PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 sway bar

Hiss Highness
01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Tweaked the front sway bar in my GTS last fall, checked with my insurance company and they are going to cover a new one so am looking at some options on a new one. I have left numerous messages with VPA with no response so have given up on them, even went so far as to go to a local dealer for a new oil pan gasket($236 so not too horrible). Car is a 97 so are there better alternatives?(hollow,solid,ACR), Only want new and could change bushings if necessary

LifeIsGood
01-27-2014, 05:14 AM
I can't answer your original question, but if you want to change out the bushings as you stated...these are real nice...

Replacing Stabilizer Bar Retainers and Bushings - GEN II (http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1487-Replacing-Stabilizer-Bar-Retainers-and-Bushings-GEN-II)

Hiss Highness
01-27-2014, 07:45 AM
actually your location brings up a question, was thinking of a round trip this June through Washington/Oregon then east to Yellowstone then up through Alberta badlands but was not sure what the access to the park was like for a viper(dirt roads,etc). So any pointers? Also I ordered the Energy bushings kit but have about a quarter inch play between the edge of the bushing and the collar on the bar. Energy says it is the right kit but I say BS on the space yet on the stock and your setup I see it is tight