PDA

View Full Version : Brass Monkey ACR Wheels

One Viper Bite
05-31-2017, 01:56 AM
Anyone know of any vendors that carry OEM Brass Monkey ACR wheels and what pricing looks like?

Was unable to find anything in the forums.

Thanks in advance!

sharmut
05-31-2017, 02:12 AM
Check with JonB @ partsrack, he had access to the normal ACR wheels.

Speed Merchant
05-31-2017, 06:32 AM
Your local dealer should be able to get them. I bought a spare set from the dealer that sold me my car. I can tel you exact numbers when I get to work.

edit: The rears were $1,386.00 each, and the fronts were 1,333.00 each. It took 4 days to get them.

SRTViperSD
05-31-2017, 09:46 AM
Anyone know of any vendors that carry OEM Brass Monkey ACR wheels and what pricing looks like?

Was unable to find anything in the forums.

Thanks in advance!

Check Craigslist religiously if the OEM prices seem to be to high. You can occasionally find take-off ACR wheels. May have to refinish them but it's a source.

One Viper Bite
05-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Your local dealer should be able to get them. I bought a spare set from the dealer that sold me my car. I can tel you exact numbers when I get to work.

edit: The rears were $1,386.00 each, and the fronts were 1,333.00 each. It took 4 days to get them.

Thanks for the pricing info! Much appreciated!

Martin
05-31-2017, 10:43 AM
If they've got too many extras when CAAP finishes production, I'll wager that we see them being sold at a discount. Might be wrong about that though - I wasn't sure about ordering them but once I saw them in person, they're a lot nicer than expected. Demand may be pretty high for cars that have colors that would go good with those wheels.

ACRSNK
05-31-2017, 12:06 PM
Brass Monkey wheels look waaaaaay better in person than they do in pics.

Martin
05-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Brass Monkey wheels look waaaaaay better in person than they do in pics.

Agreed - and that's why there "may" be a bunch of extras available soon. Late availability, and then ordering shut down before there were many of them out there in the wild.

When I had my car in the build process, I asked if anything like the wing or the brass monkey wheels were holding things up, and they said they had a ton of the wheels. I had never seen them in person before ordering, and paying $1100 for a different paint job on wheels was almost a no-go for me. But, I'm glad I got them - they look really nice.

SharpMan
05-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Is that possible with all the on-demand parts ordering?

Agreed - and that's why there "may" be a bunch of extras available soon. Late availability, and then ordering shut down before there were many of them out there in the wild.

When I had my car in the build process, I asked if anything like the wing or the brass monkey wheels were holding things up, and they said they had a ton of the wheels. I had never seen them in person before ordering, and paying $1100 for a different paint job on wheels was almost a no-go for me. But, I'm glad I got them - they look really nice.

Martin
05-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Is that possible with all the on-demand parts ordering?

Honestly don't know for sure... I do remember back in 2010 when there was a flood of wheels for cheap right when production stopped. It could be different with the brass monkey wheels, though - they probably made a lot of the bare ACR wheels and then finished them at the last minute. But, again, I don't know for sure.

Scott_in_fl
05-31-2017, 01:58 PM
They had to have known with enough advance notice (i.e. a year or two) that production would be ending on 8/31/17, would have known approximately how many ACR cars could be built within the remaining time frame, and likely had enough lead to adjust ordering. I know they've had stock in the past when production was discontinued, but it may not be as plentiful this time around due to better JIT ordering programs.

SharpMan
05-31-2017, 03:11 PM
Well I'd imagine that production numbers were set in September when they closed the order books.

ACRucrazy
05-31-2017, 04:26 PM
That funky monkey

Martin2000GTS
05-31-2017, 05:24 PM
the green and the brass look awesome!!! I cant wait to get mine!

ViperDC
06-01-2017, 08:34 AM

if you have your car post up some pics!

ACRSNK
06-01-2017, 08:51 AM
That SSG with the BM wheels looks fantastic!

ACRucrazy
06-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Thanks! I was unsure of the wheel choice for the last 10+ months when the order process was started! Now that I have the car I'm happy with the selection!

Scott_in_fl
06-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Perfection!

Purple Haze
06-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Just emailed my dealer for a cost I'll let you know what he said...May get another set of tires too so they will be easy to swap out back and forth! Should have ordered them from beginning but I was rushed before window closed in September and didn't think about them at that time...

Martin
06-03-2017, 02:17 PM
If I can find a set of standard black take-offs, I might keep the monkey's in storage. They do look cool, but it would be nice to have a spare set where I don't flip out getting scrubbed up.

Vipermann
06-03-2017, 10:53 PM
I may be interested for my Gen 4 as well. Would switch to sell my Forgeline set below (18x10; 19x12.5):

Bossing
06-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Love them Brass Monkeys... :D

Nine Ball
06-04-2017, 08:19 AM
They are nice wheels, but I can't believe some are paying over $1000/wheel for a rotary forged wheel. In that price range, CNC milled T6061 forged wheels are much higher quality and stronger, lighter. ACR wheels are very heavy, since they had to make the spoke sections very thick to handle the loads of an ACR - while using cast aluminum spokes.

Tony

Snorman
06-04-2017, 09:20 AM
They are nice wheels, but I can't believe some are paying over $1000/wheel for a rotary forged wheel. In that price range, CNC milled T6061 forged wheels are much higher quality and stronger, lighter. ACR wheels are very heavy, since they had to make the spoke sections very thick to handle the loads of an ACR - while using cast aluminum spokes.

Tony
Tony...not sure I ever posted it, but I bent a rear ACR wheel on track. Didn't hit anything, it was at Sebring so no real brutal curbings, never drove the wheel on the street. Alex went to mount a new set of rears for me and it was wobbling. Just FYI.
Also...do you have ANY idea of the BM paint code?
Thanks.
S.