PDA

View Full Version : International Auto Show in Boston

Policy Limits
01-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Ok just got back. Corvette had a C7 coupe & vert. Hot marketing chick giving presentation and requesting people sit in them pop the hood etc.

Booth and presentation were tastefully done and these things look way better in person. Can see orange peel in the paint job at an angle in the right light though. Still lots of bang for the buck, even if they will be a dime a dozen all over the streets in six months.

Dodge /Chrysler had a hot marketing girl too but no microphone no presentation and no Viper. In fact, there wasn't even any SRT branding at all! Marketing Fail.

This is a major Northeastern Show with Rolls Royce McLaren etc. I don't get it.

Has this occurred in other regions? Aren't the East Coast & West Coast the two wealthiest parts of the country? And no SRT booth? Not even a flag or sign? Am I missing something?

whitebeard
01-20-2014, 02:19 PM
I was there on Friday. Had a nice conversation with a very cute blonde girl by the Dodge little kiosk. Disappointed no SRT representation; with Detroit show going on at same time, I can understand the reason. Loved the black Charger. Saw the Chevy presentation. Wasn't very impressed. Not sure why but it wasn't the best I've seen.

Was able to get to the Bentley and Lambo displays.

Policy Limits
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
The Wraith stole the show. I broke the rules climbed under the rope and sat in the drivers seat. It's craftsmanship is absolutely outstanding. Rolls Royce figured out how to perfectly combine luxury with Sport. If I'm Bentley I'm afraid. Lol

ViperSmith
01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
SRT only goes to limited shows, sadly.

dodgefever
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I went to the show in Virginia Beach last weekend and it was the same. No Viper and the only SRT was a Challenger. They had a ton of trucks and Darts on their display and maybe one of each other model Chrysler product. Meanwhile, the new Corvette was there and had a crowd so large you couldn't even see it. It seems to me this was a missed chance for potential customers for Chrysler.