PDA

View Full Version : Vipers Invade Myrtle Beach

CarolinaViper
05-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Carolinas Members,

Below is the information regarding our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, SC

Date: AUG 11-13, 2017 - Vipers Invade Myrtle Beach, SC

Since we have no information on the 25th Anniversary of the Viper/Closure of Conner Avenue Assembly Plant (CAAP) the Carolinas VOA will continue our annual trip to Myrtle Beach. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort at an excellent rate for this time of year. This is the same hotel we have stayed at for the past several years. It is conveniently located at the very northern part of Myrtle Beach, and just south of North Myrtle Beach - far enough from the hustle and bustle of the Grand Strand crowd/traffic but close enough for all the activities Myrtle Beach offers.

As in the past, the hotel will provide Reserved Covered parking for our Vipers!!!!!!!

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday night - Casual dinner at the "River City Café." Afterwards you may want to cruise the “Strand” prior to returning to the hotel for free time.
Saturday - Morning and afternoon will be free time to enjoy what Myrtle is all about - The Beach & Ocean.
Saturday Afternoon – For those interested, maybe try out the Grand Prix Track - With group rates, not too bad. If we could reserve a time block, even better.
http://broadwaygrandprix.com/group-outings/
Saturday Night: Dinner at a local seafood restaurant and maybe fix some S’mores by poolside later that night.

Hotel Information:

GRANDE SHORES OCEAN RESORT
201 77th Ave N. Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

Reservations: (877) 798-4074 option 5
Carolina’s Vipers Club - Group Reservation Number: 2269647
PLEASE MAKE ALL RESERVATIONS BY JULY 12, 2017 TO RECEIVE GROUP RATE
Arrival: August 11, 2017 Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Departure: August 13, 2017 Check-Out: 11:00 AM

**Group rates good for three days before and after group block! **

ROOM OPTIONS & PRICING

Efficiency Oceanfront Hotel Rooms - $139/night + tax & fees - One night Deposit required $179.46 - 2 Queen Beds, full bath, kitchenette, microwave, 1 TV, & private balcony

Standard Oceanfront Hotel Rooms - $129/night + tax & fess– One night Deposit required $166.55 - 2 Queen Beds, full bath, mini fridge, 1 TV, & private balcony

Standard Ocean View Hotel Rooms - $123 /night + tax & fess– One night Deposit required $158.81 - 2 Queen Beds, full bath, mini fridge, 1 TV, & private balcony

RESERVATION POLICIES Deposit Policy: For all reservations 4 nights or more, a two night deposit plus tax/fees is required. Cancellation Policy: If cancellation is made more than 14 days prior to arrival, a cancellation fee of 10% of the total deposit or $30 (whichever is greater) will be assessed. If cancellation is made within 14 days of arriving, the entire deposit is forfeited. Changes: No changes are to be made within 2 weeks of arriving. Resort Fees: This rate is currently 6.5 % and covers self parking for overnight guests, local telephone services, access connection from in-room phones, fitness center usage, access to our business center, and unlimited wireless internet access. Processing Fee: The current processing fee 9.61% Taxes: The current tax rate is 13%. Early Check Outs: There are no refunds for checking out early. Check-In / Check Out: Check in is at 4pm and check out is at 11am. Guest can request early check-in or late check out—neither is guaranteed. Room Numbers: Room numbers are determined on date of arrival.

CarolinaViper
07-07-2017, 09:28 AM
This year we are throwing in a competitive outing during our annual trip to Myrtle Beach. The club has arranged with the Grand Prix Go-Cart track to receive discount tickets, and better yet, the club is also going to subsidize the discount tickets, so it only cost $10.00 per person. Below is a link to what the park has to offer other than go-carts. Since we need to obtain the tickets in advance, we need to how many are going and require tickets. We will collect your $10.00 per ticket at dinner on Friday night.

Link: http://broadwaygrandprix.com/

Jeff B. +1
Dave W. +1
Larry M. +1
Jason W. +1.

johnny
07-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Do families ever attend? I'm thinking about bringing my wife and daughter, they'd be in a separate vehicle and if the club pays for any food/beverages i'd obviously pay for their share. Just trying to plan accordingly.

CarolinaViper
07-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Do families ever attend? I'm thinking about bringing my wife and daughter, they'd be in a separate vehicle and if the club pays for any food/beverages i'd obviously pay for their share. Just trying to plan accordingly.

Johnny,

Most if not all of all events include family members, and on occasions, the club will even spring for dinner, for all those that attend, spouses and children included. I should have asked everyone to identify those family members that are under 48 inches tall, as their tickets to the go-cart track are cheaper, but they are also restricted on which go-carts they can ride by themselves. So to answer you questions, bring them, they will have a blast at the hotel and beach.

Jeff

DaveW
07-07-2017, 08:12 PM
I'm in for the Gran Prix, plus one, as long as Mike doesn't bring those beautiful girls who kicked my ass last year at the last cart event (well, I guess everyone did...).

CarolinaViper
07-07-2017, 08:39 PM
I'm in for the Gran Prix, plus one, as long as Mike doesn't bring those beautiful girls who kicked my ass last year at the last cart event (well, I guess everyone did...).

Dave,

Are you shooting for a trophy....there will be trophies for the top three drivers and one who finished behind the next to last driver.

CarolinaViper
07-08-2017, 07:41 PM
This year we are throwing in a competitive outing during our annual trip to Myrtle Beach. The club has arranged with the Grand Prix Go-Cart track to receive discount tickets, and better yet, the club is also going to subsidize the discount tickets, so it only cost $10.00 per person. Below is a link to what the park has to offer other than go-carts. Since we need to obtain the tickets in advance, we need to how many are going and require tickets. We will collect your $10.00 per ticket at dinner on Friday night.

Jeff B. +1
Dave W. +1
Larry M. +1
Jason W. +1
Mike R. +4

Mreeves
07-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Mike R + 4
Now what you think Dave!!

DaveW
07-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Mike R + 4
Now what you think Dave!!
I think I will be uncomfortable sitting for the next few days after the races...

johnny
07-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Sign me up, +2!

billp
07-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Reservations made ... Bill & I will be lounging by the pool.

CarolinaViper
07-12-2017, 04:48 PM
I was wondering about you guys. It just wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Jeff

CarolinaViper
07-26-2017, 03:08 PM

Jeff B. +1
Dave W. +1
Larry M. +1
Jason W. +1
Mike R. +4
Johnny F. +2
Bill P. +1

CarolinaViper
07-26-2017, 07:32 PM
To All,

We are in the last stages of finalizing the Myrtle Beach Event – There is still time to sign up if you wish to attend. I need to know how many are coming, so we can make dinner reservations for Friday & Saturday night and how many passes to get at the Grand Prix Park. This year’s event is going to have a more family orientated theme than the previous years as there is no Mopar show during this week. Mopars at the Beach event was scheduled in June of this year real close to our Tail of the Dragon event. This year the club is going to subsidize the cost (your cost is only $10.00 per person) into the Myrtle Beach Grand Prix with an all-day (Saturday) pass to the Park. Those that would like to compete for a trophy (four trophies in all will be given out) for the fastest time around the “Pro Track” can meet at a time to be confirmed later (the park said early in the morning is better 10:00 AM is when they open) can meet us at the track to see how much better the women are than the men at going around the track. The officials at the track stated they would do their best to ensure that all of us are on the track at the same time…it may take a couple series to get us all thru, but they will do their best to ensure we have a great time racing against the clock. There are many other things to do at the Grand Prix…check out their link below.

Below is a tentative timeline for those that are attending. Last year we had some last minute changes and not everyone was notified. So this year please provide me with your cell phone number, along with how many is in your party, so I can make the reservation and call everyone in case there are changes.

Saturday night’s dinner (7:00 PM) will be at the Mr. Fish Restaurant, Sushi & Raw Bar. Parking and food quality was tested out by one of our newest members Jason Willard, yes the son of the one and only Dave and Marcia Willard. Jason has even obtained free transportation to and from the restaurant via the restaurant’s “Mr. Fish Mobile Bus” see below photo. For those that would rather drive their Viper, Jason said the parking area for the Vipers can be seen from our tables. Jason, thanks for all you effort for Saturday’s dinner.

Friday:

Hotel Check-In: At your convenience but remember dinner is at 6:30 PM.

Friday night’s dinner will be at River City Café (same place as last year’s). Time will be at 6:30PM to allow for those like me who will be travelling a long distance (Its nice being the President). Plenty of parking (gravel but really smooth area). Allow up to 20 - 30 minutes travel time from the hotel due to heavy seasonal traffic. Maybe after dinner, we can cruise down the ‘Strand” prior to returning to the hotel.

The address is: 5835 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588.

Phone: (843) 215-8808
Menu Link: http://www.rivercitycafe.com/#menu-top

Saturday:

Breakfast on your own.

Grand Prix competitive driving (Trophies to be awarded at dinner) tentatively meet at the Grand Prix @ 10:00AM

Grand Prix Park Address: 1820 21st Ave N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Phone #: (843) 839-4080

Link to Grand Prix: http://broadwaygrandprix.com/

Lunch and afternoon: On your own – Enjoy the Grand Prix Park or the sand, beach and ocean.

Dinner: Reservation is set for 7:00PM at the Mr. Fish Restaurant, Sushi & Raw Bar (allow 5-10 minutes driving from the hotel) or meet the “Fish Bus” at 6:30ish or so.

Address: 6401 North Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572.

Phone #: (843) 839-3474

Menu Link: http://places.singleplatform.com/mr-fish-restaurant/menu?ref=google

Sunday:

Checkout for those of us that are not lucky to stay another day.

PatrickB
07-27-2017, 09:54 AM
We'll be down there during the week leading up to the event weekend, as this year the Myrtle trip coincides with one of our family vacations. I won't have the Viper, but depending on timing and what we're in to we might be able to meet up for dinner on Friday night; we'd have the boys with us. We'll be there through Sunday, but Saturday already looks like a busy day for us. Jeff, when do you need to know about dinner for Friday night at River City?

CarolinaViper
07-27-2017, 03:54 PM
We'll be down there during the week leading up to the event weekend, as this year the Myrtle trip coincides with one of our family vacations. I won't have the Viper, but depending on timing and what we're in to we might be able to meet up for dinner on Friday night; we'd have the boys with us. We'll be there through Sunday, but Saturday already looks like a busy day for us. Jeff, when do you need to know about dinner for Friday night at River City?

Patrick.

A couple of days before will be fine, we just need a very rough number like between 20-25, we can always add a couple more. Let me know how many to add, if you guys can go.

Jeff