

pipedr22
01-29-2014, 03:48 PM
I looked at taking the rear panel off and saw the rivets attaching it to the fender and I said to my self no way.
I syphoned about 12 gallons out of the tank and wiggled it around a bit but the fill pipe was in my way.
I decided to move the car to the other side of the garage (2-car) where I could work on it easier and guess what.
The car started and run just great. Was there something in the tank that my syphon hose hit? I don't know.
So right now I am good.
Thanks anyway

Coloviper
01-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Maybe your check valve dislodged?