PDA

View Full Version : GEN II ACR (BBS) Wheels

GhostStalker27
01-22-2014, 11:35 AM
I see a lot of Gen2 ACRs that don't have the 20 spoke BBS wheels (mine included). I think they look great and wish they were still on my car when I got it. Can anyone shed some light onto why a see them missing from so many ACRs? Thanks

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
I am a 'student' of that wheel, and once had a G2 ACR.

VERY LIGHT and easily bent-damaged.

Very expensive and discontinued.

Center caps fragile and discontinued....I have tips to salvage damaged ones.

GhostStalker27
01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I and a 'student' of that wheel, and once had a G2 ACR.

VERY LIGHT and easily bent-damaged.

Very expensive and discontinued.

Thanks JonB, I hear ya on the expensive part - I've been looking and found prices ranging from $4,500-$8,500 for a set. I sort of wish someone offered a more durable replica GT2/ACR wheel.

SSSSE YA
01-22-2014, 01:40 PM
I found a set on E bay, ............I thought I could make a few dollars. I had a hard time selling them for 3,500.

Thawk97
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
I'd love to have a set someday - best wheels on the Viper imo

Coloviper
01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Should have kept them as they may be worth the price of a GEN I in the future. I paid $3,300 shipped to the house for mine last year which was way below the price others were charging for a used set. Mine were freshly refinished and the member of the old club really went above and beyond to work with me down to that price.

I agree, I think they look awesome. I have been very happy with them on my RT. Now what to do with my old silver 5 spokes? Would like to sell them a they will most likely never go back on the car. But never say never, I guess.

PittsburghRT
01-22-2014, 03:03 PM
The BBS LM wheels were always my favorite and I made it a point to buy a set when I first bought my VIper. I think they are a great alternative to the factory gen2 acr wheels.

Bill Pemberton
01-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Surprisingly one of the answers about the wheels was that many switched them or traded them off as they were an absolute pain to keep clean. Agree with PittsburghRT that tha BBS LM wheel
was quite similar and at one point easy to get -- many of the Daytona model GTSs have those rims. They were also a chore to keep looking nice, but they looked super when clean. Pretty sure
those folks who are thinking the rims will be valuable are spot on -- very hard to find now, with many were sold off , or damaged as Jon mentioned. I always liked the look of the original ACR rim
but it was not overly popular in it's day. Now they could be the Holy Grail..............can remember selling sets for under 1000 after we replaced with Forgelines or CCWs.

Hiss Highness
01-22-2014, 04:54 PM
sending my BBS rims in next month for truing and refinishing, was quoted around 270 each rim including transport and mount/remounting/balancing. I was curious as to what they where worth as I had offered them for 1500 before and had no takers so decided to keep and refinish instead

swisspower
01-23-2014, 07:35 AM
I have a great set of BBS rims I am thinking to sell. This came of my 2001 ACR.

sparkrn
01-23-2014, 04:04 PM
I have a great set of BBS rims I am thinking to sell. This came of my 2001 ACR.

what are u looking to get for them?

ICPREY
01-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Mine are sitting in my garage in storage. I don't plan on selling them anytime soon.

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks JonB, I hear ya on the expensive part - I've been looking and found prices ranging from $4,500-$8,500 for a set. I sort of wish someone offered a more durable replica GT2/ACR wheel.

The classic BBS style of 20-spoke (10 wishbones) is copied by many 3pc wheel mfrs. But not in 1pc as the ACR-GT2 had. Even the BBS-LM was a 2pc wheel with a polished outer and a bright silver center.

We sold almost 100 sets of BBS-LM til BBS went Banko and newco would not resurrect it.

CCW makes a similar 1 pc BBS look.....

GOOD LUCK

swisspower
01-23-2014, 09:45 PM
what are u looking to get for them?

It looks like they are worth $3500. My ones are clean with no curb flaws. There are currently mounted on PS2 tires with a lot of tread, but the tires are a production year of 2006. Please send me a pm, if you are interested.