PDA

View Full Version : Poly bushings engine mounts arrived Benefits

03evoIII
06-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Hi All,
Probably not the funnest thread, but I figured I would post it as I'm curious to what benefits others have experienced with upgraded engine mounts. I purchased from polybushings.com for $150. I'm not sure mine are trashed, but my car does have 40K miles on it so I figured its time. Also I just replaced my trans mount with a poly one and billet cross member so I think this will compliment that as well. The owner of polybushings told me that I should try to create a better heat shield if possible vs what OEM has provided. I'll have to get creative but don't think it will be too hard to make some. I'll post a pic of what I come up with.

pic!!

dave6666
06-02-2017, 01:48 PM
If your new mounts made it 40K miles I would hardly say they were defective like you suggest by calling the new ones an upgrade. They are simply different. Matter of fact some people don't like them and take them back out to put OEM ones back in. Would that be a... downgrade then?

BTW, the OEM heat shields also work just fine. No reason to throw them away just because they are OEM. I use them on my supercharged car in the miserable TX summer heat.

98RedGTS
06-02-2017, 03:56 PM
If you want to buy vs make - http://www.viperpartsusa.com/catFrame.php?prodCat=9D

I bought some new factory style mounts for my car to change out as preventative maintenance. Just working up the courage to try and install them. Saw a couple videos that turned into some fun times for the installers with rusted bolts. I'll have to do some research to see the best way to install as well when not using a lift.

lmn
06-02-2017, 11:00 PM
The link to viperpartsusa shows pictures of two different mounts. The picture below looks like Woodhouse mounts, the picture above looks more like polybushings mounts. Maybe someone can enlighten us on the difference in quality, the difference in price is obvious. Like Dave said "some people don't like them" turns their Vipers into rolling Viprators.

steve911
06-04-2017, 12:22 PM
VPUSA is the manufacturer of the Woodhouse Mounts. The photo may look skewed but they offer only one style.