PDA

View Full Version : Power washing soap question

SOberman001
05-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Friends, I have variable PSI powerwasher with soap dispensing. Do I have to use a specific soap for a powerwasher safe for automotive use or can I dilute my favorite car soap?

bluesrt
05-08-2017, 02:16 PM
do know, but would think car wash soap would be ok, as the real power wash soap industrial would be more harsh on internals

ViperSRT
05-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Watch the pressure. It can take the clear coat right off.

plumcrazy
05-08-2017, 05:33 PM
using a bucket is better and be careful of those car wash soaps they tent to be aggressive

v10viperbox
05-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Friends, I have variable PSI powerwasher with soap dispensing. Do I have to use a specific soap for a powerwasher safe for automotive use or can I dilute my favorite car soap?

Your best best is to get a soap gun that attaches to the power washer. It will drop the pressure to a safe level for the paint and it will feed the soap in at the right rate. Any automotive soap will do. FYI soap guns go through soap like crazy, like a cup or more per car.

Junkman2008
05-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Watch the pressure. It can take the clear coat right off.

You ain't gonna separate the clear coat from the car without taking the base coat and primer with it.

Fatboy 18
05-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Personally I never use a power washer on the Viper, the one time I did I spent so much time cleaning out all the excess water from the engine bay and surrounding areas that I now find it much easier with a couple of buckets of water :)

Best of luck :)

ek1
05-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Personally I never use a power washer on the Viper, the one time I did I spent so much time cleaning out all the excess water from the engine bay and surrounding areas that I now find it much easier with a couple of buckets of water :)

Best of luck :)

+1.

The Viper is full of holes and with pressure washer (even mild pressure), water will get everywhere and stay there for weeks. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. As is, when I wash my car (with a garden hose and pouring water down on it), water starts dripping out of the hood even after a few weeks. I also put thick towels under hood vents to avoid pouring water on the engine.

SOberman001
05-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have a soft spray nozzle that will not rip the paint off the car. The spray can be touched with your hand with no pain so it won't hurt the paint. I get the point on water going everywhere and maybe staying there but a good jet spray garden hose would do the same since my pressure washer is not paint-pealing strong at the settings I use.

For the most part, my questions was just about the soap because I use my pressure washer on my dirt bikes and Land Cruiser.

Appreciate all the feedback! Always great !

98intrigue
05-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have a soft spray nozzle that will not rip the paint off the car. The spray can be touched with your hand with no pain so it won't hurt the paint. I get the point on water going everywhere and maybe staying there but a good jet spray garden hose would do the same since my pressure washer is not paint-pealing strong at the settings I use.

For the most part, my questions was just about the soap because I use my pressure washer on my dirt bikes and Land Cruiser.

Appreciate all the feedback! Always great !
Any soap will do. You can always go fancy and get a scented soap of your preference. When you mix the soap with water in the bottle, use warm water - it increases the foam.

Junkman2008
05-10-2017, 09:31 AM
+1.

The Viper is full of holes and with pressure washer (even mild pressure), water will get everywhere and stay there for weeks. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. As is, when I wash my car (with a garden hose and pouring water down on it), water starts dripping out of the hood even after a few weeks. I also put thick towels under hood vents to avoid pouring water on the engine.

Sounds like you guys could use the Air Force Master Blaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOjfB7Sl2Y

Magzx12r
05-10-2017, 10:54 AM
This is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-CWS_110-Honeydew-Cleanser/dp/B009OTW646

albertz4
07-05-2017, 04:29 AM
I follow the two-bucket wash method to protect the paint from unwanted marring.