PDA

View Full Version : Ball Park idea when the Connor St Plant 25th Anniversary Celebration will be

AdairII
02-24-2017, 09:23 PM
All, not sure about you all, but my summer car show and event calendar is starting to fill up. Planning to do Mopar Nationals in Ohio with the Ohio VOA and those that come from elsewhere. Looking at going to Monterey for Auto Week the next week in Aug....so I am needing to commit to hotel rooms. A closing ceremony would be of course a trump card for any scheduled event - but don't want to miss out on the other fun stuff to do with my car. Just looking for a little insider info -

steve911
02-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Heard a distant rumor that is the same weekend as woodward.

BlknBlu
02-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Hopefully mid August

Bruce

steve911
02-26-2017, 10:05 AM
The Woodward weekend is Aug 19-20

SmoknTires
02-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Woodward was the target - to be combined with other things being planned with both FCA and VOA. However some things have again changed within FCA so we're awaiting feedback from the execs. It's in FCA's hands at the moment. Admittedly things tend to happen somewhat last minute with them - partly because this isn't the most important thing on their mind. We're nudging. For the sake of getting this on the calendar, we're trying to get a commitment on date from them - I totally agree - most important thing is to get this on the calendar. You can't wait until 3 weeks before the day and then say "hey, cmon over!". : )

The SECOND we hear word - we'll get info out to people. But my gut is telling me we may be waiting a bit more.

J TNT
02-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the updated Alex . As you mentioned , hopefully it's sooner then later to book hotels . They fill up fast . ;)

AdairII
04-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Just checking if there are any more official or unofficial updates?
Trying to hedge my bet that it will coincide with Woodward...as rooms at the Hilton and Marriot brand properties are starting to fill up (well the points for stays are heading north anyway)

SmoknTires
04-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Nothing at all from FCA yet. We've been pestering! Personally I have a feeling we won't hear anything until the end of May.

EZ 2B Green
04-26-2017, 10:33 PM
The problem will be if they wait too long the Hotels will be booked up due to Woodward. I've made plans to be there so I am hoping that if there is an event, I have the dates covered.
Woodward Dream Cruise is 8/19.

BTW: I think J TNT still owes me cookies!

SmoknTires
04-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Totally agree, we've cautioned that months ago but it needs to all be approved by their higher ups - and from what I hear it hasn't been approved yet to even begin the next stage of prep. JRT hasn't been engaged yet at all to plan. Not a good sign. Waiting last minute is also bad as it'll make it harder for many to make the long trek as personal plans will get in the way, along with conflicts with other club events. And if tied to Woodward, getting accommodations 2 months before the event, is a mess.

We're with you, we know. : )

shownoff
06-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Any Updates that you can Share ????

SmoknTires
06-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Still nothing. Unfortunately FCA hasn't completed all of their planning and has been hesitant to commit to anything. I'm told that we'll know VERY soon (initially early June) but still being told it's "any day". So we're close to hearing something, but I'm growing tired of misinforming people... I do sense it'll be the next couple weeks that we'll get some info, but frankly this is far too close to the event already.

I'm also told this may not tie with Woodward - perhaps making it less appealing to those trying to get a 2-for deal... We'll see. As soon as info is provided, I sense everyone will know in seconds! Until then I'm sad to say there is no other definite info.