PDA

View Full Version : Not good news for Schumacher.

Ohiotj
01-27-2014, 08:39 AM
This is not good for Michael. Hope things make a turn for the better fast. What a way for a man of his talents to go out.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/27/doctors-fear-michael-schumacher-may-remain-in-vegetative-state-f/

viperr
01-27-2014, 09:26 AM
That is sad news. He was retired and just starting to enjoy doing things he liked. Let's hope things change for the better.

City
01-27-2014, 09:37 AM
After 50 years of skiing, I finally broke down a bought a helmet after learning of this incident (notwithstanding the fact that MS WAS wearing a helmet at the time of injury). I feel for his family!

Bill Pemberton
01-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Really a tough situation for the individual many in the World consider the " Greatest Driver" ever. Considering all the accidents and risks he encountered in his superlative F1 career, this is a
situation that may make helmets mandatory for skiing, like the Hans device is for racing. Good to see , Scott, that you have purchased a helmet, as this illustrates how even that may not be
enough in certain cases. Have been following this constantly and appreciate others posting -- really devastating for his family and fans. Prayers and thoughts have not ceased Worldwide for
Schumacher and please consider him in yours?!

ACRucrazy
01-27-2014, 10:22 AM
He was wearing a helmet and it cracked during the accident. To crack a helmet I can't imagine what kind of impact that was.

BlknBlu
01-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Hoping for the best.

Bruce

big-n-italian
01-27-2014, 10:48 AM
its weird to think he was safer in an F-1 race car going 200 mph.

???

VYPR BYT
01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Very sad... almost a month now. :(

I snowboard with helmet and wrist-guards after I've injured both.
The helmets can only do so much. After certain speed is achieved, your brain still sloshes against the skull regardless if the helmet cracks or not... it's brain damage.
I nearly died in Breckenridge Colorado.

prayers going out for him and the family

ViperGTS
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
I went skiing for +40 years without helmet...until a faster guy overrun me from behind. I was not going slow. But he must have lost control.
Lots of sore body parts but no serious injury. Luck!!!
Next day, I bought a ski helmet - that's several years ago. No regrets.
+90% of skiers have helmets now.

Best wishes to Michael!

plumcrazy
01-27-2014, 11:54 AM
helmets in cars coming next i assume ?

Fatboy 18
01-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I ski in a Stetson Cowboy Hat which I bought in Denver many years ago :)

As for the source of that article, the Daily Mirror is NOT a accurate news paper.

I believe Michaels helmet cracked due to hitting a sharp edge of a rock, not hitting it bluntly.

There is no doubt Michael is in a very bad way, I really hope he can make a recovery from this but its going to be a long process.

Ohiotj
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM
One of the early reports said if he is able to come out of the coma he would not know who Michael Schumacher is. That would be scary to live threw as well. From what I heard he was not going fast but lost control after hitting a rock with his skis and then hit his head onto an other rock. Just the right amount of being in the wrong place at the wrong time added up to this. It is amazing to think how much his body has suffered in racing accidents and something like this may end up costing him his life. Hope he gets well and soon.

slitherv10
01-27-2014, 09:01 PM
I'd like to look at it in two separate ways.

One is that he has accomplished what many will never be able to do, live your life's dream.

On the other side of it I say its sad that he could not live the rest of his life with full attention to his wife and kids.

Either way, which ever way I look at it, I pray for him to recover, and for his family , strength and hope.

Ohiotj
01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Just read that the are removing him from his medically induced come. I hope that he jumps up outta bed and hugs his family. Then flicks off the docs for taking so long to let him wake up. This is his time to shine. Go get em champ!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/30/michael-schumacher-waking-up-process-started/

ViperGTS
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
The news are full of mis-information and BS...the doctors are NOT allowed to say anything.
Most news is pure speculation right now.

Just wait and see.

SPEEDY RECOVERY, MR. SCHUMACHER!!!

jwolf
01-30-2014, 01:39 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-blinked-as-doctors-move-to-end-coma/

City
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
That's great news. Hope it continues.

Now for the sake of the spin-off conversation, how much worse would his injuries have been IF he HADN'T been wearing a helmet!

I just ordered a new helmet for my daughter, as her's was now 4 years old.

Anonymous
01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
He is a superhuman ,I pray he will be ok.

Ohiotj
01-31-2014, 11:33 AM
This is in France from what I have heard. I don't know if they have the same rules as our health system has. Also hippa does allow some leeway about patient knowledge. For example we usually know what happens to sports athletes when they are injuried.

The news are full of mis-information and BS...the doctors are NOT allowed to say anything.
Most news is pure speculation right now.

Just wait and see.

SPEEDY RECOVERY, MR. SCHUMACHER!!!

Ohiotj
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Last I heard was Michael has not been giving any signs up progress. He has reflex responses but no controlled responses. They was reported by fox but they did say it is not an official update. Not sure what that means.
Hope he is able to still turn this around.