PDA

View Full Version : To wrap or not to wrap

Mad Max
01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
I have Balanger headers and exhaust on my Gen II GTS. My Woodhouse mounts have started to melt. Also the bottom of air intake box for the a.c. and heater has signs of excess heat. Balangers website says not to wrap the headers. So has anyone wrapped their headers and have you noticed any negative side effects?

Hiss Highness
01-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Coloured jet coating looks pretty cool and keeps the heat in. Do u still have the motor mount covers/shields still? I kept my mount shields and modified the stock manifold shields but still have pretty high bay temps, would love to have a highly vented hood like the race style acrx's but not in budget this year, those mounts are pricey so hope u find a long term solution

SmoknTires
01-27-2014, 09:58 PM
I agree. Jet-hot ceramic coating is the way to go. Seals heat in everywhere and the system will look new for years to come.

Thawk97
01-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Aren't Belanger headers supposed to be cooler than stock? (I'm curious about this myself cause I have Belanger headers and I'm planning to go back to stock)

big-n-italian
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
my headers are ceramic coated. i see no need to wrap them.

SSGNRDZ_28
01-28-2014, 06:48 AM
I thought Bellangers were supposed to run 50% cooler than stock / stainless steel and were also already ceramic coated. I have heard a few stories like this that conflict with that information. It would be good to know if they actually reduce or raise the temp in the engine bay....

All of that aside I would agree with the ceramic coating as being the best route, although removal would be painful at this stage.

Mad Max
01-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Yes I still have the heat shields in place in the correct position. Also I do not have the OEM header heat shields. Not sure that they would even fit. I didn't notice the issues until after tracking the car. Thinking about getting the vented cowl to see if that helps.