PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Motor Running V4 0

CarolinaViper
03-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Get Your Motor Running V.0 event on April 1st - (If cancelled due to weather, it will be held the following Saturday, April 8th)
It's that time to get fresh fluids into you Viper! That's right, our Get Your Motor Running V4.0 event will be held in just a couple of weeks on April 1st. The day will include lunch and a dinner at the Village Grill in nearby Layfeyette Village (which has garage parking too!)

If you plan to take part, it is important that you read this entire post for instructions, as we need you to RSVP by March 15th!

Maintenance Clinic
Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm

Three lifts are available (at two different houses right across the street from each other) for oil, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluid changes. If you're not a maintenance guru or have never done this before, that's exactly why we have this event! We will have club members on hand to help out so you can learn how to maintain your Viper! Our club VP Mike Reeves and member Al Humphries from Capital Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Garner will have a parts van on site stocked with the appropriate OEM oil filters, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluids available for purchase. They will also have a fluid disposal tank (aka Big Bertha) on site to properly dispose of used fluids for us. Otherwise, the only fluid you need to bring is your choice of motor oil! I believe most are running the Mobil 1 0W-40 or Pennzoil for the Gen V's formula these days. Below are the estimated oil fill capacities for the various generations (rounded up to the nearest quart): Also, Tom Sessions will be available if anyone needs questions or future appointments for their Viper

1992-2002 - 9 or 10 quarts
2003-2016 - 11 quarts
Of course it never hurts to buy an extra quart!

Lunch will be provided FREE to Carolina VOA members.

If you do not have any maintenance needs, come on out and lend a helping hand and catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

Dinner
Time: 5:15pm till ?
After everyone's maintenance done and clean-up is completed is completed, we drive over to the Village Grill for dinner and drinks . The club is subsidizing $20/per member toward your meal, but if you could contribute toward purchases beyond $20 AND help us out with gratuity, that would be very much appreciated. We'll have our Stryker contribution cans handy during dinner We've done it this way a couple times in the past for other club meals, and everyone has been very generous so we will continue doing it this way. Thanks everyone for you cooperation!

RSVP DETAIL
If you plan to attend this event, please RSVP by March 15th with the following information:

1) The activities you will be attending (1 - Maintenance, 2 - Dinner, or BOTH if you plan to take part in both activities)

IF you are planning to service or have your car serviced, please indicate:
2) The YEAR of your car.
3) Indicate which fluids you would like to have replaced (O - Oil, D - Differential, C - Clutch, B - Brake, T - Transmission). Or, simply use ALL if you wish to have all fluids replaced.
4) Finally, please let us know if you be purchasing fluids "on-site" so we can ensure we have adequate inventory. A simple "YES" if you plan to purchase on-site or "NO" if you plan to purchase them elsewhere will do. Again, motor oil will not be provided, so bring your own, but everything else can be purchased from the parts van at VERY COMPETITIVE prices.
5) If you will be attending dinner (Please Do) lets us know the total number in your party, so we can make reservations arrangements

For those coming from afar, we may be a few members that can share a guest room with you for your overnight stay. You are certainly welcome to them. Also, there are some nice hotels in the area.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll see you soon!

Mreeves
03-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Both

No Maintenance

CarolinaViper
03-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks, Mike. I will send you and Al the spreed sheet with the type of fluids needed by Thursday/Friday

Jeff

DNRossi
03-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Dinner only (2.5 people)

CarolinaViper
03-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Dinner only (2.5 people)

I love the .5 people...start them young

C.J
03-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Shoot, I need to see what fluids are due. I think it might only be oil.

I'll be attending the event and dinner (have to check on wife and daughter for dinner)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

DNRossi
03-17-2017, 01:27 PM
change of plans, we will not be able to make it because Dugan has to go into work and we would never make it out to dinner before 6pm. hope y'all have a great time!

CarolinaViper
03-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Looks like we are going to have about 10 members requiring maintenance and 25 or so for dinner. Can't wait to see everyone, its been to long since we last got together.

Josrocket
03-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Sheena and I will be there for both maintenance and dinner.

I need ALL if possible.
I will have my own brake fluid.
2001 RT/10

VIPERD
03-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Jeff, I'm sure you got my email, but thought I'd reply here as well... I'm in for getting mine looked over. Not sure if it needs fluids or not, unfortunately. Maybe I can be told if it does or if it's good while there with you all. I'm also in for dinner. Would any one mind if a photographer who shoots cars all over the Raleigh-Triangle attended to shoot some photos as well? Wanted to ask the group first before inviting. I'm also bringing my Canon 70D for photos and video.

Is anyone going to C&C first in the morning in Morrisville?

Brian GTS
03-29-2017, 06:25 AM
Lots of good photo opportunities at these events. Looking forward to it!

CarolinaViper
03-29-2017, 12:59 PM
Jeff, I'm sure you got my email, but thought I'd reply here as well... I'm in for getting mine looked over. Not sure if it needs fluids or not, unfortunately. Maybe I can be told if it does or if it's good while there with you all. I'm also in for dinner. Would any one mind if a photographer who shoots cars all over the Raleigh-Triangle attended to shoot some photos as well? Wanted to ask the group first before inviting. I'm also bringing my Canon 70D for photos and video.

Is anyone going to C&C first in the morning in Morrisville?

As Brian no problem at all. This would be a great time for you to ask Tom Sessions those Viper questions. The best Viper tech guy I know...but then he's the only one I know.

Jeff

No hemi
03-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Grrrr wish I could make it :(:(

CarolinaViper
04-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Boy that was great, as I said in the email I sent out, this event has to be one of the region's best we do every year. Thanks to Donna & Stella for hosting the event, Craig & Brian for being the first and last ones at the event. Mike & Al and Capital CJD for proving all the needed fluids and other items required to make this event happen. Thanks to Tom Sessions for showing us shortcuts, like how to fill the diff fluid a whole lot easier than using a hand pump. Nina for picking us a great place to eat that meets Viper owner's requirements 1) Covered parking, 2) Great food, 3) Great prices, 4) Close to the event. Had a great time talking with all, we meet a couple new members and hopefully encourage a few potential members to join the VOA. Again thanks to all that had a hand in ensuring the event and thanks to all those that showed up. We could do all the planning ahead of time, have great weather (which we did), but without member participation it would not be a success. I was to busy talking to everyone and did not take any pictures, so those that did, please post them.

Thx

Jeff

Brian GTS
04-02-2017, 09:14 PM
First and foremost, a BIG thanks to Donna and Stella for letting us use their AWESOME garage and lifts! Thank you Craig for your tireless efforts as always. Tom Sessions, you are the man....such a humble and all around great guy willing to lend a hand when he can. Whoever bought the donuts for breakfast (Craig?) and Pizza for lunch...thank you! Thanks you Carolinas VOA for the dinner....whatta club! Couldn't have asked for a better day....well, maybe a little less pollen would have been nice. Great to see everyone again! Wish I had pics....if anyone does, please post them!

VIPERD
04-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Great event all around! And was such a nice meeting everyone from all over the Carolinas and Virginia! Such an outstanding group of people, so welcoming and very much looking forward to future events and, of course, Tail of the Dragon!! I convinced my wife to attend now too, so I'm registering her tonight. Terri Reeves and Tricia Martof also helped convince her :)

I have a lot of photos and videos from my phone, GoPro and my DSLR 70D. Will get them uploaded and posted as soon as I can :)

- Patrick

CarolinaViper
04-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Great event all around! And was such a nice meeting everyone from all over the Carolinas and Virginia! Such an outstanding group of people, so welcoming and very much looking forward to future events and, of course, Tail of the Dragon!! I convinced my wife to attend now too, so I'm registering her tonight. Terri Reeves and Tricia Martof also helped convince her :)

I have a lot of photos and videos from my phone, GoPro and my DSLR 70D. Will get them uploaded and posted as soon as I can :)

- Patrick

Patrick - Glad you had a great time and as you said the spouses of our members are outstanding - When I was a new member, they always made Donna feel very comfortable.

2ndGEN
04-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Thank you all again for the Amazing experience at GYMR! I learned a ton about my Gen 2, even stumbled through my 1st Viper oil change thanks to Craig!!! Hopefully I made DaveW proud and represented the legacy well!! Thank you all and look forward to seeing you at the next event.

-Jason

C.J
04-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Yet another great day with my Viper brothers and sisters! Donna and Stella's garage is awesome, the Vipers were amazing, and best of all, the company was a lot of fun! In spite of not ordering enough pizzas to start with (thanks Jeff for taking care of the second order), we changed a lot of fluids and learned a couple good service tips from Tom Sessions.

Jason & Patrick, it was great to meet you both and look forward to seeing you all at an upcoming event.

Did anyone take photos?

C.J
04-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Donna and I provided the donuts. Daylite Donuts makes some amazing fatty rings!

First and foremost, a BIG thanks to Donna and Stella for letting us use their AWESOME garage and lifts! Thank you Craig for your tireless efforts as always. Tom Sessions, you are the man....such a humble and all around great guy willing to lend a hand when he can. Whoever bought the donuts for breakfast (Craig & Donna) and Pizza for lunch...thank you! Thanks you Carolinas VOA for the dinner....whatta club! Couldn't have asked for a better day....well, maybe a little less pollen would have been nice. Great to see everyone again! Wish I had pics....if anyone does, please post them!

VIPERD
04-11-2017, 05:40 AM
Craig, I have a lot of photos and videos from the day. I can upload to a DropBox link to share with everyone, but will have to be this weekend when I can do that! It was a great time! - Patrick