PDA

View Full Version : CAAP Tour

Wagnut ACR
05-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Leaving for Detroit tomorrow morning. Had a little something made. Looking forward to the trip.

Scott_in_fl
05-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Nice idea. You had that made through something like Shutterfly from the concierge photos, I assume?

Wagnut ACR
05-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Walgreens actually. Made design online and picked up next day. It's my Concierge photos and then the last page is the first picture I took when I picked it up. I haven't seen one before and wanted to do something a bit different than a poster.

Space Truckin
05-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Way cool...:United_States:

ViperPete
05-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Enjoy the tour!

Wagnut ACR
05-19-2017, 05:41 AM
Thanks everyone. Made a quick drive by of the factory yesterday, dang the roads are bad. LOL.

ViperSRT
05-19-2017, 06:09 AM
Very true. If you pick up a car stay to the left at the exit or you may bottom out. Big hole when we were there 2 weeks ago that was not visible due to standing water.

Terminator02
05-19-2017, 06:52 AM
Michigan roads are worse than most developing countries. Highways are usually decent but pothole awareness is important to anyone visiting the metro Detroit area. Enjoy the experience. If feeling adventurous downtown and mid town Detroit has excellent food. I can give recommendations both in and outside the city. Have fun

Wagnut ACR
05-19-2017, 07:28 AM
I had my car shipped. Been home for a couple months now. Glad I did it that way.
Terminator, I'm always up for some good local food. Travel a lot for work but never been to Detroit.
Might be hard convincing the GF, ordering a different value meal at McDonalds is adventurous eating for her.

Wagnut ACR
05-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Tour was awesome. Jeff was a great tour guide. Saw a couple SSG cars on the line along with a GTSR and a 1.28 ready for pickup.
Make a Wish or a similar foundation had a young man there who wanted to see the plant. Was awesome to see him get so excited about the cars. They had a great surprise for him as he left, they brought up a matte black ACR and took him for a tour of the city. Great reminder how lucky most of us are to be healthy and own these great cars. I didn't catch his name but I wish him the best.

Purple Haze
05-20-2017, 06:42 AM
Awesome glad everyone had a good time...Can't believe that'll all be gone soon. Or not????

Tour was awesome. Jeff was a great tour guide. Saw a couple SSG cars on the line along with a GTSR and a 1.28 ready for pickup.
Make a Wish or a similar foundation had a young man there who wanted to see the plant. Was awesome to see him get so excited about the cars. They had a great surprise for him as he left, they brought up a matte black ACR and took him for a tour of the city. Great reminder how lucky most of us are to be healthy and own these great cars. I didn't catch his name but I wish him the best.

uberpube
05-20-2017, 07:28 AM

Pics?

Wagnut ACR
05-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Just a few that I have on my phone. I'll get the better ones once I'm back home. Airport WiFi sucks. LOL.

Wagnut ACR
05-20-2017, 10:55 AM

HISSSN1
05-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I took delivery of my Viper on Monday and was told by James no more CAAP tours all booked up. I am pretty bummer about it and if we ordered our car and booked the tour we should be in the total allocations.

HISSSN1
05-26-2017, 08:14 PM

Hi Wagnut did you get to see them working on the line ? any body parts getting mounted ?

poptarts
05-26-2017, 09:08 PM
awesome i wish i got my car new and i would have picked it up from the factory.. hopefully they will come out with gen 6 lol

Wagnut ACR
05-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Hi Wagnut did you get to see them working on the line ? any body parts getting mounted ?

Saw two SSG cars on the line getting various body panels. One Stryker Orange that was just coming off the line. Watched them do the roll test on an ACR without the body. Lots of other various task going on. Trans and engine work, water spray test, final polish. Got to meet a lot of great people too. Jeff was a great tour guide. Got to speak with Keith, he's the one who takes the 1of1 pictures. Got signatures from various people throughout. Was neat to have someone sign a picture of my Viper that showed them actually working on it.

HISSSN1
05-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Very cool glad you got in and saw it all in action, I was told no more tours. I have been to CAAP twice and both time no action was going on. I want to see it live like you did before it ends.

Wagnut ACR
05-26-2017, 10:02 PM
It was interesting for sure. It was my first time there. Very calm environment. I've been to other assembly plants and they were very hectic. Difference with the hand built aspect I guess. So glad we went. May never see something like it again.

Track Pack
05-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. Living here locally and seeing it annually with our MCVO group, we can take for granted. I hope they do something there in c

Track Pack
05-27-2017, 06:54 AM
Hope they do something there in conjunction with the Woodward Dream Cruise bucket list event in august. It is a true diamond in the rough.