PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber closeout panel

venomred
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
JonB and Tom Sessions have helped me beyond thanks with all kinds of mods on my '08 SRT-10, but in
this forum I'm reading about a "carbon fiber closeout panel". Please help:
-What is it and where does it fit on the Viper?
-What are its benefits...particularly for the track?
-How much does it cost and where can it be ordered?
Thanks!

FLATOUT
01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Arrow Racing sells them, they are $500 and made by a composite manufacturer they use. They are used to funnel all of the incoming airstream through the radiator instead of allowing some of the air to rise and escape around the sides of the air box.

Google arrow racing engines and you'll see them.

I have one on order but it will be a few more weeks before its done.

FrgMstr
01-26-2014, 04:59 PM
See below. Gave me cooler engine temperatures here in Texas when it was hot as hell, by about 7F. Bought mine used from a fellow Viper owner.

http://kylebennett.com/files/hfpics/CFcloseoutPanel-web.jpg

venomred
01-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Good answers...thanks for the fast responses!!

SSGNRDZ_28
01-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Those who have one of these - how do they bolt on, specifically, how does it interact with the airbox?

mjorgensen
01-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Those who have one of these - how do they bolt on, specifically, how does it interact with the airbox?

Attaches with the bolts that hold the fascia on the front edge then captures under the lip around the air box to seal off any rising hot air. Also helps smooth th e airflow through radiator to make it more efficient.

Bill Pemberton
01-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Have one on my ACR and it really works well. Quality piece, like all of Arrow's stuff and have run in very warm temps and this has definitely kept temps down. Saw definite improvement once
installed.