PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Floor Jack

F8L BIT3
04-27-2017, 01:30 AM
Anybody use the Craftsman low profile floor jack on their viper? Sears is running a very attractive sale on them right now.

Vprbite
04-27-2017, 05:22 AM
My only concern is craftsman isn't what it used to be. That being said, many of us have the low profile race jack from harbor freight. It's a total hidden gem in that store. Easily lifts the whole car from one jack point and is 2 3/4 inches high when low. Hard to find lower than that

Good luck. If you get the craftsman report back

Fatboy 18
04-27-2017, 06:57 AM
Never, Ever work under a car without secondary support, be it wooden blocks or Axle stands. Even the best hydraulics fail now and again, (that's why there are repair shops)! Always safety first.

BlknBlu
04-27-2017, 07:10 AM
I used to have a craftsman low profile aluminum jack and now have the harbor freight and a craftsman 3 ton floor jack. Both work fine.

Bruce

SA Heat
04-27-2017, 07:24 PM
If you're referring to the Craftsman low profile aluminum jack, I have two. They fit under the sills with plenty of room at stock ride height.

viper04blk
04-28-2017, 11:52 PM
whats the price you paid? sears website is useless

F8L BIT3
04-29-2017, 05:13 AM
i saw it on there for 40 bucks... it was the steel version though. could not get online, had to do store pickup.

viper04blk
04-29-2017, 09:30 AM
wow.... i am going to check our local store. I am canada, so I doubt it is the same deal. But with them cutting inventory and shutting down for good, it might actually work out for me

Vprbite
04-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Never, Ever work under a car without secondary support, be it wooden blocks or Axle stands. Even the best hydraulics fail now and again, (that's why there are repair shops)! Always safety first.

So, 2 jacks?

I don't think OP had any intentions of working under a jack. I didn't get that impression at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to have a craftsman low profile aluminum jack and now have the harbor freight and a craftsman 3 ton floor jack. Both work fine.

Bruce

Would you say one works better over the other?