PDA

View Full Version : Vert Top Care

F8L BIT3
05-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Greeting all! Wondering what everybody else is doing to clean and protect their rag tops. Mine is in decent shape and I rarely ever drive with it up, however I'd like to condition and protect it a couple times a year just to maintain it, and so when I do have it up, it looks as good as the car... So let's hear what your routine is!

ViperSRT
05-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Never did anything other than the occasional wash. I have had the hardtop on the last year so it is probably time to do it again.

City
05-23-2017, 01:54 PM
There's a few products out there that CLAIM to be "protective".

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Convertible_Top_Care_Kit_Cleaner_and_Protectant_p/hol_995.htm

I've used them, but without a baseline top to compare, I'd be hard pressed to say I didn't waste the $. They certainly never did any damage.

Junkman2008
05-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Most of the care that you can do in order to preserve a rag top is beyond your control. What I mean by that is that any cloth is not designed to sit outside for its entire life. That will wear any cloth out. If you could keep a rag top in a climate controlled area as you do the clothing that you wear, it would last a LOT longer. Since that's not possible for most folks, about the only thing you can do is clean it OFTEN with soap and water and protect it with Scotch Guard. Besides the elements, dirt is the number one destroyer of rag tops. It is also the number one destroyer of carpet.

daveg
05-24-2017, 06:02 AM
Get both Ragg Topp cleaner and protectant. They make a protectant for both vinyl and cloth tops. I use it on all my Verts....

plumcrazy
05-24-2017, 06:17 AM
wash it and store it in a garage

F8L BIT3
05-24-2017, 12:33 PM
yea... i'll probably pick up some scotchguard and do that... mine lives in a garage and top is rarely used except during washes and the occasional long drive (at the request of my wife) so the scotchgaurd should do the trick. I'll def hit the carpet too! Thanks for all the feedback.