PDA

View Full Version : One Lap of America 2017

ViperGeorge
05-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Well the 34th running of the One Lap of America began today in South Bend, IN at the Tirerack. My friend Steve and I are competing in the Sport GT 1 Big Bore class with my 2017 Viper ACR-E/TA. Of course the car comes from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse and was set up with the expert help of Mark Jorgensen. We trailered the car to South Bend with my wife's 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8. Great tow vehicle!

On the way to South Bend we stopped off at Gingerman in South Haven, MI for some testing. Our friend Steve Laudin arranged for some Lap Dogs (One Lap veterans) to test. There were only about 6 of us and we had plenty of track time. The morning was dry and then the rain came. The ACR-E was very good. Because of One Lap rules I am running street tires all around - Michelin 295/30/18 PS2s in front and 345/30/19 PSSs in back. Yes the car has TA brakes so I am using Sidewinder IIs. The tires felt very good. We didn't beat the tires up too much at Gingerman as they have to last all week. We wanted to scuff them up some and get rid of the release compound that new tires have on them.

The first event was a wet skidpad at Tirerack. You drive two laps of the skidpad in each direction and they average your speed to determine G's. The Gen 5s absolutely suck at this event. In my old 09 ACR I would place in the top 10 (as high as 6th) but in the 15 TA 2.0 I used last year with PZeros and in the ACR this year I was mid pack. The car would not turn. The front tires simply chattered and pushed wide. This loses valuable time and cost me big. While the event is lame in my book it is worth the same points as any other event so it is easy to dig a hole you can't climb out of.

The second event was an autoX at Grissom Air Force base. This was a better event for us but I'm no autox'er so the results show this as the field has some national SCCA autoX champs in it. Tomorrow we run at Memphis. This is a good track for the Viper with top speeds > 160mph. We will also drag race tomorrow. We will do a low ET run which will count as one event and a bracket drag which will count as another event.

If anyone knows how to make the car turn on the skidpad please post it up. The last event is a dry skidpad, oh joy!

By the way we also saw a pre-production Durango SRT 8. It was supposed to run but FCA pulled it at the last minute. It was pretty sweet though.

Wagnut ACR
05-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Sounds like fun. Good luck. Be safe.

IndyRon
05-07-2017, 03:29 AM
George, I saw you and some of the other competitors! You were heading south on I-465 around the west side of Indy around 345pm. I was wondering what the event was and had totally forgotten about the One Lap. Best of luck to you and beautiful car (although only saw it for a few second as I was heading the opposite way).

Why do you think the G4 cars are better on the skid than the G5's?

It's so frustrating that the Vipers are at such a disadvantage regarding tires given the 200 treadwear requirement. So few options to choose from in stock sizing. Pirelli needs to change the rating on the Corsas to 200 like the Kuhmos to permit at least those in these types of competition.

SRT_BluByU
05-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Might try setting the front toe out...

Coloviper
05-07-2017, 07:17 AM
George, is that Rick's Gen IV ACR?

Good luck buddy and be safe. Wish I was there with you, but I am 200% buried. I finally resigned from the old engineering company a month ago and launched the new international Specialty Services EI&C, Auomation, Telecom, SCADA and IT/OT Process Enterprise Solutions firm. 4 employees at launch, 4,000 sqft office space leased here in Highlands Ranch over 150 key people in Industry US/Canada/Mexico have extended congrats, thank yous and requests for support. Amazing and the ultimate goal is to be able to car up and enjoy things like you are doing in the near future. I should be up to about 15 people by year end and near 25-30 by the end of next year.

Anyway, good luck and take all down in the pumpkin eater.

Dman
05-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Go get 'em, George!

Have fun and be safe.

Skidpad ides: Camber and toe or maybe simpler if allowed, make sure wing is in position 1 and yank the fender vents, for another 35lbs upfront. Depending on speed, maybe yank the wing entirely,which I'd also do for the drags, if allowed.

Good luck!

ViperGeorge
05-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Go get 'em, George!

Have fun and be safe.

Skidpad ides: Camber and toe or maybe simpler if allowed, make sure wing is in position 1 and yank the fender vents, for another 35lbs upfront. Depending on speed, maybe yank the wing entirely,which I'd also do for the drags, if allowed.

Good luck!

See my last post. Good ideas but hard to change alignment on the fly. I could remove the wing but it would have not effect on skidpad because speed isn't very high. Would help the drags probably but I'm not a good drag racer anyway.

ViperGeorge
05-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Day 2 started out a bit frustrating. We drove almost 600 miles from South Bend to Memphis. Morning session was qualifying for road courses at Memphis International. Went out on my recon lap to check braking points and such but two cars from the previous group were stuck on track. One apparently ran out of gas while heading towards pit in. The other stopped to chat or something. Anyway it ruined my recon lap as my speed was way off after having to slow and go around them.

Did put wing in position one because of the long straight. Memphis road course uses drag strip as front straight. Car topped out at upper 140s MPH. As a comparison my 09 ACR would top out at 160 MPH on the same straight. Now it did have headers, ported head, ported intake, and Mopar controller. That plus the bigger aero on the Gen 5 ACR-E probably accounted for the difference.

Had ESC in Track mode for first run - no traction. I couldn't hook the car up on the drag strip with the street tires. I was spinning tires through 3rd gear despite feathering the throttle. As your time is the total for all laps this hurt the cumulative time big time. First session really messed with my mind. I had done way better last time we were at this track in 2014 so to have a bad run screwed me up for the day, I was pretty pissed.

Anyway drove 430 miles from Memphis to Braselton, GA and Road Atlanta. My co-driver drives tomorrow. He knows the track but not the car so we'll see how it goes. The event is a week long and a week takes its toll. The key is to stay in it and not screw up too badly as others no doubt will.

The ACR over the road is pretty rough. Shocks are on track settings as is ride height. Diffusers and track extension are on as well as there is not the time to remove them after every event. Diffusers are getting the shit kicked out of them on some of these rough roads and pulling into gas stations is always an adventure unless the entry is totally flat. I need to raise the car some and compromise track setting some, it is simply to hard over the bumps. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to that.

Coloviper
05-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Sounds like your having fun George! Given the extensiveness of Gen V issue posting on the forums the past couple of years, I take it the motor is running strong and no oil issues? The rest of the car holding up?

Can't wait to see the car and chat when you get back.

Scott_in_fl
05-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Sounds like the wrong car for this type of event :(

How do the GTR's make out? I used to own one and I could imagine that car doing well.

It might also be fun to use a Focus RS. If you're allowed some tweaks, a nicely built RS should clean up.

Bill Pemberton
05-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Keep those pics coming George and can't wait to here about the runs at Road Atlanta -- one of my favorite tracks in the US and I know many others love that place too?!

ViperGeorge
05-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Sounds like the wrong car for this type of event :(

How do the GTR's make out? I used to own one and I could imagine that car doing well.

It might also be fun to use a Focus RS. If you're allowed some tweaks, a nicely built RS should clean up.

Well the tuned GTRs are running 1, 2, 3. 4 wheel drive and the computers drive the car.

ViperGeorge
05-08-2017, 04:26 PM
One other thing. The Viper gets more attention than any other car. We drive over the road with friends who drive a 2017 Porsche GT3RS. Over $200k. More people come over to the Viper than the Porsches, GTRs, or Vettes. Even the competitors comment on how beautiful the car is.

Bill Pemberton
05-08-2017, 04:28 PM
George has already won by miles of smiles !!

LuvSpeed
05-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Good luck George! You were blistering fast at High Plains with the Viper. Just as fast as any tuned GTR. Please post more pics!

Snorman
05-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Several of us are planning to be at Sebring tomorrow to support our friends and teammates, who are the current race leaders (EI Racing).
Good luck and maybe we'll see you tomorrow.
S.

OneofOneViper
05-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a great event even if you're not performing the way you had hoped. Enjoy the event!

ViperGeorge
05-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Current leader is Catsby Jones in a tricked out GTR. He is stupid fast. GTRs are running like 1,2,3.

We're at Sebring today and boy is it a tough track to learn in one recon lap. 3.74 miles, 17 turns, lots of blue and white concrete walls. Wasn't sure where I was on the first couple of laps. Had to lift where I thought I was heading into a turn. I wasn't. Just a sweeper. It is one of the things that makes this event so difficult. You show up at a track you haven't been to or maybe haven't been to in 15-20 years and with one recon lap you have to go fast. Sebring is too damn long to walk so you have to use the track map and any video you can find. The second event which starts at noon will be faster for us hopefully but then everyone else will also be faster. Best strategy is to visit every track as soon as next year's schedule comes out. Of course you have to have the time and the money to do that.

Here are some pics at Road Atlanta and Sebring.

Road Atlanta.

Sebring

Bill Pemberton
05-09-2017, 09:51 AM
George and co driver always hold their own, but there are some Pro Drivers over the last 5-6 years, especially, that come with insanely expensive modifications and budgets. Cool to see George and Steve holding up the honor of having a Viper in the mix , along with Steve Loudin.

Keep posting the pics and as always Mr. 19 ( number of years George has participated ) keep having so much damn fun!!

ViperGeorge
05-10-2017, 05:15 PM
GTR in P2 broke diff today at Carolina Motorsports Park and has withdrawn. Current P1 car is another GTR driven by Hugh Bate. Highly modified car. New P2 car is an Ariel Atom. P3 is a super modified Porsche 911 with custom bodywork. P4 is Steve Loudin and Tom Dryer in a 2009 ACR, also heavily modded. Has a stage 2 motor. We are holding on to P3 in The GT1 big bore stock class. Our car has burned about 1/2 quart oil in 2500 miles, not bad!

Snorman
05-10-2017, 05:36 PM
GTR in P2 broke diff today at Carolina Motorsports Park and has withdrawn. Current P1 car is another GTR driven by Hugh Bate. Highly modified car. New P2 car is an Ariel Atom. P3 is a super modified Porsche 911 with custom bodywork. P4 is Steve Loudin and Tom Dryer in a 2009 ACR, also heavily modded. Has a stage 2 motor. We are holding on to P3 in The GT1 big bore stock class. Our car has burned about 1/2 quart oil in 2500 miles, not bad!I figured Catesby had a pretty serious mechanical when he DNS'd the afternoon session. EI Racing's GT-R went into limp mode during the morning session at Sebring yesterday, which is the reason he dropped from P1 to P7.
S.

ACRSNK
05-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Very cool!

LuvSpeed
05-10-2017, 07:41 PM
There is a lot of stuffing going on with the GTR to make it fast. A lot of things to go wrong. Enjoying the updates!

Snorman
05-10-2017, 08:15 PM
There is a lot of stuffing going on with the GTR to make it fast. A lot of things to go wrong. Enjoying the updates!
Absolutely 100% true.
Great cars, but they are finicky particularly after being modded. The transmission is a notoriously weak point on the car.
S.

Apxnv
05-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Very cool to hear you're doing this event! Your car looks great! Keep the updates coming...fun to hear how you're doing....

slowhatch
05-10-2017, 11:14 PM
George, love the updates, keep giving them hell out there!

Arizona Vipers
05-11-2017, 12:50 AM
Wow, this is awesome. I didn't even know this existed!
We should try to round up a few Viper's for next year. Is anyone interested?

Arizona Vipers
05-11-2017, 12:53 AM
Because of One Lap rules I am running street tires all around - Michelin 295/30/18 PS2s in front and 345/30/19 PSSs in back.

Do the rules not let you run the Kumho's?

38D
05-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Do the rules not let you run the Kumho's?
Tires need a 200 tredwear rating

XSnake
05-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Tires need a 200 tredwear rating

Kumhos are 200 and Tire Rack sells them. They added a new rule to DQ the Kumhos from the event, minimum tread depth.

I was at the Sebring event there to support a buddy doing it. I just don't see the appeal and the fact that you have to make a car slower from OEM specs to compete is laughable to me. Driving around the country 6-9 hours at a time for 10-15 min of track time just isn't for me.

SharpMan
05-11-2017, 07:57 AM
It's an adventure!
Kumhos are 200 and Tire Rack sells them. They added a new rule to DQ the Kumhos from the event, minimum tread depth.

I was at the Sebring event there to support a buddy doing it. I just don't see the appeal and the fact that you have to make a car slower from OEM specs to compete is laughable to me. Driving around the country 6-9 hours at a time for 10-15 min of track time just isn't for me.

Snakebit10
05-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Ouch. The results so far are disappointing in regards to standing for the hybrid V but at least everyone is having fun. Nice to see an 08 ACR still doing some work though. Those GTR's are blazing it up.

https://www.onelapofamerica.com/event/ResultsIndex.do?eventId=37

Be safe.

Bill Pemberton
05-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Appreciate the daily updates and glad we could help you in our small way to promote the last year of the Viper.

ViperGeorge
05-11-2017, 07:04 PM
We had a bad day at Dominion. Co-driver was at the wheel in the rain. Since it is my car he basically drove like he was going to church on Sunday. He didn't feel comfortable driving my new Viper in those conditions. Oh well still having fun. The best thing about this event is how great the people are. I see these folks once a year but I have developed strong and lasting friendships with dozens of people.. Hard to understand till you've done it but when you first see them again it is like seeing a sibling you haven't seen in a long time.

Currently on the road to Gingerman for tomorrow. Hope to do better as the track is a little more familiar. The final event is the dreaded skid pad on Saturday. I'm going to try 41 pounds in the front tires. That worked for me in my 09 ACR, so will try it on this car. Our best finish was in that car when we finished 15th out of about 70. Really hard to break into top 10 without way more power and 4 wheel drive. The GTRs and the Porsches don't even shift, they put their paddle shifters in auto. The GT3RS even has 4 wheel steering. It is true the Viper is the last of the true driver's cars.

While this event sounds nuts it should be on every car fanatic's bucket list. It is special. How else could you get to a half dozen tracks, drag race, an do an oval? All in a week.

To really be competitive you should have one driver do all the tracks and use the second driver to help transits between tracks. Of course hiring a pro driver helps a lot but takes most of the fun out of it.

ViperGeorge
05-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Ouch. The results so far are disappointing in regards to standing for the hybrid V but at least everyone is having fun. Nice to see an 08 ACR still doing some work though. Those GTR's are blazing it up.

https://www.onelapofamerica.com/event/ResultsIndex.do?eventId=37

Be safe.

Honestly I couldn't agree more. We need to make an effort to get to the tracks once they are announced. I'm not someone that can go fast at a track I've never been too after doing one recon lap. Some of these guys can do just that. Guys that started as auto crossers seem to have an advantage. I never auto crossed and now I only do it once a year on One Lap.

And my co-driver has to get more seat time in the Viper. I think it scares him. He races in PCA events but he uses an old, low HP car. He only drives a Viper once a year in this event. He lives in NJ and I live in CO so getting together in my car is tough but I've told him he needs to make an effort. He's a dear friend and the one that got me started doing this so I will stick with him until he no longer wants to do it. Next year Brock is talking about going west so hopefully I will be better prepared. Hopefully we'll see RPM, Hastings, and High Plains.

allans
05-11-2017, 08:07 PM
So George, how is the car performing? Handling, tires, brakes, alignment??? Thanks, Allan

allans
05-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Duplicate

ViperGeorge
05-11-2017, 09:09 PM
So George, how is the car performing? Handling, tires, brakes, alignment??? Thanks, Allan

The car as been great. Brakes are awesome (steel TA brakes with Raybestos 45 in front and Raybestos 43 in rear). Handling is terrific thanks to Mark Jorgensen's setup. He aligned, set ride height, rake, and corner weighted. Tires are holding up well - 295/30/18 PS2s in front and 345/30/19 PSSs in rear.

Aero takes getting used to. If car feels twitchy through a corner at 60 go 70 next time - that isn't what you would do in a car without aero. Engine burned 1/2 quart of oil in more than 2000 miles which I think is very good. Over the road is a bit rough. Car has the diffuser blades on and front track extension. It is set to recommended track height which is really too low for the interstates with the diffuser blades on. They bang over dips and are getting beat up. You can't really remove them for the transit drives though, takes too long. I should raise car 1/2 inch.

Bill Pemberton
05-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Folks forgot this started out as a crazy , fun event years ago, and having competed in 19 of them , you are the elder Statesman and most who know you George, realize that fun is what you do a lot of things in your life for. I have had many friends run in this event , many Pro Drivers, but I don't think I know anyone who enjoys the masochistic comraderie of sore buns, hemorrhoids and driving half asleep as much as you do, ha! Thanks for representing the Viper Community in the best way possible , showing how much fun our car is on the road and at the track.

Few understand how many teams spend small fortunes on their cars, hire Pro Drivers , and do only have one individual run the tracks, whereas many like yourself go to be competitive , but to also have the bonding that only a couple of track rats can have traveling the Country and the race courses in this wacky automotive event. Proud of you man, and glad to have you as a friend and a fellow VOA member!

mjorgensen
05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
George, I'm proud to have been able to have helped this year and as Bill says grateful for your friendship. Learning the aero part of this and just how fast you can go does take time (tires not optimizing the same as the aero rated Kumhos though) and also changes the car when it's time for slower speeds and turns like the skid pad. I wish I had a perfect suggestion to help with that, but what I did send is what has worked for me in the past while autocrossing. Heck I might have even had you lower the rear and see if you like that better on throttle low speeds. I've stayed off your thread as to not distract, but wanted you to know that I have been appreciative of your reports and emails and am very proud of you both.

Arizona Vipers
05-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Really hard to break into top 10 without way more power and 4 wheel drive. The GTRs and the Porsches don't even shift, they put their paddle shifters in auto. The GT3RS even has 4 wheel steering. It is true the Viper is the last of the true driver's cars.
The one thing I hate about tracking the Viper is everyone thinks the fast lap times come from it being "fast", but it's not. I get destroyed by GT3's, GTR's etc on the straights. Look at any magazine acceleration test with the "lowly" 470hp GT3 annihilates the Viper in all accelerations tests. The GT3RS runs 11.1 in the 1/4. LOL. Did anyone see the 2018 GT3 just ran a 7:12 at the Ring with 500hp and very little aero?

Snakebit10
05-12-2017, 12:33 PM
The one thing I hate about tracking the Viper is everyone thinks the fast lap times come from it being "fast", but it's not. I get destroyed by GT3's, GTR's etc on the straights. Look at any magazine acceleration test with the "lowly" 470hp GT3 annihilates the Viper in all accelerations tests. The GT3RS runs 11.1 in the 1/4. LOL. Did anyone see the 2018 GT3 just ran a 7:12 at the Ring with 500hp and very little aero?

I don't know about it annihilating Vipers in acceleration tests but Ill take your word for it since its your experience. The GT3/RS are magnificent masterpieces no question and the numbers in the straights are close to the Viper. Much much respect to it. But I would highly doubt it will come within 15 secs of the G5 ACR Ring time if/when its gets to run.

As for the Ring time keep in mind that the Ring was a repaved since the 2010 Viper ran its 7:12. Lets not forget the GT3 also has much much better rubber than the 10 ACR ran with. Repave plus better tires, DCT, lighter weight etc I would hope it could run with a 7 year old Viper time. The previous GT RS time was 12 secs off. That RS that was 12 secs slower than the new GT3 ran before the repave. I wouild bet if they reran the RS on the Ring with the new repave it would be faster than the new GT3 by a sec or 2. So take that into consideration. Look at the effect the repave had on VIR times and that only 4 miles long. On the Ring the effect would be protracted over the 13+ miles. That's a variable that makes a big difference imho.

Arizona Vipers
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't know about it annihilating Vipers in acceleration tests but Ill take your word for it since its your experience. The GT3/RS are magnificent masterpieces no question and the numbers in the straights are close to the Viper. Much much respect to it. But I would highly doubt it will come within 15 secs of the G5 ACR Ring time if/when its gets to run.

As for the Ring time keep in mind that the Ring was a repaved since the 2010 Viper ran its 7:12. Lets not forget the GT3 also has much much better rubber than the 10 ACR ran with. Repave plus better tires, DCT, lighter weight etc I would hope it could run with a 7 year old Viper time. The previous GT RS time was 12 secs off. That RS that was 12 secs slower than the new GT3 ran before the repave. I wouild bet if they reran the RS on the Ring with the new repave it would be faster than the new GT3 by a sec or 2. So take that into consideration. Look at the effect the repave had on VIR times and that only 4 miles long. On the Ring the effect would be protracted over the 13+ miles. That's a variable that makes a big difference imho.

Yeah, agreed on all this. Pro driver vs pro diver, the Viper will be faster. But put the other 99% of weekend warrior drivers and the GT3 will always be faster. You basically just point and shoot, there's so much going on electronically helping the driver every second of every lap. GT3RS beat the ACR by .4 second in 1/4 mile here- http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge/viper/2016/2016-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-2016-dodge-viper-acr-vs-2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs/ that's a huge difference, especially when coming out of a turn onto a straight

Snakebit10
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Yeah. Hard to beat PDK car by an average driver in a Viper. Power shitfing like PDV etc do is the only way to hang with or beat a PDK car. Mag test drivers are NOT going to do that to a Viper so yeah its gonna lose in those tests. Really does speak volumes about the GT3 whole package. 4 ltr 6 banger making 500hp is insane. Add the rest of the tech surrounding it and its a giant killer indeed.

That being said Porsche will need the upcoming GT2 RS for the ACR's pro to pro.

ViperGeorge
05-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Well we finished. Dry skidpad went much better than the wet one. 41 pound pressure in front tires. Could have gone faster I think but I was actually a bit surprised by the grip so I held bac a little. Good enough to clinch 3rd in Stock GT beating out a Z06. Stock GT is one of the two stock classes, the other is Stock Touring. Next year the event heads west but it starts the day after the Viper convention in Las Vegas. Need to figure that out.

swexlin
05-13-2017, 07:15 PM
My friend Jon (who also owns a 16 ACR) has a new GT3RS, and he an I took a little drive a couple months back, I was following him in my Viper. We were both going 'easy" due to cold road, but holy crap, that RS is brutal fast on the straights. Man, that was a fun day!

Scott_in_fl
05-13-2017, 08:59 PM
Congrats, George!!!! Nice finishing spot to podium!

Apxnv
05-14-2017, 12:49 AM
George, awesome to hear your updates!! Instead of outlawing 100 treadwear tires, they should penalize 4wheel drive and paddle shift cars! Keep up the great driving and continue to enjoy the experience!

ViperGeorge
05-14-2017, 07:38 AM
My friend Jon (who also owns a 16 ACR) has a new GT3RS, and he an I took a little drive a couple months back, I was following him in my Viper. We were both going 'easy" due to cold road, but holy crap, that RS is brutal fast on the straights. Man, that was a fun day!

My friend with the GT3RS also has an ACR. He says he is faster in the ACR at the same track but the Porsche is easier to drive with its's PDK and 4 wheel steering. He may bring the ACR next year. For One Lap an easier to drive car helps on tracks you don't know as you don't need to find the right gear, the auto mode finds it for you. Of course the hopped up computer driven GTRs are tough. One of the leaders told me he just plants his foot and the car does the rest.

Snorman
05-14-2017, 09:14 AM
Congrats on finishing the event.
I haven't looked at the final results but am guessing Andy won Stock GT in his new GT-R.
S.

ViperGeorge
05-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Congrats on finishing the event.
I haven't looked at the final results but am guessing Andy won Stock GT in his new GT-R.
S.

Correct. He also received the Diamond Jim Brady award for retched excess. Last year he bought a McLaren and finished worse than in his old Honda then this year when he had problems with the McLaren he bought the GTR.

Snorman
05-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Correct. He also received the Diamond Jim Brady award for retched excess. Last year he bought a McLaren and finished worse than in his old Honda then this year when he had problems with the McLaren he bought the GTR.
LMAO at that CRX. I saw that car at his house in Texas when we were there for dinner, and I can't actually believe he drove that thing around the country.
He did bring the McLaren to Florida to test at Sebring and it went pretty well (well into the teens as I recall), but I think he broke an exhaust stud or bolt or something that was very hard to replace.
S.

XSnake
05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
LMAO at that CRX. I saw that car at his house in Texas when we were there for dinner, and I can't actually believe he drove that thing around the country.
He did bring the McLaren to Florida to test at Sebring and it went pretty well (well into the teens as I recall), but I think he broke an exhaust stud or bolt or something that was very hard to replace.
S.
I don't know which car he hates more, the Mclaren or the GTR.

38D
05-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Very cool updates George. Thanks for sharing!