PDA

View Full Version : Loking to get a spare key for 2009 SRT10

Shalviin
06-06-2017, 10:44 PM
When I purchased the vehicle, I thought I only got 1 set of keys. While rummaging through the factory car cover, I found another set of keys. But they look totally different from the other set (the key 'teeth' portion) and when I follow programming instructions to program it to my car it doesnt work. I have changed batteries out. So i am giving up on this second set and am looking to buy a set. Do you guys have recommendations? Do the ebay ones work as well as the dealer ones? I know I will get a blank from ebay and would have it cut to my car's specs. Dealer might do all that for me. Thanks for the input!!

Doug Nash
06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Shalviin,

I just went through this two weeks ago with my 2010 purchase. One set only. I do not know what dealers do with the second keys. Even on new cars they lose them. I bought a OEM Viper key and fob from the viper store. Fob was easy to program at home as long as you have one working one. My local locksmith wanted $90 to cut the key; I called my local Dodge dealer and after showing them the registration for ownership and VIN verification they cut it in 5 minutes for no charge.

Shalviin
06-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Thank you! I will try that route today.

Shalviin,

I just went through this two weeks ago with my 2010 purchase. One set only. I do not know what dealers do with the second keys. Even on new cars they lose them. I bought a OEM Viper key and fob from the viper store. Fob was easy to program at home as long as you have one working one. My local locksmith wanted $90 to cut the key; I called my local Dodge dealer and after showing them the registration for ownership and VIN verification they cut it in 5 minutes for no charge.