PDA

View Full Version : Harness whatcha got

poptarts
04-09-2017, 07:05 PM
So I'm looking to maybe invest into a pair of harness for my 2013. I would love to get input from anyone who has had them. How are they on a street car that goes to the track once a month or events.. also post a pic and brand of harness you have.. thanks

Special Ed
04-09-2017, 07:47 PM
I have Simpson 6 point cam lock belts with their platinum adjusters and clip in anchors. When I'm not tracking the car I remove the shoulder and lap belts (a three to five minute process), the submarine belts get pulled down thru the holes in the seat and stay tucked beneath the seat.

ViperGeorge
04-09-2017, 07:54 PM
I have Simpson 6 point cam lock belts with their platinum adjusters and clip in anchors. When I'm not tracking the car I remove the shoulder and lap belts (a three to five minute process), the submarine belts get pulled down thru the holes in the seat and stay tucked beneath the seat.

What holes in the seat?

I use TeamTech. Very secure. Shoulder belts are easy to remove, rest not so much.

Special Ed
04-09-2017, 08:02 PM
The holes at the point where the seat cushion meet the back of the seat. The holes that are factory designed for the routing of the submarine belts in a six point system. If you go searching for loose change at the back of the cushion you will find them.

FSTENUF
04-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Team Tech Super easy to install FYI use there cross bar.

ViperGeorge
04-09-2017, 08:30 PM
The holes at the point where the seat cushion meet the back of the seat. The holes that are factory designed for the routing of the submarine belts in a six point system. If you go searching for loose change at the back of the cushion you will find them.

Oh, those holes. I thought you were talking about sub belt holes towards the front of the seat like some racing seats have.

13COBRA
04-09-2017, 08:32 PM
TeamTech here. Just installed them last week, taking it to the track next week. I like them so far.

nx91notch
04-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Do the Team Tech harness's work with a seat lowering kit?

13COBRA
04-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Do the Team Tech harness's work with a seat lowering kit?

My seat is not lowered, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't. With the seat lowered, and fixed, it may be easier to remove the seat to install the harness though.

MoparJohn
04-10-2017, 07:43 AM
In my opinion most people on the forum will tell you to use Team Tech belts. I personally use ones I had made from Simpson Racing. The only reason I decided on Simpson over Team Tech was because I have used Simpson my entire racing career and they are a customer of mine. Their shop in North Carolina was also convenient for me to bring my car there and have a full 7 point setup made.

The Team Tech rear bar that you can purchase for your sub-belts is great and I would advise you to get one. I also think you can buy one from ViperPartsUSA. I have heard that there is a new version of the Team Tech bar which has welded eyelets for you to clip your lap belts onto. While that is great for maybe an autocross event in a high speed track accident that will put too much stress on the rear seat bolts and will without a doubt cause failure. If you plan on tracking your car at all I would STRONGLY recommend that you bolt the lap belts in place. The Viper has those for a reason.

Some will argue for 3 inch belts or a 3 inch belt that has 2 inch around the shoulders to be HANS compatible. Personally I went with 2 inch as I wont be using my belts without a HANS on. When you are wearing a HANS the belts only really make contact around your shoulders and while the belts do make contact with the rest of your chest in an accident all of the stopping power of a belt will be done around the shoulder/hans area.

Next some will suggest that your purchase a padded belt or at a minimum padded around the T-Bar that the 2 sub-belts will attach to. Padded shoulders and chest belts are not necessary in my opinion for the same reason you don't need 3 inch belts if you are wearing a HANS. Padded T-bar could be useful to help protect the family jewels as the Viper has a very odd factory setup where you are sitting on your two sub-belts. Because of this you will have some unfortunate consequences if you are in an accident as the foam of the seat will compress and you will slide forward 2 to 3 inches in an accident which could cost you your balls.
Because of the this setup I went in search of a bar or anchor that I could use for a forward 7th point strap. IPSCO makes one that you can easily bolt in. This 7th strap is huge in keeping the T-bar and belts 5&6 off of you in an accident. I also worked with Simpson to make all of my sub belts cam adjustable instead of having to feed and adjust them through a 3-bar which makes removal and adjustment of the sub belts a snap.

Bill Pemberton
04-10-2017, 07:56 AM
The width of the belts was not determined due to the width of the Hans, but long before that some severe accidents in Europe showed the thin belts eating into the rib cage and organs and having detrimental effects. A wider belt disperses the load over a broader area and these are some distinct reasons tons of folks use the TeamTechs ( and most belts are required to be specific widths in many racing series ) -- that and the fact they have been working with SRT and Dodge forever and frankly , imho, have the best designed system for our cars.

Check with Mark Jorgensen , Mark.Jorgensen@woodhouse.com for set up and ordering , as he has done a ton of them for us.

Cell for Mark is 402-677-2935

Jabba954
04-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Yes, TeamTech harnesses work with the lowered seat.

Dr.Ron
04-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Do your sub belts wrap around the team tech bar or clip onto the eyelets with the lap belts?

FSTENUF
04-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Do your sub belts wrap around the team tech bar or clip onto the eyelets with the lap belts?

Team tech bar. Total install 30 mins for both sides. I have 8 track events using them very comfortable and store out of the way when street driving.

dmann
05-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Yes, TeamTech harnesses work with the lowered seat.
Was this with the Lap/Sub Anchor Bar?

This is the seat lowering kit that i will use.
https://theviperstore.com/Viper5_Products_Parts&Upgrades_Seat_Lowering_Kit.htm

I just want to make sure it will all work together.

BlueAdder
05-24-2017, 03:32 PM

Silly question... how do you remove the pelvic pad?
The hook doesn't come off the buckle and I have to keep it on the seat at all time, which is annoying.

sprite
05-26-2017, 02:07 AM
For people running harnesses do you also have a roll bar installed?

13COBRA
05-26-2017, 06:57 AM
For people running harnesses do you also have a roll bar installed?

Some do, some don't.

mjorgensen
05-26-2017, 09:13 AM
Silly question... how do you remove the pelvic pad?
The hook doesn't come off the buckle and I have to keep it on the seat at all time, which is annoying.

Adjustable sub straps can be installed to make it long enough all the way adjusted out to fold over end of seat. It is still there and attached, just in front of the seat.

Special Ed
05-26-2017, 11:49 AM
A couple of many reasons that I like my Simpson 6 point harness are I can remove the lap and shoulder belts in about 3 minutes and the sub belts have sewn loops on ends and no hardware. When not in use I just pull them back through the slots in the bottom of the seat. They sit nicely under the seat attached to the cross bar till they are needed again.

BlueAdder
05-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Adjustable sub straps can be installed to make it long enough all the way adjusted out to fold over end of seat. It is still there and attached, just in front of the seat.

I see, so I guess I was doing right. Just is bothersome. it's just hanging between my knees all the time. Oh well, can't complain too much, I'm willing to deal with this for the sake of safety.

Dr.Ron
05-26-2017, 01:45 PM
I found the anti sub strap to be too tight around my croch & very uncomfortable for some reason!
Pretty sure it's maxed out on the length.

Cybermig
05-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Would recommend the Teamtech setup.... and get their sub strap bar. Makes the install super easy and well worth it.

13COBRA
05-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Would recommend the Teamtech setup.... and get their sub strap bar. Makes the install super easy and well worth it.

I put them in my Gen IV a month or two ago and absolutely love them. Besides my stupidity, they were super easy to install.