PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding SCT X3 for Gen2

Rxmfn7
06-03-2017, 12:48 AM
Hey all,
So I had purchased an SCT X3 tuner for my 2000 GTS about a year ago. It came with a preloaded tune for my mods at the time. Now that Im wrapping up a heads/cam install, I was emailed a "base" tune that should be able to get me around until a dyno appt is set up. So, I am now attempting to load this program onto my SCT tuner. There is an install CD that came with the tuner, but when I load it there is a "select your vehicle make" tab, and under dodge it does not even list an X3. Only an X2. I tabbed through the ford and GM options, and while there is X3 options, there is not this specific model, which is the 3200. So, I'm kinda stuck on the very first step which is even getting the software on my laptop to be able connect to the device. I was going to contact SCT, but its Friday evening and Id like to get the tune on my car over the weekend, so I thought maybe someone here may possibly be able to help. Thanks

dave6666
06-03-2017, 07:21 AM
Can I say, you're doing it all wrong?

You need to download SCT Device Updater. That is the software that will communicate with the SCT and enable you to load and delete tunes from the SCT. Use the CD for a drink coaster.

The other tricky part is ensuring your tuner exported the tune from SCT ProRacer in the correct format for the X3. As opposed to an X2 or X4.

Rxmfn7
06-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Ok, I'll give that a go thank you. I was aware that I needed the updater program, but I had assumed that it was an add-on to a bar program from the cd.

dave6666
06-03-2017, 10:38 AM
No, the download is actually the correct program. Not sure what the CD is for short of protecting fine furniture on game night. I've never used it in 10+ years of SCT tuning.

BTW, the first time you go to use the SCT with your laptop your OS may want to install drivers. I have Win7 on my laptop and although it doesn't actually install any drivers I still had to go through the motions. From then on out it will not repeat that; just the once.

Skolnick89
09-21-2018, 04:32 PM
Have 98 GTS with mods.

Anyway to tell if tuned?

Which one to buy?

Any dyno shops NJ?