PDA

View Full Version : Racing brake pad help confusion

Bleed viper
04-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, having a little trouble figuring out what brake pad I need. I think I've settled on the Raybestos, but not sure the part # or what works with my car. The sites I plug it in on ask if it's standard or TA. It's not a TA, just the GTS and I see the word Stoptech written on the rotors. I've read on the forums that most people go with ST-47's up front and 43's in rear. But again when I plug in my car on the brake sites, it only suggests the ST-43's for all four corners. I also do mainly street driving so definitely want something geared towards that too, but extra stopping power and life without fade on the track. Could you all suggest what would would be a good balance? And maybe part #'s, etc.? Thanks so much, didn't want to put a lot of money in it and instantly regret it.

ViperGeorge
04-16-2017, 11:03 PM
I use the ST45s in the front and ST43s in the rear. Work great and I'm very happy with them. I leave them on the car all the time. Porterfield Brakes are the people to talk to, porterfield-brakes.com

Bleed viper
04-17-2017, 09:58 AM
I use the ST45s in the front and ST43s in the rear. Work great and I'm very happy with them. I leave them on the car all the time. Porterfield Brakes are the people to talk to, porterfield-brakes.com

Thanks man. I appreciate the help.

Arizona Vipers
04-19-2017, 12:22 AM
Hey guys, having a little trouble figuring out what brake pad I need. I think I've settled on the Raybestos, but not sure the part # or what works with my car. The sites I plug it in on ask if it's standard or TA. It's not a TA, just the GTS and I see the word Stoptech written on the rotors. I've read on the forums that most people go with ST-47's up front and 43's in rear. But again when I plug in my car on the brake sites, it only suggests the ST-43's for all four corners. I also do mainly street driving so definitely want something geared towards that too, but extra stopping power and life without fade on the track. Could you all suggest what would would be a good balance? And maybe part #'s, etc.? Thanks so much, didn't want to put a lot of money in it and instantly regret it.

Have you done any track events on the stock pads?

Bleed viper
04-19-2017, 08:23 AM
Have you done any track events on the stock pads?

I think I've done 8 and never replaced the stockers. For the most part I've always felt the were up to the task, but I'm not overly abusive on them. The last event at Road Atlanta last week was the first time I thought I felt a little unsure and decided it was time to replace and upgrade slightly. I got the ST-43's ordered and will have them on for VIR in a few weeks and can see how they do.

Special Ed
04-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Are you doing the PDE event at VIR on 5/1 and 5/2? I going up in the afternoon on 5/1 and tracking on 5/2. If that is when your going I'd enjoy meeting up with you.

Bleed viper
04-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Are you doing the PDE event at VIR on 5/1 and 5/2? I going up in the afternoon on 5/1 and tracking on 5/2. If that is when your going I'd enjoy meeting up with you.

Yes, but I am going up on Sunday, and running on Monday. But should still be around on Tuesday for a little while. A friend is bringing his ACR-E also. Thanks for the help with the brake pads also, I ordered them from your suggestion and they were delivered today. Will get them on before I head to VIR.

Arizona Vipers
04-19-2017, 04:05 PM
I think I've done 8 and never replaced the stockers. For the most part I've always felt the were up to the task, but I'm not overly abusive on them. The last event at Road Atlanta last week was the first time I thought I felt a little unsure and decided it was time to replace and upgrade slightly. I got the ST-43's ordered and will have them on for VIR in a few weeks and can see how they do.

Yeah the stockers worked great for me, I had the track pack Stoptech's before switching the ACR carbon brakes, and I was impressed with the stock pads. Good enough for 95% of anyone tracking the car.

Bleed viper
04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
I got the pads on today and Holy Crap they bite hard and haul it down fast. I can't imagine the carbon brakes or anything on up the line. I'll have to wait to pass judgement until after VIR, but so far, wow what a difference. Very Happy with the recommendations and help, hope I'm still singing these praises a month from now.