PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop Recommendation in San Diego

v10viperbox
03-30-2017, 03:32 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a body shop that will work on Vipers at or near San Diego. I got sideswiped by a very nice elderly lady in an accident. She took responsibility and her insurance company had agreed that it is a 0 fault on my part and wants to pay me out.

So they sent out an inspector and he frankly had no idea what to do with the Viper and put in his report to have the car inspected by a shop and a estimate drawn up. Door, front fender, rear fender and side-skirts will need repaint and both of my BBS wheels will need to be repaired. Along with an alignment and some small panel gap fixes as the truck is off by a good 1/4 inch to the left now. Maybe a bent rear control arm ever so slightly. Very light hit. There estimate was 3500$ but with a big warning that it could be 5-7x that due to the value of the car. They are behaving very well with me so no real issue there.

I have Used Amato in the past and they are looking into there workload to see if they can do the work but all of the other Exotic or high end places are pretty booked up. Hearing between two-three months till they even get to the car and most don't want to touch it. Most have said they don;t have the ability to match the snakeskin paint. I thought that would be the easiest part honestly.

I have a guy for diminished value and for loss of use to draw up the report already and the insurance will accept that but I have no idea what shop to trust.

The other option was WCS here in town and they do work on Vipers but they are booked out forever.

If anybody here owns a shop or know I would be more then happy to take a suggestion, I will bring a 6 pack of skulpin or home-brew for the shop as well.

v10viperbox
03-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Oh there is a SoCal section. Thank you for the move.

ttrentt
01-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Who did you end up using? I also home brew and distill (legally).

v10viperbox
01-04-2018, 12:02 PM
https://www.yelp.com/biz/murrieta-auto-collision-murrieta

Ask for Hector. Tell them Mike sent you witht he green ACR>

These guys are wizards. They ended up resetting all of the shunt lines on the car and it looks cleaner built then any Gen IV I have ever seen.

Repair was reasonable as well and they matched the paint perfectly. Cannot say enough good things about them.