PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Rolls Royce Wraith

Policy Limits
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Checked out one in person yesterday and it took my breath away. It was blue and silver two tone paint on the exterior with a white interior. The car is in Rolls Royce New England's inventory. They basically found a way to shorten the four door Ghost into a two door four seater.

It is the perfect combination of luxury and sport. It finally markets to the under 50 crowd and I believe it will steal Bentley's thunder.

However it isn't offered for those with pocket change. The list price was over 330k. The suicide doors and best craftsmanship I've ever seen in my entire life suggested that it was worth every penny.

swexlin
01-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Checked out one in person yesterday and it took my breath away. It was blue and silver two tone paint on the exterior with a white interior. The car is in Rolls Royce New England's inventory. They basically found a way to shorten the four door Ghost into a two door four seater.

It is the perfect combination of luxury and sport. It finally markets to the under 50 crowd and I believe it will steal Bentley's thunder.

However it isn't offered for those with pocket change. The list price was over 330k. The suicide doors and best craftsmanship I've ever seen in my entire life suggested that it was worth every penny.

A guy at my C&C has Ghost (and a 458, and many other toys) and he gave me a ride in it. It's a rocket....all while swaddled in luxury. If I had the coin, I could see myself in one. Unfortunately the car you just look at costs 60K more than the house I'm buying!!

Policy Limits
01-22-2014, 08:02 AM
The Wraith is a lot less Mr. Bellvidaire than the Ghost. I took the Ghost for an extensive test drive a couple of years ago & was disappointed in the performance given that its a V12. This car seems to want to compete with the Bentley CGT market. It's a perfect blend of sport & luxury; the Ghost is too old fashioned. This one aims at 40's and younger crowd whereas I felt you needed to be 50's plus for the Ghost.

The Wraith model feels like the Phantom's son. Absolutely exquisite

KRATEDISEASE
01-22-2014, 08:07 AM
I hate your kind of people...... people with too much money !! hah ha

By the way, can we be friends ???

Policy Limits
01-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Oh I didn't buy it. Maybe in my dreams. Pics do zero justice but here's some anyway:

City
01-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Fearful of what it would cost just to insure it.

Victxv10
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh boy, can't wait to see how the 300C crowd tries to copy this, doors and all.

Troublemaker
01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
While I can appreciate a car like that for what it is, it doesn't appeal to this part of the 30's crowd.

VoodooRob
01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
I agree with Policy, this is a leap forward for RR and they are definitely going after the Bentley faithful. I'm early 40's and this car is just spot on. HOPEFULLY this car depreciates just as fast as the Bentley CGT does, for us buyers in the future used market. Looking forward to seeing one in person soon.

VoodooRob
01-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Here you go, Rappers already buying them, yo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrds0ju1qNM

JonSav
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Rick ross has always had a sick car game

Policy Limits
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
The Ghost sustained some decent depreciation in the past few years so hopefully the Wraith will too & a fine pre owned example will be available in the mid to low 200's within the next couple of years.

I'd scoop one up & throw an extended factory warranty on it and daily drive it to the office...Rick Boss style...awe yeah. Lol

TowDawg
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
It looks like a Bentley that costs $100k to add a different grill and doors.

Policy Limits
01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
See it in person, sit in it and I doubt you'd say that. I've been in both and owned the B. RR is far superior

ViperSmith
01-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Love the suicide doors

Policy Limits
01-23-2014, 12:20 PM
While I can appreciate a car like that for what it is, it doesn't appeal to this part of the 30's crowd.

curious, since I'm in my 30's & love it. Aesthetic Value is inherently subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Fearful of what it would cost just to insure it.

Might need Lloyd's of London LOL

TrackAire
01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
This new Wraith definitely makes a statement....very unique and fresh. IIRC, this is the car that uses GPS to know what corners are coming up ahead and pre-programs the transmission (and maybe suspension) to be in the perfect gear, etc.

I've been looking at 2010 and 2011 Bentley GT Supersports.....but the Wraith is a whole other level of car.

Cheers,
George